Healer battle rez changes?

In our raid this week, battle rezed healers were coming back with 60 to 80% mana instead of 20%. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a bug or a change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be a bug, couldn't find anything on it, no glyphs, no spec... i guess report it to blizz
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Had that happen when I used a BR on our resto druid today... She popped back up with virtually full mana, I just assumed I was magical and awesome and went back to smashing ji'kun in the face.

Observed the same thing. Also noted that when you spec change you lose your mana again now.

Deleted
    Every CR on me last night was 100% mana. awesome change

Can confirm that I got ressed with large amounts of mana - not quite full, but I would guess 80%+

Quote Originally Posted by Eielayia View Post
    In our raid this week, battle rezed healers were coming back with 60 to 80% mana instead of 20%. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a bug or a change?
    I was as a paladin, the shaman wasn't it seems. Bug also most likely (for instance when I change spec from ret to holy, I now have 0% mana instead of 80% pre-patch, so I think something got screwed up with how Holy Insight works).

Sounds like someone was messing with the code, and got it inverted. Rather then starting with 20%, you start with 20% missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Sounds like someone was messing with the code, and got it inverted. Rather then starting with 20%, you start with 20% missing.
    Right, and the messing around had to do with hybrids and spec changes and all of that (remember how they had a tooltip change)?

Either way as enjoyable as it was not getting dumped on after being combat rezzed this week, the bug itself is pretty serious and should be reported; I just can't be bothered posting on Blizz forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Must be a bug, couldn't find anything on it, no glyphs, no spec... i guess report it to blizz
    no, dont report it to blizz. i died earlier on my priest & got rezed with full mana. wonderful

BRez = new innervate. Working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm oom. Healer go die and I'll brez you *dies and gets rezed* ok I'm good on mana.
    I noticed that last night. Not complaining

I think when you get brez'd you come back with the same amount of mana you had when you died.

I don't think this is intended.

I was brezzed night (holy priest) and came up with an inappropriately large amount of mana. I think it was full.

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    I think when you get brez'd you come back with the same amount of mana you had when you died.

I don't think this is intended.
    Well if that's the case I think that's a really positive change to be honest, as it is now some classes and specs suffer much more from dying and being combatressed than others, and it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. It's not a big deal if a DK loses all his RP on dying, it is however a big deal if you lose all your mana as certain mana-based dps or healer and have no cooldown to fix that short term.

Obviously, if you always get ressed with 80% mana no matter what the state of your mana was pre-death, that'd be a bit broken (new innervate, as someone said).

I also noticed that you lose mana again when you change spec. I don't get it at all. What's the point? What did this accomplish? Now changing specs take 10s more, so what? It just makes it annoying, but it doesn't contribute to anything, nor does it prevent anything. Plus, it only affects mana users. To what end? Why?

That's one thing I can really be annoyed with in this game, the consistent conservatism in changes. Stuff that needs changing either doesn't, or way too late, especially when it comes to quality-of-life changes. Mana after a respec is such a thing (other notorious things include (but are not limited to) 60% flight speed, soulshards, aoe buffs, spell reagents.....).
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-05-25 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I was as a paladin, the shaman wasn't it seems. Bug also most likely (for instance when I change spec from ret to holy, I now have 0% mana instead of 80% pre-patch, so I think something got screwed up with how Holy Insight works).
    Welcome to life as a Priest! We're Hybrids, too, but when we swap between specs, we have always lost all of our mana. Mistweavers also suffer from this. For some reason only Druids, Shaman, and Paladins were retaining 80% mana upon specs swap.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Welcome to life as a Priest! We're Hybrids, too, but when we swap between specs, we have always lost all of our mana. Mistweavers also suffer from this. For some reason only Druids, Shaman, and Paladins were retaining 80% mana upon specs swap.
    Yeah, any class with 60k base mana used to get 80% for free, I guess not anymore.

Either way it sounds like the combat rez actually does rez you at your mana when you died (and not just 80%/20%). Which is a good chance IMO, it doesn't place an undue burden on dying for healers, but at the same time, makes it so abusing combat rez for an innervate just doesn't work (i.e. there is no good to come out of dying, only bad).