Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Invincible run for 100k gold?

Hello fellow gamers, I just lost the roll on the Invincible mount, followed by losing on the bidding on it afterwards due to my friend having slightly more gold than me atm. And I am now determed to hunt the mount down, week for week, run for run.
    Naturally, I am not very interested in losing the roll AGAIN, so my question is, would 100k gold do it? By that, I mean, when (if) the mount drops, instead of the winner getting the mount, he/she gets 100k gold, and the mount goes to me.
    So yeah, would 100k gold make any of YOU interested in concidering joining such a run, or do you think I have to raise the winnings to get the interest in people?
    I'm not really interested in spamming trade for 2 hours every week just to fill the slots, so what is your opinion, would 100k be enought to fill a raid in, lets say 15-45 min? :)
    All input is greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    So a one off payment of 100k, not per week? Hell no.

The mount goes for 1 mil on the BMAH within hours of it going up, minutes if you're on a big server.

The current drop rate is 1%? You're effectively paying the raid 1k for a LK kill. I wouldn't even bother flying to ICC to open trade for 1k. I'm not even sure if I'd be willing to solo HLK25 for 10k, which is the fair price if you're going by 1% of a million.

Short of soloing the fellow yourself, your best bet is to make a pact with a friend or two to kill the guy every week and share/roll the mount away, making sure whoever wins will still show up after to help out.

Yeah I can see that, personally I dont think I would, just because I dont need the gold, but do people think other, less wealthy players would join?

Deleted
    Yes, of course people would join and you only need 5-10 people.

Invincible is pretty damn rare, you could offer me 600k and I'd rather keep the shiny pony. Get some non douche friends and 6 man it weekly, not like it's hard 2 expansions later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpektra View Post
    Yeah I can see that, personally I dont think I would, just because I dont need the gold, but do people think other, less wealthy players would join?
    yeah I'd join why not... I'd get some transmog gear and have a chance at free 100k gold... I don't really give a shit about the mount coz Ithink it looks terrible and achievement is uselss and can be done without 1 mount np

sweet maybe its possible then, thanks a lot for replies people, it helps!

Sure, there's always the chance you'll find a handful of people who are poor because they can't do math and realize that they'd make at least twice as much expected money doing dailies in the 30 min it takes to gather/kill HLK25 than for a shot at your 100k

Deleted
    I do this but then with 150k. Lots of folks join

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    The mount goes for 1 mil on the BMAH within hours of it going up, minutes if you're on a big server.

The current drop rate is 1%? You're effectively paying the raid 1k for a LK kill. I wouldn't even bother flying to ICC to open trade for 1k. I'm not even sure if I'd be willing to solo HLK25 for 10k, which is the fair price if you're going by 1% of a million.

Short of soloing the fellow yourself, your best bet is to make a pact with a friend or two to kill the guy every week and share/roll the mount away, making sure whoever wins will still show up after to help out.
    Have an alt on a packed server because I wanted to see what it was like to play a full server again. (Like back in BC) This mount was on the BMAH the other day. It must have just went up because no one had bid yet. 10 minutes later I checked again for the fun of it and low and behold, it was at the max buyout price.

As people have said, if you have 5-10 people willing to do it every week, keep at it and it will drop eventually.

I would gladly take some gold just to run the raid and not take the mount if it drops, but only if I get paid still if it doesn't drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    ugly mount, rather have the 100k

People will join yep. Just go open raid and find people. People who got 1-10k only is pretty normal. that kinda people would join. Even i would join ^^ dont care about mount anyway, and gold is always needed :P the effort is not much. only thing i dont want is to run the run with people not at 90, and sharing the chance with afking people.

Deleted
    I'd join to help if I wasn't up to anything/was bored and saw it in trade. (and i haz golds)

We do Thursday Xmog/Legendary runs, one of these runs is ICC 25 heroic. Generally we have 10-15 people. We've seen 2 Invincibles in May alone(we have been doing the xmog runs for 3 months now.) Try finding a set group of people to run with each week like we do and it will help increase your chances at seeing it. And save you some money in the process. :P
    I would take the 100k, but 2 of the pallys we run with would push that number to AT LEAST 300k. One one which is a bigger mount whore than myself.

Level a death knight

Get DPS gear

Solo Heroic LK.

Do the work, or go home.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

I bought invincible off the BMAH on my old server about 5 months ago for gold cap and then I quit 3 months ago and sold my account lol ;p

Deleted
    from what i've seen, it's mostly 250-350k. friend of mine actually won 300k in cata like that. so imo it's low but i'm sure you can find enough people for it

Only if you offered something if the mount doesn't drop, I'd say. I can't imagine many people would want to spend an hour or so of their time killing bosses in ICC just for the mount to not drop and them not to have a chance to make any money.

However, I also don't think 100k gold is enough. Gold is so insanely easy to make now, I'd say the mount is worth far more than that.