Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Thanks a lot for the answers, we'll give it a shot tonight

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question: how viable would it be for a skilled 510 ilvl Monk to tank Ra-den? Our only other option is a 53x DK...

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Quick question: how viable would it be for a skilled 510 ilvl Monk to tank Ra-den? Our only other option is a 53x DK...
    DK wouldn't really be an option, I'm not sure if any DK managed to solo tank it at all tbh, atleast it's a massive pain due to him delaying his shit and then using a different ability to screw over your active mitigation.

Tank damage overall isn't that bad though (i'm talking 10 man here, before the 25ers start calling me insane), and since he can keep up his shuffle 100% of the time he can focus on using other mitigation and what not so it wouldn't be completely out of the question to bring him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    DK wouldn't really be an option, I'm not sure if any DK managed to solo tank it at all tbh, atleast it's a massive pain due to him delaying his shit and then using a different ability to screw over your active mitigation.

Tank damage overall isn't that bad though (i'm talking 10 man here, before the 25ers start calling me insane), and since he can keep up his shuffle 100% of the time he can focus on using other mitigation and what not so it wouldn't be completely out of the question to bring him/her.
    I think you're underestimating the effect of 20-30 ilvls. 510 is really, really low.

Either one is going to cause wipes due to tank instagibs. Sadly, BrM is your best option, but you should try to get some gear on him. I don't see a DK tanking this fight during progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Either one is going to cause wipes due to tank instagibs. Sadly, BrM is your best option, but you should try to get some gear on him. I don't see a DK tanking this fight during progression.
    You're right, but Fatalstrike, the biggest reason for instagibs is based on the tank's HP, making it not really care about ilvl. However more gear means more HP so the 25% of hp you'd be left with (fatalstrike hits for 75%) would be larger and make it easier to survive the hit from an add, or any other random damage. Phase 2 damage is higher then Phase 1 on the tank however it's very smooth compared to the Phase 1 damage.

Eitherway you're right and if able i'd gear that monk a bit, craft him some gear or what ever to get him a bit higher. Other then that I hope you atleast have a disc priest to make the chance of insta gibs a bit smaller.

Actually, the problem is that our pally tank is on vacation, and our monk tank (544) cannot log in due to personal reasons, that's why I wanted to know if going with a 510 monk tank would suffice, just to get this boss over with. We do have a Disc priest, but said priest is also the 510 monk... The idea was to have him be monk tank and have the SP OS Disc for the fight.

I think we may as well hope for the regular monk tank to be able to log on...

Go with the monk. Monks are so broken OP on this fight that it is laughable. Low ilvl or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Didn't have more than 1-2 wipes due to our prot pala dying really.. don't know what the fuss iz about
    I'm not on this fight yet but reading about it and it seems that the prob is when he delays the FS, which would make the SoR fall from the protadin making him die instantly, if that's the issue then just make ur tank pool 5HP and combo a double SoR, not that hard, but then again i might have understood it in a wrong way, can anyone confirm this?

Hey guys, my guild killed this fight earlier today on 10 man, but I have a question about the Crackling Stalker adds. We were setting up silences + stuns for them, and I was noticing during our attempts leading up to the kill that the silences didn't seem to work (though I was under the assumption that it was simply cause the person silencing was just slow). After checking out logs, that definitely seems to be the case now.

Is there a good way to deal with the stalkers chain lightning ability (crackle) besides stuns? We had a bunch of attempts lost simply because a huge chain on the tank + fatal strike would instagib him. Is there a max range on the bounce from the chain itself or something we can work with to make sure the tank doesn't get chained?
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-07-04 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Is there a good way to deal with the stalkers chain lightning ability (crackle) besides stuns? We had a bunch of attempts lost simply because a huge chain on the tank + fatal strike would instagib him. Is there a max range on the bounce from the chain itself or something we can work with to make sure the tank doesn't get chained?
    Stun it at the right time and make the tank smart enough to use a little more mitigation active, for example I pool rage and only use shield slam, around the add I alos demo shout or sw or LS and also barrier. As soon as I started doing this the spikes went down, and so did the boss.

Monk/Pala doesn't matter both are full retard broke on this fight. Easy to play to so just recruit a random shitter if you don't have one in guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Hey guys, my guild killed this fight earlier today on 10 man, but I have a question about the Crackling Stalker adds. We were setting up silences + stuns for them, and I was noticing during our attempts leading up to the kill that the silences didn't seem to work (though I was under the assumption that it was simply cause the person silencing was just slow). After checking out logs, that definitely seems to be the case now.

We ended up killing it last night with 2 tanks. One of them was a Blood DK who would taunt the add and just solo it away from everyone else (while respecting the distance for the debuff). No need for stun rotation or anything. Easy kill

And thanks everyone for the advice in this thread ^^

Ra-den mechanics STACK RANGED DPS That is all

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    we had three melee dps in out group and we did just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    We did it with 3 melee and killed it in one night. If your melee aren't retarded and can swap, they're perfectly viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    We did it with 3 melee and killed it in one night. If your melee aren't retarded and can swap, they're perfectly viable.
    ^
    don't use melee as an excuse for not doing mechanics, it may lower their overall dps a bit but it's much more important to kill the boss thand o that. and it's not like the boss is any sort of a major dps race now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    ^
    don't use melee as an excuse for not doing mechanics, it may lower their overall dps a bit but it's much more important to kill the boss thand o that. and it's not like the boss is any sort of a major dps race now.
    It's more a case of should you have equally skilled players, it's very obvious which ones should be brought.

7th attempt, after we killed Lei Shen. This boss is a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you calling Ra-den fat?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

we tried a few attempts last night using the ra den assist addon, but found it to be terrible as not everyone uses big wigs. would rather do it manually anyway. what i need help figuring out is i have seen the debuff handled in 2 different ways. 1 way is to have 2 diff groups one always goes to 1 mark and the other to the opposite one, other 1 is to have a single order first person with debuff goes to star for example, 2nd goes to diamond, after debuff goes out star moves into stack, diamond portals to star and next player on list goes to diamond, so making like a constant triangle rotation, this is only what i think i saw in some videos but not sure if that isactually what was going on or not. just looking for the easiest way to handle that order in p1