Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Dark Portal before TBC

This thread goes nowhere, just like your character trying to use that 'portal'

Deleted
    I guess he is under heavy nostalgia problems so he wants to share with us some pointless pics of the past .

No offence.

I prefer LK pics though.

The good news is that if you walk backwards fast enough and for long enough you can reverse the worlds spin around the sun causing everyone to travel back in time to TBC so you can put those rose colored glasses back on.

I get the point of this pic.

It's the artist trying to highlight the decay of time and it's about the natural wildlife being forced to relocate from their homes.

but seriously I remember this right before Kazzak the Supreme came and crushed your skull in.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The good news is that if you walk backwards fast enough and for long enough you can reverse the worlds spin around the sun causing everyone to travel back in time to TBC so you can put those rose colored glasses back on.
    Seems like you have your own pair right now! Just kidding, but you made me smile.

Deleted
    lol

clicker

Look out, he has a phantom blade.

Also I remember Blasted Lands being 50+, with level 58ish ogres and obviously the 60-61 demon elites instead of 47-55. o.o

I still don't understand the stupendous topographical inconsistencies around the Dark Portal. It actually bothers me much more than the Icecrown inconsistencies for some reason.

I was actually just looking for images and youtube videos of this last week. I started playing during TBC and I was curious as to what the portal looked like before the expansion. Now the portal looks like an exquisite piece of art and I figured there would have been no reason to put so much detail into it before TBC came out.

Not sure what the point in the thread is but I do enjoy the old dark portal. The mystery of what was behind it, when would it open etc? Always assumed it would re-link us to outland especially after wc3 tft missions showed that outland was all that was left of draenor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was a bit smaller back then. But the proportions weren't "that" right to begin with.

In Warcraft 3 it looked something like this:

Other Versions here -> http://www.wowpedia.org/Dark_Portal

I like this portrayal the most: http://xe4ro.deviantart.com/art/The-...Book-266006587
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2013-05-23 at 04:19 PM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    The good old days

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    In Warcraft 3 it looked something like this:
    How the %&$&/ Mannoroth big ass fitted over that little portal is one of the misteries humans will never understand.

Dark magic...no doubt about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god.. the graphics... LOOK AWAY! But yeah I've always been fascinated by the Dark Portal. When I first started WoW in 2007 with my buddy, we planned out a "Great Journey" to get to the Dark Portal. Only one would ever make it through (me, he quit playing too early)

Edit: Your UI has my mind blown... what in the hell are all your spells doing on the side of the screen like that!?!?!
    Last edited by Duravian; 2013-05-23 at 04:12 PM.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

god i remember that sword. it was such a good money maker for blacksmiths because EVERY DAMN ROGUE USED IT FOR LEVELING AHHH

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Oh god.. the graphics... LOOK AWAY! But yeah I've always been fascinated by the Dark Portal. When I first started WoW in 2007 with my buddy, we planned out a "Great Journey" to get to the Dark Portal. Only one would ever make it through (me, he quit playing too early)

Edit: Your UI has my mind blown... what in the hell are all your spells doing on the side of the screen like that!?!?!
    Well i gues that screenshot is from 2005/2006 and back then there were very few addons. That left bar is the Blizzard Standart UI. I used this bar mostly for macros and other stuff
    Druid since Feb. 06

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the stupid comments here, The amount of threads i see where people share pictures/stories of things is quite high,
    I quite like this picture, i started playing in TBC so never saw the portal before that^^

Someone posts a picture, let's all automatically turn pretentious and berate him for no reason.

Wtf guys, seriously?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8