Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Worst spawning "mechanic" EVER

im getting pretty close to over 24 hours straight of searching for the unborn valkyr now for those who dont know the unborn valkyr is a rare spawn pet like the minfernal or scourged whelp HOWEVER unlike those two it can spawn ANYWHERE in northrend, literally anywhere.

so instead of sitting in one spot and knowing if you wait long enough eventually it will spawn you have to fly all over northrend hours on end and hope you happen to be in the right place at the right time.

not only have i been searching for almost 24 hours straight for more than half the time i had 2 to 3 people helping me look for it.

this is horrible and i hate it, if it was in one spot i wouldnt mind because i could just go there sit there and wait and if i can figure out when it last spawned i could probably even figure out when exactly i need to show up or if its a weather effect just sit there and wait for it to happen but no i have to fly all around northrend and read every green paw that shows up and check over and over again.

to compensate for its bad spawning "mechanic" blizzard should raise the spawn rate, not to ludicrous amounts but enough to where things like flying around for almost 24 hours straight arent likely to happen
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Actually this seems like a pretty reasonable mechanic. The goal is for the pet to be super rare, and to get people out looking for it. Sitting in a general area waiting for your NPC scan-like addon to go off while doing other things is probably not Blizzard's goal when they decided on this. The only problem I have with it, is that it's in a heavily populated CRZ zone.

Also: The patch has been live for little over 24 hours, and you're QQing because you don't have something that just came out. I know it's new and shiny. but calm down. Come back in a week or two, and then I'll listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Actually this seems like a pretty reasonable mechanic. The goal is for the pet to be super rare, and to get people out looking for it. Sitting in a general area waiting for your NPC scan-like addon to go off while doing other things is probably not Blizzard's goal when they decided on this. The only problem I have with it, is that it's in a heavily populated CRZ zone.

Also: The patch has been live for little over 24 hours, and you're QQing because you don't have something that just came out. I know it's new and shiny. but calm down. Come back in a week or two, and then I'll listen.
    i currently have every wild battle pet in the game besides this one, this is the worst spawning mechanic in the game hands down
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i currently have every wild battle pet in the game besides this one, this is the worst spawning mechanic in the game hands down
    It's a good mechanic, Be proud of it.
    You might hate it now, but when you have it you will be more proud then ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quiraji guardling? cause thats not supposed to be out till June.. its the only one (before this patch) that I havent gotten yet.

Sounds a bit like Time Lost. Rarity is important.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Quiraji guardling? cause thats not supposed to be out till June.. its the only one (before this patch) that I havent gotten yet.
    i dont count that one since even though its technically in the game its till not "released"

You are also forgetting the fact that nothing you do will make it spawn, considering its Realm based. I how ever think its a wonderful Mechanic will make it when i see it, or even lucky enough catch it wonderful. Here is hoping they make more this way

i should also mention that their are griefers who fly around and use aoe spells to kill the pet just so other people cant get it

i should also mention that their are griefers who fly around and use aoe spells to kill the pet just so other people cant get it
    Making it more rare and more epic for the people who manage to get it.

It could be like Time Lost and not even spawn within the first X hours after server restart. Also, I doubt it can spawn literally anywhere. There must be set points. One thing I read said it spawned instead of rare Northrend mobs.

The cleric Epic in EQ would like a word with you about spawn rates and camping for days...

It's a great mechanic imo. Sitting and addon camping for stuff is super lame. I want more things to be exactly like this to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    It's a good mechanic, Be proud of it.
    You might hate it now, but when you have it you will be more proud then ever.
    Odd, after I got Time-Lost, Phosphorescent, among other rarities, I didn't feel any more proud then when i didn't have them. More like "fucking finally" and went and did something else. Don't sugarcoat BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Making it more rare and more epic for the people who manage to get it.
    /epicfuckingfacepalm

It's a great mechanic. It's meant to be an exceedingly rare pet, and this works well with that. You may not like it because this makes it virtually impossible to farm for, but that doesn't make it a bad mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    searching for it too..been flying around since 10hours now, between 3 different low populated servers >.<

i already have a stone to upgrade it, so i don't care about the rarity..i just one it lol :S

Deleted
    Could you possibly be more obvious when shrugging off a valid reasoning? People wanting rare stuff day 1 (and more importantly, whining about it).... sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Could you possibly be more obvious when shrugging off a valid reasoning? People wanting rare stuff day 1 (and more importantly, whining about it).... sickening.
    yes because having gotten all the other super rare pets and waiting hours on end to get them doesnt give me experience to know when something is to damn hard to find?

You know I wish I could get to Northrend so I actually could look for that pet. I've noticed that like 3 weeks ago Northrend does not load for me and everything is untextured and my cpu starts running at 90%ish so something is wrong with Northrend and I was kinda hoping the patch would fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    You know I wish I could get to Northrend so I actually could look for that pet. I've noticed that like 3 weeks ago Northrend does not load for me and everything is untextured and my cpu starts running at 90%ish so something is wrong with Northrend and I was kinda hoping the patch would fix it.
    have you tried redownloading the client?