15+ Year Old Account

Enhancement shaman and haste gems

When is it a good time to switch to full haste gems? I've heard conflicting opinions about it. Some say it's when haste's value rises above 3.0, others say it's when you have 2 RPPM trinkets AND the meta. I've even read that it's beneficial only when you're in full or at least half heroic gear. What factors contribute to the change to haste gems?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    when you have 2 RPPM trinkets AND the meta
    Especially if you have Renataki and Juju.

15+ Year Old Account
    So... that's the only reason, then?

Deleted
    Well from personal xp, as a 10m raider I switched from echo+uf full mastery and agility to as+uf with agility and orange haste gems.

It was only after my 4pc+2 trinkets + legendary meta that i switched to full pure haste.

And I might say that our DPS is completely balistic atm with the recent buffs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ybpumwczctfup2cj/
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2013-05-25 at 05:19 AM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    So... that's the only reason, then?
    Thats the short answer.

Long answer will be to sim it yourself to double check, because your supporting gear will also have an impact. Im at about 519ilvl and Im still not at the point where Haste has overtaken Mastery (however I am also missing Renataki) but have been simming to check for that as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Thats the short answer.

Long answer will be to sim it yourself to double check, because your supporting gear will also have an impact. Im at about 519ilvl and Im still not at the point where Haste has overtaken Mastery (however I am also missing Renataki) but have been simming to check for that as well.

Exactly, to be 100% sure you should sim your character and do reforge plots.