Deleted

Lightbulb DK vs. The World!

Hello readers!

I am just getting back to DK's and I've been studying to unholy PvP for days now,
    and experimenting some counters against other classes.

Now I'm appealing to wide experience from the gaming community to tell their counters
    against opposite classes!

How it works:
    1. Mr/Ms X replies to previous post.
    2. Mr/Ms X asks his own question.

P.S. Use exact spec if you want!

Example:
    1. How to counter a Subtlety Rogue you say?
    Do not get stunned, force him to stay in combat and in diseases and kite him around using LoS if possible. Have ghoul on him. Good option (instead of trinket/Icebound Fortitude) is to stun the rogue with your ghoul when he tries to open on you. That way you will waste his CDs.

Spare Icebound Fortitude to get out of Cheap Shots and Kidney Shots, rather than preventing stuns. Rogue will probably try to blind you and run to stealth if you cut the opener stun (if he didn't use his cooldowns). Once you're in diminishing return and you can easily survive next ½ duration stun you can save the trinket until your diminishing return wears off. I would start in Blood Presence if I knew I'm facing a rogue. Then switch to Unholy Presence when I get hold of the situation.

2. How to counter a Hunter?
    I am having hard time coping with hunters hence their spider webs and disengages. I see that they can spider web you, then run away -> disengage & frost trap -> spider web -> ... etc ... and if you get them rooted OR gripped they will use Deterrence. How do I use my abilities to counter this guy?
    Last edited by mmoc8d0614f38b; 2013-05-23 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    Hello readers!
    2. How to counter a Hunter?
    I am having hard time coping with hunters hence their spider webs and disengages. I see that they can spider web you, then run away -> disengage & frost trap -> spider web -> ... etc ... and if you get them rooted OR gripped they will use Deterrence. How do I use my abilities to counter this guy?
    When dealing with hunters the biggest thing you need to worry about is the physical damage from pets, and the god allmighty bitch of a spell called stampede. usually i jsut stay in blood presence, Los as much as possible while death striking the pets and keeping conversion up, once the pets are gone i pop trinkets, unholy blight and gargoyle so all my diseases are snapshotted to be the most damaging they will be, then it's jsut a matter of staying on him while keeping him slowed to stay in range of him. save your asphyix and your howling winter for when he leaves detterence, ususally by this point the hunter is dead. it is important to keep in blood presence as a majority of the dk's damage is physical and your conversion will be on steroids. as of patch 5.3 you wont be able to death coil in blood presence but its still going to be a fair fight with out that benefit.

my question is, how do you kill 2's arena teams with paladins?

edited: no sudden doom procs in blood presence, can still death coil. frantically wrote this and messed up >.<
    Last edited by Nephillim; 2013-05-24 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephillim View Post
    When dealing with hunters the biggest thing you need to worry about is the physical damage from pets, and the god allmighty bitch of a spell called stampede. usually i jsut stay in blood presence, Los as much as possible while death striking the pets and keeping conversion up, once the pets are gone i pop trinkets, unholy blight and gargoyle so all my diseases are snapshotted to be the most damaging they will be, then it's jsut a matter of staying on him while keeping him slowed to stay in range of him. save your asphyix and your howling winter for when he leaves detterence, ususally by this point the hunter is dead. it is important to keep in blood presence as a majority of the dk's damage is physical and your conversion will be on steroids. as of patch 5.3 you wont be able to death coil in blood presence but its still going to be a fair fight with out that benefit.

my question is, how do you kill 2's arena teams with paladins?

edited: no sudden doom procs in blood presence, can still death coil. frantically wrote this and messed up >.<
    1. How to counter a Holy Paladin in 2v2 you say?
    I'd try to keep the Holy Paladins' partner in CC as much as could with help of my team mate. Probably would keep pressure on paladin until he bubbles, then switch to the CC target until the CC targets' diminishing returns are over. Then again put the the guy back in CC rotation and burn cooldowns on the Holy Paladin. Burning would probably go: *opener (turn your runes to death runes) and then spam necrotic strike untill he's 50%, then Asphyxicate/Strangulate and Soul Reaper and burst him down and hope he's under 20% when Soul Reaper ticks. To avoid repetance I would death grip and use ghouls gnaw.

*As opener I would use Plague Strike -> Blood Boil (+Roiling Blood) x2 -> Icy Touch (+Glyph) x2 -> Death & Decay and end up with pile of Death runes to spend.

2. How to counter an Arms Warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    1. How to counter a Holy Paladin in 2v2 you say?
    I'd try to keep the Holy Paladins' partner in CC as much as could with help of my team mate. Probably would keep pressure on paladin until he bubbles, then switch to the CC target until the CC targets' diminishing returns are over. Then again put the the guy back in CC rotation and burn cooldowns on the Holy Paladin. Burning would probably go: *opener (turn your runes to death runes) and then spam necrotic strike untill he's 50%, then Asphyxicate/Strangulate and Soul Reaper and burst him down and hope he's under 20% when Soul Reaper ticks. To avoid repetance I would death grip and use ghouls gnaw.

*As opener I would use Plague Strike -> Blood Boil (+Roiling Blood) x2 -> Icy Touch (+Glyph) x2 -> Death & Decay and end up with pile of Death runes to spend.

2. How to counter an Arms Warrior?
    1.Against a warrior just use the typical damage attacks up while in blood pres and conversion rolling(be prepared to pop defensives since most warriors feel the need to go full ham on the opener),once u have the warrior around 40% start stacking necrotics to prep against second wind when he hits 35%,once the warrior is sub 35% pop all offensive cds and hopefully timmy will be useable at this point and nuke him down but dont neglect necrotic strike during your nuke,9 out of 10 times you will handle a warrior easy this way.

2.How to counter a Demo Warlock?
    Last edited by WillFeral; 2013-05-24 at 10:35 PM.
    Here come the Irish.

Deleted
    You broke the chain

Deleted
    Quest Chain is no longer broken!

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    1.Against a warrior just use the typical damage attacks up while in blood pres and conversion rolling(be prepared to pop defensives since most warriors feel the need to go full ham on the opener),once u have the warrior around 40% start stacking necrotics to prep against second wind when he hits 35%,once the warrior is sub 35% pop all offensive cds and hopefully timmy will be useable at this point and nuke him down but dont neglect necrotic strike during your nuke,9 out of 10 times you will handle a warrior easy this way.

Demo locks are all about putting the offensive pressure on them before they can make you play defensive, then you are ahead. depending on what they use to survive you want to either do 2 things. stack necrotics or just go full swifty on his ass. stacking necrotics gets rid of their heal advantage they have over you and going full swifty even when they have the bubble that stops damage will fuck them up. since the damage done during that bubble will increase your dps when the bubble drops. save ams for when the imps are dropped or you feel big damage coming. or you can save it for when you want to pool RP and lichborne heal. its a tough desicion to eat their fear some times but thats the difficulty in the fight. its a patience game with warlocks but you must remain on the full offensive only taking reprieve as you need to heal to not die.

How, may i ask, dost thou defeat the dreaded subtlety rogue when they can pew pew you down in a cheap shot?

10+ Year Old Account
    How, may i ask, dost thou defeat the dreaded subtlety rogue when they can pew pew you down in a cheap shot?
    Equip Plate armour KGO

Sig Made By Lilliputia....Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    Equip Plate armour KGO
    Such a bad troll,can someone keep this chain going? Thanks
    Here come the Irish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, to keep this going:
    Shadow Priest How to?

Sig Made By Lilliputia....Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    Ok, to keep this going:
    Shadow Priest How to?
    Asphyix with howling winter, open up with swifty cooldowns. death grip and stay on him. save amz/s for solace and insanity unless it looks like he will be dead before he can use it. a necrotic or two wont go wrong.
    /end facetroll
    realtalk: shadow priests aren't really hard as a dk.

how to: frost mage please.

Asphyix with howling winter, open up with swifty cooldowns. death grip and stay on him. save amz/s for solace and insanity unless it looks like he will be dead before he can use it. a necrotic or two wont go wrong.
    /end facetroll
    realtalk: shadow priests aren't really hard as a dk.

how to: frost mage please.
    1. Aphyx is your friend, I try to use it on cooldown(wisely of course) and it really pressures them to pop CDs. Then you can dispel Barrier, Veins. Dark Simalc is your FRIEND here I try to steal Blink for novas(so he cant deep out of them) if I cant steal IB. Make sure you save AMS for DIRE situations and use IBF, Trink and D.Ground to avoid ALL Deep freezes. IT Dispel is very powerful, and combined with some sub 50% necrotics to slow his bombs(kick them if he isnt polying much). CoI is godly in this situation, stay in Blood Pres run Conversion put it up at 50% and you'll never die if you're smart with CDs it'll be an easy fight.

2. I don't really have a question but here is one some other people might like to see, when would be the optimal time for Necrotics to be applied, and when should they be stacked?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuckless View Post
    1. Aphyx is your friend, I try to use it on cooldown(wisely of course) and it really pressures them to pop CDs. Then you can dispel Barrier, Veins. Dark Simalc is your FRIEND here I try to steal Blink for novas(so he cant deep out of them) if I cant steal IB. Make sure you save AMS for DIRE situations and use IBF, Trink and D.Ground to avoid ALL Deep freezes. IT Dispel is very powerful, and combined with some sub 50% necrotics to slow his bombs(kick them if he isnt polying much). CoI is godly in this situation, stay in Blood Pres run Conversion put it up at 50% and you'll never die if you're smart with CDs it'll be an easy fight.

2. I don't really have a question but here is one some other people might like to see, when would be the optimal time for Necrotics to be applied, and when should they be stacked?
    1. Necrotic Strikes debuff, eh?
    You must remember that usage of Necrotic Strike is entirely class/spec specific. It is pointless to use NS against a class that does not have threatening amount of self-heal. Scourge Strike replaces Necrotic Strike in these cases, since it does more damage.
    I would stack necrotic strike absorption to negate self-heals (hots) when enemy plays defensively and is under 50% health to cover at least his/hers remaining health (just a memory rule). Then just burst him/her down. Rune management wise it's almost self-explanatory; you'll turn your runes into death runes and then just use them to necrotic strikes. Depending on your damage output you may have to use couple scourge strikes first and then convert them back to death runes. Main point is that I'd make sure to have 4 usable death runes when enemy is 50% health, then strike him under 40% with necrotic strikes -> reaper -> stun -> burst down.

2. How to counter Elemental Shaman
    Last edited by mmoc8d0614f38b; 2013-06-03 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    To counter elemental shaman, purge away his self buffs and convert to death runes. The priority vs an elemental shaman is to stack necrotics to not only slow his panic healing but also his dps throughput on you.

Keep dark sim on him to try to steal something useful, and use asphyx/ghoul stun when going for the kill and pop garg/frenzy. Beware of the stun/root totem he will use and also use of grounding totem to ground your death grip when he tries to gain some distance. If you see him pop ascendency for burst use AMS or Strangulate to counter it.

Also remember that ghost wolf can be dispelled with icy touch preventing his escapes (even better if chiliblains he will also be slowed) and whatever you do make sure you have the capability to interrupt or break Hex if he tries to use it and run around a pillar to self heal.

2. How to counter WW Monks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    To counter elemental shaman, purge away his self buffs and convert to death runes. The priority vs an elemental shaman is to stack necrotics to not only slow his panic healing but also his dps throughput on you.

Keep dark sim on him to try to steal something useful, and use asphyx/ghoul stun when going for the kill and pop garg/frenzy. Beware of the stun/root totem he will use and also use of grounding totem to ground your death grip when he tries to gain some distance. If you see him pop ascendency for burst use AMS or Strangulate to counter it.

Also remember that ghost wolf can be dispelled with icy touch preventing his escapes (even better if chiliblains he will also be slowed) and whatever you do make sure you have the capability to interrupt or break Hex if he tries to use it and run around a pillar to self heal.

2. How to counter WW Monks

1. How to counter a WW monk you say?

Wind walker monks are quite hard to counter to be honest, but you probably want to LoS them with your diseases on while he has his CD's on. You need to watch out for Touch of Karma. When he casts it on you, DO NOT DPS him, just turn defensive tactics on. If you can't kite him with his CD's on, you want to turn on blood presence and heal yourself as much as you can and don't turn your back against him. Use your stuns for kiting purposes and to escape LoS and save your Icebound Fortitude until he decides to Fists of Fury. Because WW monks have great self heals, you might want to stack necrotic strikes to get him to low health, then just stun him and get Soul Reaper ready for him.

2. Dem Ferals are imposibru, what to do?