Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    There is no such thing as a "non-CRZ" server. All servers are tied to CRZ. However, be that as it may, regardless I will state again that Minfernal spawns multiples and is localized. This pet spawns singularly and covers an entire continent. It's essentially a needle in a haystack, which is not easier in the least.
    Go to The Venture Co and capture the damn thing on 10 mins tops.

There is no such thing as a "non-CRZ" server.
    US has (or had) 1 non-CRZ server (due to being the only Rp-PvP server in some battlegroup or due to some other reason like that). EU, of course, has none.

Deleted
    And once again, CRZ is nothing but a huge pain. Even at 4 am, the zones are completely overcrowded, despite the fact that it's not even weekend.
    Rare spawns are completely fine. The fact that every single other player one encounters is a nuisance isn't.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-05-24 at 02:28 AM.

Well I couldn't sleep, so I decided to log on and go check Northrend again, as I logged on it came up saying realm restarts in 5 mins, so I parked myself in Sholazar basin, and logged on as soon as the server came back up, spamming my macro like crazy over the first mapped spawn point, nothing, got to the 2nd and bam! Unborn Val'kyr.

Now the proud owner of this little beauty

Got mine today after flying over Northrend for the past 2 days. I found it at the Forlorn Woods in Crystalsong Forest, I do not have exact coords as I do not have a coords addon. My friend got one just 6hours before me, so the spawn timer seems to be 6+ hours. I can also confirm that more than one can spawn per spawn time, while I was looking for it I saw one in Sholazar Basin at the northern Loque'nahak spawn point however the pet was just caught by a Blood Elf hunter who I killed while he was cheering at his Val'kyr and laughing at me, after I killed him I was on my way to Dalaran to log out for a while but I decided to make another circle around the continent and just as I stepped out of Dalaran my NpcScan went off and there she was! Good luck everyone, it might take awhile but it is definitely worth it, she's awesome :3.

On the plus side it's a lot harder for other people to camp it. Just wish they'd put her in the game before I finished all my Northrend pet collecting!

I should go add her to NPCScan...

Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Sounds a bit like Time Lost. Rarity is important.
    Well at least he had a spawn path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

And when you eventually find it you will get an awesome feeling and moment of relief.... Whereas if it was easy you'd just forget you even had it and not care about it.

What completely baffles me is why they don't design it so that the Unborn Val'kyr has a chance to spawn behind any battle pet in Northrend. That would make it 100% more enjoyable and useful since you may have pets you need to level up.

Personally, I find this a little bit punishing to pet collectors for three reasons.

1.) It's in Northrend - This content is outdated, and there are very few reasons to be in Northrend for me right now other than this pet. I am a pet collector first, everything else in WoW is secondary for me. I want this pet, so I will do whatever it takes to get it, similarly to the way many people feel they need to cap valor every week to get the best gear, when that isn't always the case. Had it been a rare Sha pet in Pandaria, at least I could be in current content, getting mats or whatever for my professions while also looking for the rare pet.

2.) I don't care about the rarity of pets. I have a few pets that are a little harder to get, like Grunty or some of the earlier TCG pets. I don't have them or likethem because they're rare, I just like looking at them. I know for many players rarity makes a difference. There's nothing wrong with someone showing off something because it's rare - I see plenty of heroic raiders with Mimiron's Head or Elegon's mount to show it off. I just don't see the appeal to rarity. So, for this to be extra rare for the sake of it being "cooler" that way isn't exactly ideal for me or many collectors I know.

3.) I feel like I'll never get them while searching for them. While fishing up the carps last patch, or trying for the Zandalari raptors or Direhorn baby on the Isle of Giants, I feel like I have much more of a chance, and I am doing something. Even though the Filthling only drops from the elite mobs (confirmed by Mumper via Twitter) they still drop items that vendor for a bit, and I often pull the Saurok that have a chance to drop lesser charms, green, etc. Even if the drop rate is 1%, I still keep in my mind that it WILL eventually drop. On top of that, I'm getting gold or mats for different things, or I'm getting things to put in the AH. While in Northrend, I simply wait for the Val'kyr. Since everyone is lumped together, waiting at the same spots, I feel like I can't move away from my camping spot or I'll lose my chance to get the pet. I feel very hopeless trying for it, because I'm not trying anything other than looking at the paws on my minimap in anticipation.

Just my personal feelings. I prefer something that is easier to get, but I don't mind having to earn it as long as I'm being productive about it. I'll still try for the Val'kyr (after all, it has only been a few days) but I don't have a whole lot of hope of getting it on my busy realm with CRZ added on top of that.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2013-05-24 at 12:17 PM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i currently have every wild battle pet in the game besides this one, this is the worst spawning mechanic in the game hands down
    Two Words: Overturned Caravan.

i should also mention that their are griefers who fly around and use aoe spells to kill the pet just so other people cant get it

Always been the case. How many hunters can attest to having griefers demand gold not to interfere or kill the rare spirit pet that the hunter had been searching for for however long.

Again, this is a good mechanic it gets people back out into the world and exploring instead of just sitting in one area and crying about other crap.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is a weird answer to give to a guy who explained to you WHY that mechanic exists. I don't understand what argument you actually have to offer - maybe it is something like "I invested hours and didn't get it so it is bad because I say so"?
    No, what he meant by it (and it's what I meant by it, as well) is that we've done all the "bad" spawning mechanics that existed prior to this one already and this is far worse.

I'll say it again. Blizzard stated that this pet is supposed to be less elusive than the Minfernal was prior to the random spawn times fix. Currently, it is not. Before, the only way you could get a Minfernal was on a server restart or maintenance day. However, on that occasion, there were a good seven or eight up at once. With this Valkyr pet, since there is only ever one active at a time, and it can be anywhere in seven different zones, it's a needle in a haystack (especially in Storm Peaks now, since it seems Arctic Fox Kits are now just always up).

It's not because we don't have it yet. I spent 50 logged in hours waiting for a sandstorm before I got my Silithid Hatchling (which I appropriately named Patience). But at least when a sandstorm hit, there were several of the pet up at a time. The Valkyr mechanic is worse than either of those. Having only one up active at a time across an entire continent does not deliver on the promise that this pet would not be as frustrating to obtain as a pet that, arguably, was the most frustrating to obtain prior to now.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

No, what he meant by it (and it's what I meant by it, as well) is that we've done all the "bad" spawning mechanics that existed prior to this one already and this is far worse.

I'll say it again. Blizzard stated that this pet is supposed to be less elusive than the Minfernal was prior to the random spawn times fix. Currently, it is not. Before, the only way you could get a Minfernal was on a server restart or maintenance day. However, on that occasion, there were a good seven or eight up at once. With this Valkyr pet, since there is only ever one active at a time, and it can be anywhere in seven different zones, it's a needle in a haystack (especially in Storm Peaks now, since it seems Arctic Fox Kits are now just always up).

It's not because we don't have it yet. I spent 50 logged in hours waiting for a sandstorm before I got my Silithid Hatchling (which I appropriately named Patience). But at least when a sandstorm hit, there were several of the pet up at a time. The Valkyr mechanic is worse than either of those. Having only one up active at a time across an entire continent does not deliver on the promise that this pet would not be as frustrating to obtain as a pet that, arguably, was the most frustrating to obtain prior to now.
    Exactly. I wish it had been a set spawn like the Minfernal used to be, except in Valkyrion or some place like that. Even though there are several spawn locations, it's still a pain when there's one that spawns by you, and then the next one could be across the continent.

Coincidentally, I saw one between Zim'Rhuk and the Altar of Rhunok about 40 minutes ago. Missed it by a few seconds, Blood Elf got to it first. Now I have to wait more. Sigh.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is a weird answer to give to a guy who explained to you WHY that mechanic exists. I don't understand what argument you actually have to offer - maybe it is something like "I invested hours and didn't get it so it is bad because I say so"?
    Actually, the argument "I invested hundreds of hours and never had even a slightliest chance to get it" exactly describes the situation.
    I'm quite OK with good old game formula - invest more, gain more. What we have now, is that investing is irrelevant. Read teh Wowhead and/or warcraftpets.com comments on this pet. The biggest majority "just randomly flew to named spot when they had nothing to do", and "wow got a pet". Just the same freaking RNG over RNG over RNG that was included in stupid Kaluak fishing contest (NEVER saw a shark while missing only three contests over all that years). Of course, some people love gambling and love such a pure luck based gaming. Some, on the other side (me included) hate it, and prefer the good old "more invest = more get".
    Is this argument enough for you?
    ps. Third day spawn camping. Nothing gained. Love Blizzard so much, lol, for this oh so "epic" adventure.

Deleted
    I guess I was very luck when I found one. Check'd WoWhead for spawn location, went to closest one and there it was. No camping what-so-ever.

Just got mine. Decided I would hunt something cause I'm never up this early on wow and servers just restarted. After 30 minutes of searching found one. Honestly one of the easier pets I've captured. Minfernal was way harder than this.

Only one I've seen was before the hotfix, and it killed itself as soon as I had it low enough to start tossing traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think this one is pretty good =P make's me happy to see that u people actully have to waste time looking for it instead of just afking in 1 spot waiting for it

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    The cleric Epic in EQ would like a word with you about spawn rates and camping for days...
    This x10000. Try sitting in sol b for weeks on end waiting for it to spawn or killing lord begurgle's PH for days until he spawned. WoW's time sincs are a joke compared to other games.
    Last edited by Softbottom; 2013-05-25 at 03:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    im getting pretty close to over 24 hours straight of searching for the unborn valkyr now for those who dont know the unborn valkyr is a rare spawn pet like the minfernal or scourged whelp HOWEVER unlike those two it can spawn ANYWHERE in northrend, literally anywhere.

so instead of sitting in one spot and knowing if you wait long enough eventually it will spawn you have to fly all over northrend hours on end and hope you happen to be in the right place at the right time.

not only have i been searching for almost 24 hours straight for more than half the time i had 2 to 3 people helping me look for it.

this is horrible and i hate it, if it was in one spot i wouldnt mind because i could just go there sit there and wait and if i can figure out when it last spawned i could probably even figure out when exactly i need to show up or if its a weather effect just sit there and wait for it to happen but no i have to fly all around northrend and read every green paw that shows up and check over and over again.

to compensate for its bad spawning "mechanic" blizzard should raise the spawn rate, not to ludicrous amounts but enough to where things like flying around for almost 24 hours straight arent likely to happen
    Ermaigod I didn't get a rare pet within the first 24-hours of it being added, CLEARLY IT IS BROKEN