Thread: very impressed

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

very impressed

The new pvp changes to 5.3 make the game feel very balanced to me. Thank you blizzard!

Lol, another one person who likes the changes in a sea of negativity. I am in the boat where i like them. I wouldn't say it's "balanced" but pvp never will be. But i like the changes, and think they are fun. I haven't done just a whole lot so far, couple duels, about 6RBG's and 5 or so randoms.

I agree with you op. 5.3 is pretty good. While the game still does not feel totally balanced, its nice that the majority of burst has been toned down, minus a few classes who i will not mention to avoid a conflict.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lookatmypet View Post
    I agree with you op. 5.3 is pretty good. While the game still does not feel totally balanced, its nice that the majority of burst has been toned down, minus a few classes who i will not mention to avoid a conflict.

i love your hunters name!

OT: i like it so far, playing my rogue in pvp, seems more balanced, a few classes, notably DKs still blowing me up in 3seconds, but overall not too bad. people in PVE gear have not given me too much problems, they have been more of a challenge than before where i could just nuke them in a stunlock, but it hasn't felt like they are better in PVE gear than me in PVP.
    dragonmaw - EU

I think on the whole they are fine for random bgs and stuff. The biggest issue I have is that on my pvp toon (doesn't raid cos I can't commit to full time raiding on a second toon) now feels a lot weaker than before. The time spent gearing full tyrannical seems wasted. The pve scaling to 496 in controlled pvp is fine in theory, now blizzard just need to make my 496 pvp gear scale to 522 pve levels when I enter ToT and ill be happy. That way I may get my hands on some of the bis pvp gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    one thing i have to complain about, i wish they would refend the gold i spent on gems :> my server is expensive, spent a lot of gold on resi/power gems that are now pretty useless
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Not like this was an issue... this just ruined any RPG elements within PvP. I don't play anymore so I don't care, but any chance of me coming back is now gone.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

If they increase base resilience to %70 its all great.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Not like this was an issue... this just ruined any RPG elements within PvP. I don't play anymore so I don't care, but any chance of me coming back is now gone.

you don't need to make childish excuses for not enjoying the game. Just so you know there was an issue with people not getting into pvp because it was a lot of work for people who just want to pvp for fun ; and pvp has never been about RPG elements as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2013-05-23 at 11:52 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    So far so good in Wpvp I've encountered, no more 2 seconds to blown up, even when caught in pve gear. Now it's going to separate the pretenders from the contenders, if you have gear b/c you got carried, the jig's up, and when a lesser geared player, who's good comes along, kiss your ass goodbye. That's how it SHOULD work anyways. And it does now.
    The sea of negativity is just wave upon wave of skilless whiners doing what they do best, very little except whine.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i love your hunters name!
    Why thank you!

I think on the whole they are fine for random bgs and stuff. The biggest issue I have is that on my pvp toon (doesn't raid cos I can't commit to full time raiding on a second toon) now feels a lot weaker than before. The time spent gearing full tyrannical seems wasted. The pve scaling to 496 in controlled pvp is fine in theory, now blizzard just need to make my 496 pvp gear scale to 522 pve levels when I enter ToT and ill be happy. That way I may get my hands on some of the bis pvp gear.
    I understand your gripe, believe me.
    The time you spent gearing is not wasted, the PvP power does make a difference.
    Try to think about it this way.
    LFR is the Equivalent of a Random BG, No coordination usually happens. Rewards Honor and a Small amount of Conquest points The gear is not too far off in terms of iLvl.
    Normal Raid/Heroic Raid is the Equivalent of a RBG, Awards a good chunk of Conquest points. Coordination is a must to suceed.
    I have yet to play a PVE geared player in BG/Arena/RBG that has beaten me just becasue of the PVE gear. Are they a little bit more challenging to kill? Sure.
    I do not pvp on my hunter anymore, i play a WW monk.
    Last edited by lookatmypet; 2013-05-24 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Clarity

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

If you do not play, then how can you judge the changes for yourself.
    This just another kneejerk reaction with no consideration for why those changes happened, from someone who's epeen would be dented by having to work for kills vs opponents who are unfairly landed with a better geared opponent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post

you don't need to make childish excuses for not enjoying the game. Just so you know there was an issue with people not getting into pvp because it was a lot of work for people who just want to pvp for fun ; and pvp has never been about RPG elements as far as I'm concerned.
    No, the issue with people not liking PvP was because they sucked and still do... but now they live 10 seconds longer and maybe get one killing blow per death instead of being raped non stop. Aside from that... this change didn't benefit anyone who was a hardcore PvPer... not to mention this wasn't even an issue the PvP community was worried about... they just wanted proper class balancing. Since blizzard has no idea what they're doing anymore when it comes to PvP... they decided to focus on the casual PvPers or people who rarely PvP... that's why the change was made so resil is a base stat.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

No, the issue with people not liking PvP was because they sucked and still do... but now they live 10 seconds longer and maybe get one killing blow per death instead of being raped non stop. Aside from that... this change didn't benefit anyone who was a hardcore PvPer... not to mention this wasn't even an issue the PvP community was worried about... they just wanted proper class balancing. Since blizzard has no idea what they're doing anymore when it comes to PvP... they decided to focus on the casual PvPers or people who rarely PvP... that's why the change was made so resil is a base stat.
    Gearing was never about being a good PVPer for any of the top arena players. Or even for good RBG teams.

Back in wotlk gear wasn't as important as it was in cata if you wanted to get into pvp ; but pvp gear was essential if you wanted to compete at higher levels. Pvp was more welcoming to newcomers and now they are going back to the wotlk model.

true comment at the beggining but the end..ehh I dunno... i agree this change didnt really affect the "hardcore" pvpers. But, at the same time. i'm not stuck with 1 or 2 MAIN pvp guys anymore cuz the grind was no bueno. Now I can adventure out and gear an alt up quickly that I have wanted to try out. But i see you're point in that it was the people who weren't great at pvp (I'm no pvp hero lol) doing the majority of complaining....and they still are claiming "waa the guy in pve killed me and I'm in full tyr"...well then...you just got outskilled lol. But yeah, all in all, i am enjoying the patch just for alt reasons...blanace hasn't really been touched in terms of class balance.

Balanced I can't say, but I managed to get the 3000/3000 valor needed for the legendary quest line last night and had to do the two new battlegrounds on my priest to carry on, my healing priest had full pve gear during these battlegrounds bar my off hand that I switched for a 476 pvp item, I could not die, that was with a dk, priest, mage and paladin trying to kill me at the same time, that would not have happened in 5.2...... I leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by lookatmypet View Post
    I understand your gripe, believe me.
    The time you spent gearing is not wasted, the PvP power does make a difference.
    Try to think about it this way.
    LFR is the Equivalent of a Random BG, No coordination usually happens. Rewards Honor and a Small amount of Conquest points The gear is not too far off in terms of iLvl.
    Normal Raid/Heroic Raid is the Equivalent of a RBG, Awards a good chunk of Conquest points. Coordination is a must to suceed.
    I have yet to play a PVE geared player in BG/Arena/RBG that has beaten me just becasue of the PVE gear. Are they a little bit more challenging to kill? Sure.
    I do not pvp on my hunter anymore, i play a WW monk.
    It will probably vary depending on class/spec as to what gear works out best, but I think the change has blurred the lines between pve and pvp gear a lot more. Bottom line it's still all about gear.

World PvP is another thing entirely, without scaling back I'm far safer in my full t15 raid gear with half of it fully valor upgraded than I am in my full tyrannical set. I guess on my main I'm fortunate enough to be able to swap between the two, but I don't have time to gear up alts to that level. Although at this stage in the game world pvp is really only ganking someone you know has little chance of winning 9/10 times anyway so may not be a big deal.

For 'controlled/instanced' pvp I think for most classes a mix of pvp and 502+ pve gear (that scales down to 496) will be the best option in a lot of cases. The change may seem to have leveled out the playing field a little for now but in a few months time I don't see pvp being any better off. It will still be largely about gear, just that if you're serious about pvp you may find it necessary to jump in to raids as well.

Anyway, I can only imagine the QQ we'd see on forums if Blizz implemented a change so that 496 pvp gear scaled to 522 pve gear upon entering a pve instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    +5% as a 4pc bonus to pvp GEAR, and it will be all great.

Deleted
    i never whine never but this patch kill pvp ;/ immortal healers in bg in arena like in cata ;/ fu blizz

Deleted
    I was trying to judge it in a Temple bg last night, despite me announcing over and over again in /bg FOCUS HEALERS, still none of them were dying so I was starting to think they'd fucked up big style. Then I realised every Alliance player ever was roleplaying Rambo and attacking random targets thinking they were actually helping us win.

So yeah, when it was a fair 1v1 fight everything seemed fairly incheck, I'm all for what they've done, it's working out fine.

Suggestions for 5.4 pvp: Teach Alliance how to tactics.
    Last edited by mmoc1252a3496d; 2013-05-24 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    Now I can adventure out and gear an alt up quickly that I have wanted to try out.
    How is the PvE route quicker? Please compare it yourself:

Old
    - 1 week for full 476 PvP gear and the first 493 item.
    - Then 12 weeks for full 493 gear. Or less if you got carried in RBG.

New
    - Don´t know how long it takes to get 496+ PvE for all slots. *
    - Then 12 weeks for full 493 gear. Or less if you get carried in RBG.

What else could they have done?
    a) One gear for PvP and PvE. With an ilvl corresponding to the current tier and multipliers for PvE/PvP stats.
    b) Award CP and VP for rated PvP and "higher" PvE. Remove the 5k CP cap. This way a PvEer could wake up one fine day, think "uhh, PvP would be awesome!", take his 27k CP, buy a full Tyr set and be competetive with the best geared PvPers on the first day of his life as a PvPer. Too bad he still has no clue what to do in Katmogu, but *ehh* at least he can trash those who earned their gear via the PvP route.

______
    * You don´t like PvE? Deal with it. ^^