Page 1 of 2
LastLast

lady vashj solo (for battle pet)

has anyone done this? i sat there killing water elementals for 5 minutes straight and not a single core, i can't imagine this is working as intended, has something changed am i doing something wrong? just want to kill her stupid immune to damage bosses ugh.

I did it today on my Warlock and DK, easy stuff. Tainted Eles spawned occasionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to kill the tainted elementals(green ones) to get the cores. They spawn like every 50 seconds or so after the current one is killed. They sit around the edge and fire long range shots(like little green shots) so you can tell if one is up. If you were killing them and they weren't dropping, then I'm guessing the fight bugged or something :\

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is super annoying, but solo able as a hunter. I did it last night. ended up with the boss getting +990% increase to damage, which funny enough did not make any difference.
    fun fact I got the pet as well. so that is one from that instance, II got the Alar one and thats all that dropped for me

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    has anyone done this? i sat there killing water elementals for 5 minutes straight and not a single core, i can't imagine this is working as intended, has something changed am i doing something wrong? just want to kill her stupid immune to damage bosses ugh.
    Did this last night. If you have DBM you'll know when they spawn. It'll say Next Elemental (#) X. When it says soon start looking around and you'll see a green poison bolt flying through the air. Dash over to it and kill it for the Tainted Core (these are the only ones that drop it, the other ele's just make it so Vash doesn't gain a damage stack). Then click on one of the four pillars (do note that you can only carry one taint at a time).

The timer is roughly 45 seconds for one to spawn. Main thing is just to kill the Naga/Strider when they spawn, but always prioritize the Tainted.

Quote Originally Posted by RecliningPanda View Post
    fun fact I got the pet as well. so that is one from that instance, II got the Alar one and thats all that dropped for me

Lucky. I did them all yesterday and only got the Water Elemental one. Gonna go through and do it on my alts later this week and see if I get lucky. Prior to patch in the instances I was getting all 3 in one week, then following week nothing and repeat (when I actually did do them). Only ones I had no luck in was AQ40 and managed to finally get one of each (except for Mind one from first boss, got a couple of those).

Did get the Big Bad Wolf event in Kara, but no luck with drop.

Easy fight to solo just watch for the tainted elementals on dbm kill them deactivate the pylons. Also if you have some sort of aoe ground effect you can put it on Lady Vashj and the elementals that give her stacks should mostly die before they get to her lessening the damage you'll take.

OP: Tainted Elementals spawn at the bottom of the stairs and do not move until they despawn. You are killing the wrong ones.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

ahhh ok i need the poison shooting ones, thx, should go breeze it now.

um vashj dosnt drop a pet.

heres a list of the new pets and who drops them

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/new/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbear View Post

You mean the second pet down, which drops from lady vashj?

False. She drops Coilfang Stalker.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Supereasy for me, Furywarrior. Just focus on destroying the tainted adds. If you happen to have no timers, just watch out for green slime balls being thrown at you. The only mobs throwing them are tainted elementals, thus, if you get hit by them, seek in the direction they come from. If you have deactivated a pillar, focus on decimating the bigger adds (Stalkers and Naga) and then lowering the number of water elementals getting through until the next slime ball is thrown at you. Don´t worry if Vashj´s buff stacks to ~ 70+, I had her grown through the ceiling actually when I killed her...

Is it possible to move with this looted thing? I remember when we killed it you couldn't move and had to pass it to a player on top of the stairs.

Coilfang Stalker — [Dripping Strider Egg]
    Drop: Lady Vashj [??+]
    Zone: Serpentshrine Cavern
    Approximate Drop Rate: unknown

Copy/Paste from the very link you posted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Is it possible to move with this looted thing? I remember when we killed it you couldn't move and had to pass it to a player on top of the stairs.
    Yeah you can now, they changed it some time ago.

The most difficult part is getting to the elements fast enough, I managed to miss 4 when I just needed 1.

Also you might as well ignore the normal elements, the boss doesn't really hit that hard even if she has 99k stacks. I think my void (with soul link) was getting hit for 9k tops which would have been allot back then but now....

Easy Do-able, Did it on my hunter last night

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They changed the fight? If i remember correctly, you wasn't able to move with the item, how can you disable the pylon by yourself? You had to be in melee range
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    They changed the fight? If i remember correctly, you wasn't able to move with the item, how can you disable the pylon by yourself? You had to be in melee range
    You can move with it. We've been able to since at least Wrath.

wow im just stupid ; i am sooo sorry. Not sure what I was thinking.