10+ Year Old Account

Doing extremely poor damage on people in PVP.

Am I the only one who noticed that frost mage were actually hit harder by the nerfbat opposed to others? Pre-patch I was doing constant 60-70ks with the occasional 80-90ks with CDs up (without CD's about 50ks). Now I'm doing 30-40ks without CDs up and barely 50-60ks with my CDs up.

I know this is because of the patch with reduced PvP power etc. But other classes seem to be doing MORE damage. Warriors are critting me for 70ks, highest one has hit me was a 93k dragons roar. Hunters are still doing 100k powershots and their arcane shots are doing more damage (15k per shot).

Warlocks also seem to be doing stupid damage. Incinerates for 25ks, 50-60k conflagrates without CDs and 130k chaos bolts (with CDs ofc) ALL WHILE they have 560k hp, cast on the move and spam fear your to oblivion while chains casting chaos bolts on you which don't break the fear...

So I'm wondering. What's your experience with patch 5.3 on your mage? Mine so far are terrible on my frost mage. My damage is abysmal, same goes for my survivability...

As Fire I noiced a damage decrease overall, maybe 10%....but everyone elses damage on me was lower, and my Ice barrier absorb went up 15% or so.

Overall I was okay with it.

I didn't get Destro Locks hitting me anywhere near as hard as you are saying....I wonder if PvE gear or trinkets was at work to get those damage figures?

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing on my monk now aswell (MW) and getting hit for 100k chaos bolts. Seriously don't get why some classes are actually doing MORE or the same damage compared to 5.2 :/

Deleted
    PvP power may have been nerfed, but all PvP Resilience 4P sets now grant PvP power instead of resilience. it's 1000 PvP power, which partially offsets the change. in addition, PvE gear isn't scaled down as much due to gems.