Just Got Meta: Need Stat Alloc Advice

The WoW Gods finally smiled on me (Weeks on end of getting 1 secret per ToT Clear) and I finally managed to grab my meta.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...authron/simple

Keep in mind I play Holy on most fights. (Disc on Jin'Rokh/Horridon, but I don't care to be optimized for those fights anymore)

My current stat value has been Int>Spi>Mast>Crit>Haste

With the Meta I suddenly find myself drowning in mana however. Was just wondering if any priests that have been using it a while found themseleves a solid stat allocation balance.

Hey hey!

I run a Holy Priest also. I have 14k unbuffed Spirit, Heroic Grasp, and the Meta gem and I can't really say I've been swimming in mana. It's been a lot better than it was last tier, but things can still get a little tight. We're on a 9 hour a week schedule so we're only 10/13 heroic (25 man), but this has been my strategy for secondary stats:

Spirit (absolutely as much as I can get. Hoping for around 15k unbuffed by the end of this tier). > Haste (JUST to the 3039 breakpoint. I completely ignored this breakpoint until I was around the 520-525 ilvl. At around that ilvl I was able to support heavy PoH/DI PoM usage. Having a little haste makes it easier to get those PoHs off for more DI procs. Faster global is nice too). > Mastery (the HOT may last a little too long, but this is still a very, very significant portion of my healing unless we're running too many healers for the encounter). > Crit (unrealiable and a lot is wasted to overheal. I hate Crit as Holy).

Once I get to around 15k Spirit and pick up the Heroic Lei Shen RPPM healing trinket I'm going to give the 4723 Haste breakpoint a go. I've given it a try a couple times at my current gear level (534 ilvl) and have found it to be pretty mediocre so far though.
    Last edited by fixall; 2013-05-31 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    Holy isn't exactly my favourite spec but personally I just want as much spirit as possible when I do play it, not really because I feel like I can't manage without it, I just feel like the other secondary stats are really weak as holy (especially compared to disc) and you have a lot more room to spend extra mana to put out more healing. If you really feel like you're drowning in mana I'd primarly try to switch to int gems over spirit gems and possibly adjust your playstyle a bit, with full int gems I really doubt you'll still feel like that, but if you do just reforge into more mastery (or another haste cap if that's your cup of tea).

Appreciate the feedback. We have a full time shaman who is geared solely for mana tide which probably contributes to my over mana issues. I hadn't throught about going for the first haste cap with my gear level so I think I'll try trading a little of my spirit to hit that and between the increased casting and decreased spirit maybe I'll get closer to a sweet spot.

As disc I struggle to drop below 90% >.< but with the DH revamp Holy is just so strong on almost every heroic.. 25 man perspective that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm switching alot between disc and holy, I'm at 12,8k spirit raidbuffed with two regain trinkets + Meta and I've stopped stacking spirit now. We do normal content and I don't really feel I need anymore, currently i'm going Int > Haste to 4721 > Mastery > Crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixall View Post
    Hey hey!

I run a Holy Priest also. I have 14k unbuffed Spirit, Heroic Grasp, and the Meta gem and I can't really say I've been swimming in mana. It's been a lot better than it was last tier, but things can still get a little tight. We're on a 9 hour a week schedule so we're only 10/13 heroic, but this has been my strategy for secondary stats:

Spirit (absolutely as much as I can get. Hoping for around 15k unbuffed by the end of this tier). > Haste (JUST to the 3039 breakpoint. I completely ignored this breakpoint until I was around the 520-525 ilvl. At around that ilvl I was able to support heavy PoH/DI PoM usage. Having a little haste makes it easier to get those PoHings off for more DI procs. Faster global is nice too). > Mastery (the HOT may last a too little long, but this is still a very, very significant portion of my healing unless we're running too many healers for the encounter). > Crit (unrealiable and a lot is wasted to overheal. I hate Crit as Holy).

Once I get to around 15k Spirit and pick up the Heroic Lei Shen RPPM healing trinket I'm going to give the 4723 Haste breakpoint a go. I've given it a try a couple times at my current gear level (534 ilvl) and have found it to be pretty mediocre so far though.
    It's refreshing to see a holy priest who really grasps how to play the spec. I applaud you.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15