Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Ah, but its not the healer that doesn't do well when there is nothing to heal (not like disc with the first version of Rapture back in BC), because he is: Nobody dies.
    Its the meter-whore that 'fails' to get high numbers.

Healers (and tanks) are no damage dealers where it is mostly clear how to weight different numbers against each other, healing potential has worth as well and thus so does overheal.

If two healers cast spells each of which would prevent the death of a player on its own, but the spells of one of them always get resolved first by the server and thus he gets all the effective healing on the logs, that still doesn't mean that the healing of the other wouldn't have done de job just as well. Why would his healing be worth less then? - It simply isn't. The overlap that shows up on the logs as 'overheal' is caused by them both.
    I want to be doing things instead of waiting for damage as a healer. The raid should always be in danger if I am slacking.

What you said happens a lot in raids and it is frustrating. Not because the overhealing healer doesn't look good on logs ; but because the overhealing healer feels unnecessary. Because that guy didn't even need to cast at that time, the healing coming from others was already enough. This was the case during progression, it's even worse during farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Are you drunk?

Like Isheria said, unless shields get nerfed then every class' primary healing mechanic should be absorbs because shielding for the amount PW:S and DA can is totally ridiculous.
    No..Are you ? You obviously have 0 clue about how discs or any other healing spec works and the only reason you are here is because your disc priest who is apparently a much better player than you is crushing you hps wise and you think nerfing atonement and pw:s %50 will put you in line with that healer. News flash : That guy will probably still find a way to crush you.

And seriously.. when I say disc is the only fun healer atm , do you think that means I love the way healing works atm?
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2013-07-01 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    What you said happens a lot in raids and it is frustrating. Not because the overhealing healer doesn't look good on logs ; but because the overhealing healer feels unnecessary. Because that guy didn't even need to cast at that time, the healing coming from others was already enough. This was the case during progression, it's even worse during farm.
    Yes I understand that problem xD
    If that happens I hope for good graphics or interesting guild chat.

A change to absorbs similar to the change to block in the past might lessen that problem somewhat, the rest has to be done via encounter design.
    I have been waiting for that change for a long time now, but it would break Spirit Shell, maybe they introduce it in the next expansion. If they want to change PoH as they said they would Spirit Shell will get broken anyway.