Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

All that hit.....

We all know that at the moment on all that gear in Throne of Thunder is way to much hit.

I'm wondering if there is some statement from blizzard, how they will work with that hit
    in future content, it's no fun being 5% over cap with no chance......

10+ Year Old Account
    I treat hit like i do oil in a car. its better to be over than under. As long as the excess hit is put into other stuff not much you can do.

Would you like some hit with your hit?

Not to derail, but having too much oil in your car is also a bad thing. The extra pressure can blow many seals and cost lots of money to fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    which character are you playing as a main? ur dk, monk, or druid? as dk's go we are fine on hit. just take BIS gear only. dont get off crap pieces like the hit trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    which character are you playing as a main? ur dk, monk, or druid? as dk's go we are fine on hit. just take BIS gear only. dont get off crap pieces like the hit trinket.
    the trinket is one of the strongest items ever for every str melee this tier.........
    the procc is insane, you should inform yourself before posting something like this, in bis gear wont be that much over hit like at the moment but still good way over cap

if your a DK and aren't using that trinket I have to assume your still wiping on normal modes or don't play a DK because that trinket IS BIS for unholy which is the better of the 2 specs right now for like 11 of the 13 heroic fights.

They need to just adjust what you need to get to "100%" hit. The fact that 2550 (for melee) doesn't change, but our ilvls go up up up as we move through each new raid Tier and item rating allocation is greater each time, is the issue.

The only way you can stay under is if you REALLY stick to the bare minimum of items without hit, and for some classes (like DKs), that relies on random stat items and shared boss loot. Both unreliable :P
    Last edited by fangless; 2013-05-22 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    I treat hit like i do oil in a car. its better to be over than under. As long as the excess hit is put into other stuff not much you can do.
    Theoretically it's actually better to be just under (like 7.45%).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolatarygos View Post
    Would you like some hit with your hit?

Not to derail, but having too much oil in your car is also a bad thing. The extra pressure can blow many seals and cost lots of money to fix.
    very true but I would rather have to replace seals that run low and replace engines. guess my comparison is bad..........and I feel bad.

on track. with alot of hit you can probably start swapping out to gear with less hit and only keep a few select pieces as a option.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    Yeah, it's really just as bad to be grossly overfilled on oil as it is to be underfilled. With hit, it's better statistically to be just below, rather than just above (price is right style), in an effort to be 100% efficient. But yes, this tier sucks for 2H melee users.

TROLOLOL...this guy. #1 advice US. JiKun feather is amazing for any STR class, even if it puts you way over hit cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    So nobody knows, or at least has seen a comment from blizz where they say how they handle hit in the next tier ?
    to bad, i mean on the next tier chest, weapon, trinket or leg will be even more hit then now, who know maybe they are smart enough to put hit on other pieces and not one of them i mean there must be 1500-2000 hit then....

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple solution: For 5.4 SoO, put exactly zero hit/expertise on any non-tier pieces. That way people reforge the off-pieces to fill in the gaps from the tier.

Also, Blue sockets are the Devil!

Deleted
    personally as i dnt mind the hit, im currently reforging into it even.

expertise however... ooh god what a nightmare that is. its just everywhere in huge numbers.

i don't think they should be putting Hit or Expertise on things to begin with. they should be redesigned to "reforge only" status.

gets rid of this whole problem, as there's no way you can reforge from 7.3% to 9+% on a single item. yet as it currently stands, there are classes with 9+% of hit/expertise on their gear that they can't reforge off.

edit add: would also remove the question of them increasing boss dodge and miss rates with each tier, which i know they were considering when people stated that this (excess hit and exp that wasn't removable) was going to be a problem earlier this expac.
    Last edited by Ssith; 2013-05-22 at 09:02 PM.

Our DK has his feather trinket and 4pc and has no issue keeping hit in check. He doesn't even have to reforge his feather.

YMMV. The devs said they don't want every gear combination to be optimal.

the tortos bow with both expertise and hit is just over the top cruel

Reforging should be 100% of a stat instead of 40% of a stat. MoP has the biggest ilvl increase of any expansion. In 2 tiers we've gone from 463 to 549. In 3 tiers of Cata we went from 359 to 416. Based on the current scaling, I wouldn't be surprised if we reach 600 ilvl by SoO, in which case I expect most gear with Hit / Expertise will be considered useless unless they're an OP trinket or OP weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionAntares View Post
    Our DK has his feather trinket and 4pc and has no issue keeping hit in check. He doesn't even have to reforge his feather.

YMMV. The devs said they don't want every gear combination to be optimal.
    He's in the minority. At the moment my gear combo's fine, I can still gem blue sockets with str+hit for bonuses. However, keep in mind a few other DK gear issues:

The easiest 2H sword to get your hands on (council) has a load of hit.
    The feather trinket (dat trinket!) would still be BiS if you couldn't use any of the hit... But by god does it have a lot on.
    Any non-tier plate-dps chest from ToT IIRC has hit on it, one of them comes from Jin'rokh - a boss that most will be doing on heroic soon enough.
    Both rings (discounting Ra-Den and the shado-pan rep one) have hit on them.

It pushes you into a very specific gear path, using as many tier pieces without hit to give yourself some leeway. Hell, if I ended up using a non-tier chest and wanted to keep the 4set I'd suddenly have about 10% hit I couldn't reforge out of because (you guessed it) both the tier helm and gloves have hit :-P

EDIT - IMO the removal of hit/expertise all together would likely be the best way to go, however I could see it needing a load of work to balance existing gear. Maybe the option to reforge more hit/expertise away would be a decent compromise.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-05-23 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is ridiculous amount of hit on some gear, on other not so much.

Getting below 9% on my iLvL 524 (most things upgraded) guardian druid is impossible, even w/o having any hit trinkets.
    For our prot. pala, same iLvL, items upgraded, getting bit below hit cap is possible. He even needs to reforge to hit.

I guess it depends on which gear classes/roles use.

Though removing hit (expertise) from gear could pose more problems then being "slightly" over the cap. If the caps of hit/exp would be left the same, then I doubt that you can reach those values w/o loosing most, if not all of your other secondary stats.

Item squash on the other hand will mean that, if that happens, all of the older bosses need to be scaled accordingly as well ^^

There's a ridiculous amount of all stats on items, that's the thing.

They could just make hit weigh more on the item allocation points, so not as much is added in comparison to the other stats, or bump up the rating as the tier goes along. Next tier, with our 570 items or whatever they will be (lol), item allocation will be a lot larger, and I wouldn't be shocked to see the hit cap meet after two heroic pieces of gear.