upgrading from taoren

Hello, i currently have 496 taoren with legendary gem and socket as well as lfr Durumu's baleful gaze. I simmed in femaledwarf what double upgrading would do and going from 496 taoren to 504 was a 2k dps increase, than going from that i simmed 510 durumu and saw a 200 dps loss. So i thought maybe if i got 4 set tier 15 it would change the results in favor of durumu since the 4set damage is based off weapon damage but putting in 4set and going from 504 taoren to 510 durumu showed a dps loss of over 800. So i'm kinda confused on what to do, or if maybe i'm inputting something wrong? or is it just that taoren with legendary gem is just plain out better than the lfr weapons?

Thank you for any help with the matter.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did similar sims with Taoren and Voice of the Quilen before the upgrades and got pretty much the same results you got, don't remember the exact numbers but not a big difference. I kept Taoren bacause it took me so long to get it.

Deleted
    Similar problem here except that I got Taoren 496 last week and since the results seems pretty much the same, I kept Durumu upgraded to 510 cause for no difference or nearly I thought it wasnt worth it to pay 7000 gold for the legendary gem... what do you think...?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhealik View Post
    Similar problem here except that I got Taoren 496 last week and since the results seems pretty much the same, I kept Durumu upgraded to 510 cause for no difference or nearly I thought it wasnt worth it to pay 7000 gold for the legendary gem... what do you think...?
    I had the legendary gem so i kept the taoren, since the difference is so small and I dont have a lot of money I'd probably use the durumu if I have to buy the gem