Deleted

Why no cinematic for 5.3 yet?

I don't have to say anything, the title says it all.

Why do people like wasted content so much?

haven't there been like a hundred of these threads already? 5.1 didnt have a cinematic, only raid patches do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Why do people like wasted content so much?
    I appreciate a good trailer, I watched the Thunder King trailer multiple times, because I'm a sad twat I guess. Regardless I enjoy em.

Deleted
    Patches don't need to include raid to have cinematics, I want my cinematic!!

Quote Originally Posted by ProgRQ View Post
    Patches don't need to include raid to have cinematics, I want my cinematic!!
    You won't get one. You didn't get one for 2.2 or 5.1.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much only get them for new raids, cant wait for the 5.4 one, its sure to be epic!
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    pretty much only get them for new raids, cant wait for the 5.4 one, its sure to be epic!
    I really think SoO cinematic will be insanely mindblowing, but well time will tell =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    haven't there been like a hundred of these threads already? 5.1 didnt have a cinematic, only raid patches do.
    Not 100% true, 4.1 (?) had cinematics although admittedly that had 2 5 mans.

*Camera swoops over the Barrens*
    VO: "It is time to unite the Elements"
    *Camera focuses on player looting a mob*
    "Stone"
    *Camera focuses on a goblin running in fear*
    "Oil"
    *Camera focuses on a Caravan under attack*
    "Wood"
    *Camera shows players looting a downed caravan*
    "And Food"
    *Camera shows players fighting a Kor'kron Commander*
    "It's time for a rebellion to rise"
    *Camera shows Boots freeing Zen'Tabra*
    "And the Horde to break"
    *Splash Screen: 5.3 Escalation*
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    I appreciate a good trailer, I watched the Thunder King trailer multiple times, because I'm a sad twat I guess. Regardless I enjoy em.
    You appreciate it for four minutes and then only look at it years later when you feel like being a little nostalgic. I would rather have that time spent on improving the game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    I just wish you could watch the trailers from the login page.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    Not 100% true, 4.1 (?) had cinematics although admittedly that had 2 5 mans.
    That were formerly raids. Plus, they needed to explain why Vol'jin didn't join the rest of the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I just wish you could watch the trailers from the login page.
    Might happen in the future since they have the first steps of the ingame browser implemented now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    You appreciate it for four minutes and then only look at it years later when you feel like being a little nostalgic. I would rather have that time spent on improving the game experience.
    The team who makes trailers does not deprive you of content. It is a specific team for cinematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    The team who makes trailers does not deprive you of content. It is a specific team for cinematics.
    Given the usual patch trailer cinematics use in-game assets (and not rendered cinematics like the expansion ones), you can safely assuming it is potentially handled by the same team making the new environments, models, skins, etc. And they have probably been very busy, after finishing any art assets for 5.2 (which was a ton), and what work they had to for 5.3 (still had some work there, changing the Northern Barrens environment to the new battlefield it is now, plus the new arena, BGs, and scnearios), they are likely neck-deep in work for 5.4's development, with no real time to make a little cinematic for small amount of storytime.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been some other threads about this in which much the same information has already been discussed. The short answer is they don't usually do a trailer for a patch that doesn't contain a raid.

Here's a thread that was active yesterday.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...no-5-3-Trailer

Please post there if you wish to continue to discuss this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."