Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As a vanilla vet, I'm quite fond of the pre-bc Dark Portal and emerald dream portals and all the mystery that surrounded them, but honestly when I look at your picture, my only thought is "How in the world did he ever play that rogue?" My gosh man, those "keybinds" settings are quite strange.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    I Kinda' miss the Green World Dragons. :/ But lets see what lies ahead after MoP and after that and so on :P
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    As a vanilla vet, I'm quite fond of the pre-bc Dark Portal and emerald dream portals and all the mystery that surrounded them, but honestly when I look at your picture, my only thought is "How in the world did he ever play that rogue?" My gosh man, those "keybinds" settings are quite strange.
    But how is he going to make all those bandages he'd need if First Aid wasn't keybound?

Ahhhh, I forgot what it looked like in vanilla. I for one do like these throw back photo's every now and then. I'm under no illusions of "the game was better when..." I just enjoy the memory of a time long ago (like when i played wow before i got married and had time to actually play!)

Quote Originally Posted by greg098 View Post
    Am I the only one bothered by his bars?

He's got chicken, first aid, herbs, fishing, herbalism, and keys.

And he's not even stealthed.

What is going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

What is going on?
    What the hell... Lol, he has his class abilities on the sidebar just below the map xD... This might mean he his obviouly using keybinds, but i've never seen such a toolbar spell display before .

Nostalgia? Who else remembers skill points?

It's really pretty.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it weird that Blizzard made the portal "blue" in Vanilla, but it was depicted as "pink" in the Black Morass... did Blizzard go color blind?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    If they aren't still, I'm pretty sure in Vanilla the vast majority of players were clickers. As in even those abilities that are keybound are probably being clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    I find it weird that Blizzard made the portal "blue" in Vanilla, but it was depicted as "pink" in the Black Morass... did Blizzard go color blind?
    And green in tBC. IT'S A DISCO PORTAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I bet before TBC was announced, players would go near it and wonder what will happen with it. I best most thought it would just be a raid.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Someone posts a picture, let's all automatically turn pretentious and berate him for no reason.

Wtf guys, seriously?
    His thread amounted to a picture. No text, aside from the subject line.

Forums are for discussion and he made a thread without even attempting to start a discussion. That's why people are berating him.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Can someone please explain the vanilla login screen?

It's not looking out at blasted lands or hfp?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I still don't understand the stupendous topographical inconsistencies around the Dark Portal. It actually bothers me much more than the Icecrown inconsistencies for some reason.
    What 'topographical inconsistencies' do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    How the %&$&/ Mannoroth big ass fitted over that little portal is one of the misteries humans will never understand.

Dark magic...no doubt about it.
    Mannoroth has never travelled through the Dark Portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beev View Post
    Nostalgia? Who else remembers skill points?
    Skill points...?

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

What is going on?
    Most people in Vanilla clicked all of their abilities. Even 1-5.

Also this picture is great. The mystery of The Dark Portal was what made WoW, WoW. Now you're told what everything does and what's where. I feel like elite mobs need to be re-introduced to parts of some zones to give it a little bit of a myster feel again. Part of the reason I enjoy the Oondasta island.

Vanilla login screen for the poster who mentioned it:

Still hoping for 4 trinket slots like it was in EARLY alpha.

This is a forum , not an image board.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Most people in Vanilla clicked all of their abilities. Even 1-5.

Also this picture is great. The mystery of The Dark Portal was what made WoW, WoW. Now you're told what everything does and what's where. I feel like elite mobs need to be re-introduced to parts of some zones to give it a little bit of a myster feel again. Part of the reason I enjoy the Oondasta island.
    iirc, you could use keybinds in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    iirc, you could use keybinds in vanilla.
    People in classic seldom used keybinds, especially outside of the comfort of 1-6. The most was 12 and that was the full extent most people KNEW you could could do. Even before additional action bars and better keybinds, people still were clickers.

I had some keybinds back then, but I had also come from another MMO so I was used to having a few.