Deleted

how about changing the PvP gear acquisition style?

Let's give instanced PvP the LFR loot style:

1) you got a 20% chance at the end of each normal BG to win a random Honor PvP item, and a 5% chance to win a conquest point item if you're eligible for the item.
    2) the item is randomly determined based on your class and spec, and you can get the same item multiple times.
    3) winning a BG increases the chance by 150% (50% honor, 12.5% conquest).
    4) Rated BG's will have a 20% chance on a conquest item and a 5% additional chance on a special cosmetic item, like a replica classic PvP set item recolor. this is also affected by the 150% win buff.
    5) arena has a proportionally smaller chance to give you an item, based on a predefined ratio for average completion times. if the average arena match lasts 6 minutes with queue and the average RBG lasts 24 with queue, the chance is divived by 4, because you can do 4 arena matches in the time it takes to do 1 RBG.
    6) you can choose to spend up to 750 honor per week on 250 honor tokens which give you a chance at a token.
    7) if you don't get a reward, you instead get a consolation bag which contains a small amount of gold (to cover repair costs, since I understand this could sometimes prove fickle), a medium to high chance at 25 honor points, a small chance at 15 conquest points and a 1% chance at vanity rewards that are only acquired through PvP (like a pet, a PvP mount or a PvP heirloom).

thoughts? ideas? comments? feel free to rip on this. I know i'm not really fixing something that needs fixing, but PvP gear is so predictable to acquire that it would seem interesting to me to add a small bit of randomness into the mix, something to spice up the monotomy of just grinding out your conquest cap for the week and being done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    Let's give instanced PvP the LFR loot style:

1) you got a 20% chance at the end of each normal BG to win a random Honor PvP item, and a 5% chance to win a conquest point item if you're eligible for the item.
    2) the item is randomly determined based on your class and spec, and you can get the same item multiple times.
    3) winning a BG increases the chance by 150% (50% honor, 12.5% conquest).
    4) Rated BG's will have a 20% chance on a conquest item and a 5% additional chance on a special cosmetic item, like a replica classic PvP set item recolor. this is also affected by the 150% win buff.
    5) arena has a proportionally smaller chance to give you an item, based on a predefined ratio for average completion times. if the average arena match lasts 6 minutes with queue and the average RBG lasts 24 with queue, the chance is divived by 4, because you can do 4 arena matches in the time it takes to do 1 RBG.
    6) you can choose to spend up to 750 honor per week on 250 honor tokens which give you a chance at a token.
    7) if you don't get a reward, you instead get a consolation bag which contains a small amount of gold (to cover repair costs, since I understand this could sometimes prove fickle), a medium to high chance at 25 honor points, a small chance at 15 conquest points and a 1% chance at vanity rewards that are only acquired through PvP (like a pet, a PvP mount or a PvP heirloom).

thoughts? ideas? comments? feel free to rip on this. I know i'm not really fixing something that needs fixing, but PvP gear is so predictable to acquire that it would seem interesting to me to add a small bit of randomness into the mix, something to spice up the monotomy of just grinding out your conquest cap for the week and being done with it.
    I kind of like these ideas. If not this, I'd also like a system similiar to modern FPS's like CoD or the new BFs, where you just earn stuff/perks/buffs to your items/gear as you play, and a bit of a focus on side grades, rather than just becoming overpowered.

No lockout system in place, you could be full geared in a day if you did enough RBGs, you can't do that w/ LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    No lockout system in place, you could be full geared in a day if you did enough RBGs, you can't do that w/ LFR.
    The same thing happens today as well. If not, it is even easier to acquire gear today because in 2 days time you can be full honor gear. The system above brings the factor of luck in the game, which is fine as long as you include a measure to ensure that one will get his gear eventually.

For example you could say that each bg you don't get any item adds +10% chance to win something on the next bg. This bonus won't be multiplied by luck, so you will end up with an item around your 5th game if you are extremely unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    around 90 bgs to get full honor geared, in my experience. This includes wins and losses and a few Tol Barads. 90 games at 10 minutes per game=900 minutes/60 = 15 hrs.

that's not reasonable for most people to do in one day, though it is possible.

I wouldn't mind something to speed up the process, maybe something similar to the valor bonus after your first toon is capped, but, in reality, we don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    around 90 bgs to get full honor geared, in my experience. This includes wins and losses and a few Tol Barads. 90 games at 10 minutes per game=900 minutes/60 = 15 hrs.

that's not reasonable for most people to do in one day, though it is possible.

I wouldn't mind something to speed up the process, maybe something similar to the valor bonus after your first toon is capped, but, in reality, we don't need it.
    your calculation is complety off. 10m a game? with till av/iotc turn into a reinforcements battle.
    and you go from bg to bg. but there always a few min between be done with the bg and queue up for a new one. then wait in the queue for a few min. and then wait another 2min before it starts. but still it ain't much. and they want cp gear mainly from arena/rated bg. so i don't think someting like this will make it.

I'd like a system like this, but it can't have a chance to give Conquest level gear if it's from regular BGs, and you'd have to put in something similar (though with reduced % chance) in arenas as well for the Conquest gear, otherwise it just makes RBGs even more required than they already are at high levels of play.

At the end of the day though, this will never work. At top tier ratings this would force people to do RBGs for hours the first couple days of the season to get fully geared as fast as possible, then they'd no longer need gear the rest of the season.

I like the idea for Honor gear, because grinding honor is a massive chore 99% of the time. But it wouldn't work at all for Conquest level gear, even if you could only get it from RBGs/Arenas, it still wouldn't work well. For honor gear though it's not a bad idea at all.

Deleted
    What I forgot to mention was that the existing purchasable loot was still available. and you can put in a limit on how many conquest items you can earn per week this way, to prevent situations like Rucati describes. you also could win the same item 2 or more times, even if you don't need it.

Blizzard already said as much that they think the system for acquiring gear in PvP could use some work because it's too predictable. everyone goes helmet-chest-legs first, then the other 5 slots, then jewelry. if they reach a weapon in between, they take that as well.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like the current way we acquire PVP Gear, loot rolls in LFR annoy me often, and I have more incentive to win for Honor. The current way is somewhat equal besides people who push Ratings for the acquisition of Conquest Gear, meaning everyone who Caps for points gears up at a similar speed. I think I would prefer something along the lines of Crafted Gear, Mats or Gold. A reward from Random BGs would be nice, but I don't think throwing out Honor and particularly Conquest Gear would help anything. Why Crafted Gear? Many people run into BGs with 300k HP, pretty much just after hitting 90, and giving entry level Gear, Money to buy Gear or even Materials to create said gear would be nice. Then again honestly I think that at the moment Contenders, Crafted and most of Malevolent is useless in comparison to 496 PVE Gear, but it is still something that helps I guess.

Another option I would like to see is more conquest for BG Wins, possibly 150 for the first win and 100 afterwards. Give people a hint of the carrot and hopefully they should chase it, because 100 for first win and 50 afterwards isn't much incentive for someone running lots of BGs :P
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

All this hullabaloo over pve gear vs. pvp and all reminds me how this wasn't a problem in Cata when you could simply convert VP to CP. This paid off immensely in DS because it allowed me to keep my pvp gear caught up reasonably well. Wasn't as fast as running RBGs, but I wasn't so far behind I was totally helpless.

Wouldn't work very well now, because VP is limited to 1k a week (it was 1750 or something during DS, I forget exact number but it was over 1k) and now VP is used to upgrade current pve gear. IIRC you could only convert 1k VP to CP a week.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    your calculation is complety off. 10m a game? with till av/iotc turn into a reinforcements battle.
    and you go from bg to bg. but there always a few min between be done with the bg and queue up for a new one. then wait in the queue for a few min. and then wait another 2min before it starts. but still it ain't much. and they want cp gear mainly from arena/rated bg. so i don't think someting like this will make it.
    Oh, yeah, I was being generous. There are some that go faster, many that go slower. AV and Iotc are longer but they give substantially more honor per win.