[Resto] Legendary metagem concern

Talked to my guild yesterday and they are going to be crafting me the 522 spirit helm so I can finally use my meta gem. I was looking over the benefits of the courageous gem and it doesn't really look all that appealing. Yes the extra int is nice but the chance at an extra clearcasting doesn't seem that great seeing as I haven't had any mana issues(with proper CD management). Now my guild is not pushing 11/12 heroic mode.. we're just on Dark Animus normal, but I'm always trying to play my druid to the best of my ability(and beat my friend on healing meters.) Is the legendary meta clearly the best choice and if so, how much mana is it saving you guys? I was already thinking about dumping some spirit into mastery because the mana return from the upgraded horridon trinket is huge.

oh and my armory should be in my signature.

Deleted
    For me, it's very much worth it. You can easily get off 3 rejuvs during the proc, or 2 rejuvs and a WG, which is more than 20k mana (I think...). A quick look in the logs from my raid tonight, it had around 10% uptime, give or take a few percent.

Just as a general advice too, imo you should really drop some spirit in favor of mastery, 12k spirit is way over the top for normal modes, especially with two regen trinkets. I have 10,8k spirit currently, and I feel it's a bit too much, even in heroics.

Thanks for the tip. Once I get that meta gem in I'm definitely going to get some more mastery. And I have a little more spirit than normal because I'm at a higher haste breakpoint and using soul of the forest so I tend to throw out a lot more rejuvs.

If you're not having mana issues, you're not playing to your full potential.

Deleted
    This gem is utterly amazing.
    i have sometimes if it procs on a time id usually be blanketting save anywhere upto 50k mana per proc.......... the fact we dont crit THAT much means the 3% bonus from the 432 spirit gem is practically useless, and noway does the miniscule amount of spirit add up to the insane amount of mana saved.

And if you dont have mana issues on fights like magaera, you really arent healing properly! More rejuvs = more hps = more epeen in WoL.... if you end a fight on full mana, you need to be dropping a healer, or trying higher difficulties :d

edit: why does everyone have horridon trinket! curse you all!!!!!!!!!! all 3 healers have been bonus rolling that boss every week since launch, and with heroic kills, and it has yet to drop!!! you are all too damned lucky! ;P
    Last edited by mmoc04a262c40c; 2013-05-24 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    There is a small addon which tells you how much mana you saved and the MP5 after combat (I usually sit at +2k mp5 from the meta gem):
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/lmgeffective

if you got the Weak Aura addon it is pretty simple to make it clear when it procs.
    WA string you can import:

Code:
    dyJMbaGEKq7sKSnbMPiL5IKmBsUjIW3KKDIQ2lSBk2pIOFIe8xu43egkIudgrXWPKJHW5qrlusTuevTyKILRK hIk9uvltqpNQUnkzQcnzPmDfxeP0RrQ8mr56KQnIu1JvQnlQ2oIstJuoTu9zk13rIomvUKivJgrLXJi5Ks4wi PUgQ48OuJtIUmrdtedceXDiIb3JtKslvvkM4SWB4neXZfM5DkkbFOgER7Tuo2FCB684PBHVfkXcrWRb6ld0cy sqeewsOvwLfGCQ5OHbxjCneXxcLerCw6QPJigm46EjJTGfnUb1yWxs7UWezBjX7BHbFwDBB5crCVLuPkA4ezv HAv4cknuWOyJACDVKH3sQufnuJNRRu(TZGAm4o9raAW7n80K2stJKKHlxCJoR4QBBlxEWtG36ElLJDXwyWlmJ CL72sQk2cJNQBjvkgNCUMGsgKWzC16ldUFCB68Kw0ndoxA5J0sE8rsQHRqjwicEcWNa(mqpNSGsMmRctcldds sYqo1C4GbdozbpHwscgaa
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-05-24 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Added code tags.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please make sure to put weakaura strings in CODE tags.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    meta gem is amazing and defo worth it.. saves a lot of mana

if your only running normal modes, as mentioned above u dont need that much spirit... once u get the meta u can probably dump more spirit into mastery

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dackzor View Post
    There is a small addon which tells you how much mana you saved and the MP5 after combat (I usually sit at +2k mp5 from the meta gem):
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/lmgeffective

if you got the Weak Aura addon it is pretty simple to make it clear when it procs.
    WA string you can import:

Code:
    dyJMbaGEKq7sKSnbMPiL5IKmBsUjIW3KKDIQ2lSBk2pIOFIe8xu43egkIudgrXWPKJHW5qrlusTuevTyKILRK hIk9uvltqpNQUnkzQcnzPmDfxeP0RrQ8mr56KQnIu1JvQnlQ2oIstJuoTu9zk13rIomvUKivJgrLXJi5Ks4wi PUgQ48OuJtIUmrdtedceXDiIb3JtKslvvkM4SWB4neXZfM5DkkbFOgER7Tuo2FCB684PBHVfkXcrWRb6ld0cy sqeewsOvwLfGCQ5OHbxjCneXxcLerCw6QPJigm46EjJTGfnUb1yWxs7UWezBjX7BHbFwDBB5crCVLuPkA4ezv HAv4cknuWOyJACDVKH3sQufnuJNRRu(TZGAm4o9raAW7n80K2stJKKHlxCJoR4QBBlxEWtG36ElLJDXwyWlmJ CL72sQk2cJNQBjvkgNCUMGsgKWzC16ldUFCB68Kw0ndoxA5J0sE8rsQHRqjwicEcWNa(mqpNSGsMmRctcldds sYqo1C4GbdozbpHwscgaa
    Bad addon, unless you're not modifying your behavior at all while the proc is up this addon is inaccurate. If you're not having mana troubles, drop spirit like many mistweavers are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Bad addon, unless you're not modifying your behavior at all while the proc is up this addon is inaccurate. If you're not having mana troubles, drop spirit like many mistweavers are doing.
    It does what it says on the tin. Tells you how much mana you "spent" while the proc is up. Then at the end of the fight calculates the equivalent amount of mp5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    It does what it says on the tin. Tells you how much mana you "spent" while the proc is up. Then at the end of the fight calculates the equivalent amount of mp5.
    It says it tells you how much mana you saved from the proc, that and telling you the mana cost of the spells you cast during the proc are two totally different things. The real mana you save is the cost of the spells you would have otherwise cast had the proc not happened, which is obviously impossible to calculate.

Deleted
    I agree, the addon isnt exactly that usefull (I use it more as a novelty), but OP was concerned if the LMG was worth it over other gems. That is one way to tell.

Now, ofc the readouts from the addon can be 'inflated' if you spam possibly wasted rejuvs while the gem procs...

Considering you have 2 mana regen trinkets the int on the gem alone is wort to increase your healing output. I would also get rid of 320 spirit gems and put in +int/+mastery or +spi/+mastery gems if you want to match the blue socket, for normals you should be very good on mana with around 10k spirit + the legendary gem + your trinkets + innervate, dependin on your play style, could o even lower than 10k in favor of a lot more mastery.

I myself have a WA progress bar to see when it procs and shove in as many rejuvs as i can, even if it will be overhealing at the moment they are applied. If there is absolutely NO damage to be expected while the free rejuvs will be active i plant my shrooms right away and either pop them as soon as some damage goes out or fill them up with a few more rejuvs, which makes for a cheap and very potent aoe heal.