This seems insane.

Since 5.3 has reduced 85-90 xp by 33% i decided i was going to level some of my alts that i parked at 85. The first being My 2h frost DK.

Im still 85 but i'm getting KM obliterate procs off of KM obliterate procs and each does 90k-170k damage. Needless to say im burning through mobs. Im pulling >40k(single target) dps at 85 ilvl of 362 with 471 arch polearm.

I'm just wondering when this is going to subside. Because the way this looks right now i think i may have found myself a new main.

Having a lvl 90 wpn at 85 is going to give you some inflated numbers. Expect those to come in line as your other gear degrades in value.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    I'm just wondering when this is going to subside.
    It'll subside every level you gain, then at 90 be poop. Welcome to stat/gear scaling.

Deleted
    It's like that for almost every class, especially if you have 420+ blue boe gear and either the ilvl450 BOE waepon or Spear of Xuen to level with, or god forbid Sunlute xD. Stats and damage normalizes at around level 87-88 and then your DPS will suck again. Or well, it wont suck but it'll stay the same

10+ Year Old Account
    I had an 85 guardian druid with a 471 polearm with 56% crit and 75% physical damage reduction via armor (through mastery). I gained one level and dropped to 44% crit. Didn't pay attention to the armor. You'll experience sharp drops like this every level up to 90. Enjoy being overpowered whilst you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Having a lvl 90 wpn at 85 is going to give you some inflated numbers. Expect those to come in line as your other gear degrades in value.
    Does this matter much for casters? Say shadow priest?

is it worth twinking a weap just for the spell power or whatever
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Does this matter much for casters? Say shadow priest?

is it worth twinking a weap just for the spell power or whatever
    I'd say it's worth it. You probably won't notice as much of a difference for single target burst since weapon is a lot more important for melee classes when it comes to that. A ton of extra spell power + secondary stats is pretty noticeable for tab dotting and pulling large amounts of mobs though.

I always found that even in Kun Lai the mobs die fast, but right as you enter Townlong, you WILL see a slow down definitely, more so in Dread Wastes.

Deleted
    As it has already been said, it's because of your weapon :-)
    But when that is said, 2H frost is a very bursty spec. Your main ability is also your hardest hitting one - you don't really 'build up' to use an Obliterate, you simply just use it when you have the runes for it (and have diseases up) :-)
    This also makes it feel even stronger on all those weak mobs, because you have the runes up from the start resulting in the possibility to actually use 2x Obliterate from the very beginning :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Since 5.3 has reduced 85-90 xp by 33% i decided i was going to level some of my alts that i parked at 85. The first being My 2h frost DK.

Im still 85 but i'm getting KM obliterate procs off of KM obliterate procs and each does 90k-170k damage. Needless to say im burning through mobs. Im pulling >40k(single target) dps at 85 ilvl of 362 with 471 arch polearm.

I'm just wondering when this is going to subside. Because the way this looks right now i think i may have found myself a new main.
    Ran 70-80 with my 85 rogue when i lvled it.