Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yeah I understand that, but if real life history has shown us anything, it's that the few can ruin it for the many, I don't see why it shouldn't be the same in the horde, but then again, maybe I'm thinking too much into this, maybe after all the kor'kron are destroyed everything will be ok, but I do have a feeling there is going to be at least some animosity towards orcs.
    The horde and alliance factions are "racist." Why can't a human decide he wants to be with the horde? Why can't an orc decide he would rather fight for the alliance? The only orcs that need to redeem themselves are the ones that did the bad actions the rest of the orcs should not be "tainted" because of what other orcs have done. Even then, everyone else needs to forgive anyone, orcs included, to properly move forward anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I would argue that most enlisted orcs (that means the standing Horde army) support Garrosh. His Kor'kron are simply elite soldiers who are more tightly bound to his will. Blizzard made a point of stating that Garrosh was well-received by much of the orcish population after he left Northrend, and he has gone on to bring prosperity to his people by seizing land and supplies during his term as Warchief.

So, many of the young, ambitious orcs see him as a hero. The older, wiser orcs see his warmongering for what it is. It's unfortunate that to end his reign we'll basically have to rout the strongest part of the Horde's army (the able-bodied grunts and the Kor'kron)... it will leave the Horde weakened, going forward. But! It will also break the orcish hold on the nation, and perhaps allow us to have a more multi-lateral government.
    Agree and this is how I think he was shown in Tides on war at the end.

Yes there were a few orcs who got on his bad side and got the "kor'kron" experience but I believe that the majority of enlisted orcs believe him to be a hero and even then orc people are gettin special treatment from him and his generals over the other horde memebers so it makes them love him more.

now

I do think towards the end of 5.3 we will see thrall enter and try talk sense into the orcs and this might cause the rebellion to effect the generic orc npcs.

think about it : Garrosh son of the saviour, hero of northrend, Destroyer of theramore vs Thrall co-creator of the new horde, Azeroths lead shaman, destroyer of deathwing (Chris metzen......oh woops)

This is how I think they will play it out

They CAN'T just kill off the next Hellscream like nothing, Blizz better have something epic happening.
    Even though many shout for his execution, I think it is bad that the last Hellscream, son of this legendary warrior, is just straight through bad and deserves an axe to his head.

Counting on you Blizz!

Calling it now Garrosh will redeem himself by killing whatever big evil he unleashes.

Under orgimmar his forces will unleash maybe an old god / sha etc.. and after watching his people die he will stike the killing blow and in doing so be mortally wounded and die.

thus reliving the hellscream cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall, son of Durotan View Post
    They CAN'T just kill off the next Hellscream like nothing, Blizz better have something epic happening.
    Even though many shout for his execution, I think it is bad that the last Hellscream, son of this legendary warrior, is just straight through bad and deserves an axe to his head.

Counting on you Blizz!
    I disagree. No special treatment because of who his daddy was. And I'd rather NOT see him die the same way his father did with a cut/paste but with Y'shaarj or the sha of pride or whatever. Bad enough that the ending to Dragon Soul reeked heavily of the ending to Reign of Chaos, I'd rather not have a second expansion ending copy off a WC 3 campaign ending.

Blizz will just blame everything on Garrosh (Who will die or otherwise be removed from existence in the raid), his Kor'kron loyalists will be assumed killed as well (Raids need trash mobs after all), and all remaining orcs will be presumed innocent, tadaaa! Life goes on as if nothing happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrall, son of Durotan View Post

Counting on you Blizz!
    Garrosh would kill of anyone like they were nothing, granting them no honor, well hiding behind black metal walls. He's a coward.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Blizz will just blame everything on Garrosh (Who will die or otherwise be removed from existence in the raid), his Kor'kron loyalists will be assumed killed as well (Raids need trash mobs after all), and all remaining orcs will be presumed innocent, tadaaa! Life goes on as if nothing happened.
    Sadly if that happens I will lose faith in Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    You didnt already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draconicman View Post
    Not likely. I suspect that The Siege of Orgrimmar will end with Orgrimmar under Alliance occupation, which will obviously piss off the the remaining Horde enough to want to kick them out.
    If that happens, Alliance fans will complain about Horde bias when the Horde gets another patch(s) where they overthrow the Alliance occupation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    and what do you want to see happen? For the horde to get put in chains and lead around by the alliance? Or how how giving 50% of there land to the alliance afterwards, and giving up there capital city to the alliance?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Wasn't Thrall an orc? :-P
    No, he his, he still his THE ORC

Ok i've read some posts, there is some interesting PoV... I think Vol'Jin and Baine might involved in what ever happens. My hint goes for Baine, after all, Garrosh killed his own father in a stupid duel for the control of the horde.

I've also never suported a 3rd faction, but the story seems to go in that direction... But i dodn't have a clue of how Blizz is going to balance Bg's and stuff like that.

Without a charismactic character such as Thrall, orcs might never redeem themselves .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    But i dodn't have a clue of how Blizz is going to balance Bg's and stuff like that.
    Easy, current BGs remain, some are added for horde vs. 3rd, alliance vs. 3rd and then epic 3-way slaughter.

Oh who am I kidding, community doesnt like change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see people stating (boldly) that "lots of orcs don't support Garrosh.", this is True *of the playerbase*. The far, far majority of civilian Orcs and those active in the Horde military do support him.

Garrosh represents a return to the militaristic past. Something the older veterans of the Second and Third Wars have desperately wanted. He also represents an Orc Hero, having come from Northrend after achieving victory for the Horde in that place. Furthermore, he has also expanded Horde territory and resources in a time when both are in sharp decline.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Easy, current BGs remain, some are added for horde vs. 3rd, alliance vs. 3rd and then epic 3-way slaughter.
    That would mean that some factions would have some a BG instances locked... Can you imagine the amount of people crying?? I'm sorry that isn't a solution at all.

I'm sorry for the off-topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and what do you want to see happen? For the horde to get put in chains and lead around by the alliance? Or how how giving 50% of there land to the alliance afterwards, and giving up there capital city to the alliance?
    It would be a fun way to introduce "Backgrounds" to character creation. This Orc could be a slave, that Orc a rebel, etc. etc.

Human could have farmer, noble, slaver and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Punch and pie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I see people stating (boldly) that "lots of orcs don't support Garrosh.", this is True *of the playerbase*. The far, far majority of civilian Orcs and those active in the Horde military do support him.

Garrosh represents a return to the militaristic past. Something the older veterans of the Second and Third Wars have desperately wanted. He also represents an Orc Hero, having come from Northrend after achieving victory for the Horde in that place. Furthermore, he has also expanded Horde territory and resources in a time when both are in sharp decline.
    Most don't have a reason not to support him. He fortified their city, got them plenty of food and supplies, recruited 2 large clans into the Horde drastically boosting their numbers, ect. Until he turns on his own people right where everyone can see it, which he is just now doing, they have no reason to hate him.

Zug Fruitvendor doesn't go to MMO Champions to check up on the latest data mined sound files. He doesn't read blue posts and he doesn't know Garrosh is the villain of the expansion. He knows his city is suddenly well fortified and full of people and guards. He hears stories of Horde victories and sees prosperity and probably doesn't give 2 shits about politics.

Just like everyone else they'll have to see it for themselves before they do anything about it.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Most don't have a reason not to support him. He fortified their city, got them plenty of food and supplies, recruited 2 large clans into the Horde drastically boosting their numbers, ect. Until he turns on his own people right where everyone can see it, which he is just now doing, they have no reason to hate him.

Zug Fruitvendor doesn't go to MMO Champions to check up on the latest data mined sound files. He doesn't read blue posts and he doesn't know Garrosh is the villain of the expansion. He knows his city is suddenly well fortified and full of people and guards. He hears stories of Horde victories and sees prosperity and probably doesn't give 2 shits about politics.

Just like everyone else they'll have to see it for themselves before they do anything about it.
    What Azeroth needs is Jon Stewart or Youtube.

There are already orcs among the rebellion. It's pretty well known that Garrosh and his cronies are the ones responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Its sick seeing a race that had such a well developed story just be dragged down like this, AGAIN, after it already climbed up from the shit it made for itself in the past.
    History repeats itself. It's their recent history of war and savagery that makes them susceptible to exactly what's happening right now, in my opinion.