New to PvP... help?

I'm grinding out my JP for heirlooms at the moment, and my next toon will be PvP focused (with instances here and there.)
    Now, I have a very baseline question.

I don't want the most "OP", and I don't want the "best". What I wanna know is, what's a good class for someone who isn't familiar with PvP? I'm a huge fan of healing, and I've done PvP heals a bit just before hitting 90, but I don't want that pressure at this point. I'll get enough of that in my PvE world.

So, as someone who plays healz main, what might a good DPS option be? I was thinking a lock/mage, but I'm worried about my viability.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Please give reasons, if you can.

If you could also suggest a good pair for the class, I'd appreciate it. My boyfriend and I play together, and he'll want to be right there with me in BGs. He's open to prettty much anything, but pally/shammy coupling are off the table, as that is our current set up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It comes down to how you define "fun"

If you're looking for a solid class with insane cooldowns and way better than average non-cd damage with SOME complexity, go feral. -you can reroll healing if you want to that way too.-
    If seeing big numbers and peels interest you, go WW monk.
    If you think smashing your face onto the keyboard is fun, go hunter.

I think your first decision should be whether you want to play a ranged or melee DPS class.

From there, Id say go with the class whose playstyle you find most enjoyable.

It can be fun sneaking around and backstabbing as a Rogue, it also can be fun throwing frost and/or fireballs at people.

With enough practice, you can and will be able to more than hold your own as almost any class or spec.

I am a diehard spellcaster myself, and have both a Mage and Lock I PvP on. The Lock is stronger, but for me the Mage has a more fun playstyle and gets most of my /played.

Go feral, easiest class to play if you are new to pvp. It has some complexity but you won't need to learn a lot to win games at lower ratings. You can play boomkin in bgs and have a lot of fun too.

Rogue gets boring really fast imo. Warlock are strong but destro is rather easy so could get boring too. Maybe try ench shammy, decent burst and lots of tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

all i can say is welcome to mists of pandaria, where PvP is at its most f***ed up status ever.
    even 1-shot pvp in lvl 60s was better than this !@#$.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't really allow "what class should I play" threads. The best you can do is just playing a class you like, experience will come by itself.
    Locking this.