Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[TV] DC Comics make the best cartoons don't they?

From Teen Titans, Justice League, any and every Batman series (except Adam West Series), there is no better way to kick off your morning than by watching an episode of these great cartoons.

What do you think?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    From Teen Titans, Justice League, any and every Batman series (except Adam West Series), there is no better way to kick off your morning than by watching an episode of these great cartoons.

What do you think?
    The Adam West series is classic.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you think?
    They all pale in comparison to the 90's X-Men and Spider Man series'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    I always preferred the X-Men and Spider Man cartoons myself.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The Adam West series is classic.
    Why doesn't Batman dance anymore?
    You're right though. Its a classic. The campness is brilliant.

I'm currently watching the first season of Batman the Animated. Really enjoying it. Have not seen it since I had a full head of hair!

Pretty Much Xmen and Spiderman were my saturday mornings.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

i prefer marvel cartoons when done right.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of toonami.

Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

What do you think?
    Batman The Brave and the Bold was a bit campy if you'd ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't do too well with their live-action movies though.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Thor says what's up.

They are talking cartoons. JL/JLU/Teen Titans"old ones"/YJ/Batman/Batman Beyond were all great only one that sucked was Superman because they made him a pansy ass look at that a little flower beats him puppet of weak. In reply to redmage Batman the animated series/x-men"90's"/spiderman "90's" Beat anime like a red headed step child.

X-men/spiderman were awesome enough to have cross overs Superman/batman don't count since superman was a sorry excuse for a cartoon.. No cartoons now a days based on comics have them.

Also thor is Marvel Steale an didn't have a cartoon. least don't think it did

Marvel cartoons were good yes but not great once they were going into different times. Silver surfer sucked,new Fan 4 sucked, Amazing spider man sucked. Mtv's Ultimate spider man was alright new xmen sucks. The ultimate x men???name idk was actually good and i looked forward to the final season they never released.
    Last edited by Raptor With a Saber; 2013-05-24 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    It was done right though, as that was it's actual goal. And I think BatB has some of the finest animation of most of DC's works.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    In reply to redmage Batman the animated series/x-men"90's"/spiderman "90's" Beat anime like a red headed step child.
    Please, superhero cartoons were for the kids not bright enough to follow the plots of shows like Big O, Outlaw Star, and Rurouni Kenshin.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-05-24 at 03:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    They all pale in comparison to the 90's X-Men and Spider Man series'.
    Oh man... I really loved the 90's X-Men cartoons. Now you made me nostalgic and fuckall I feel like watching it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Please, superhero cartoons were for the kids not bright enough to follow the plots of shows like Big O and Outlaw Star.
    JL/JLU all followed the same plot line and batman beyond tied into it along with batman tying into batman beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    JL/JLU all followed the same plot line and batman beyond tied into it along with batman tying into batman beyond.
    All of which combined have the plot complexity of a Adam Sandler movie compared to any decent anime.

Please, superhero cartoons were for the kids not bright enough to follow the plots of shows like Big O and Outlaw Star.
    Sorry, but Outlaw Star is okay, but not exactly a pinnacle of anime. Especially towards the later half when the budget is noticeably unsure there's a huge quality drop during a portion of the series. And for the record, I did like Outlaw Star, but it's not exactly up there in the highlight reel.

I wouldn't say super hero cartoons were for stupid kids, though. It's not like anime inherently requires high intelligence to follow. They're just different styles between the two genres. Liking one doesn't mean you can't like the other, y'know.

The 90s X-Men actually followed a lot of the comic storylines. They were very good.
    Batman The Animated Series was fantastic, along with X-Men and Spider-Man in the 90s.
    DC has put out some good stuff here lately, but I have to admit, Marvel hit a gold star with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest by once again following comic book story arcs as the basis for the stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, superhero cartoons were for the kids not bright enough to follow the plots of shows like Big O, Outlaw Star, and Rurouni Kenshin.
    You realize that in the early 90's when these shows were made, Outlaw Star, Big O and Kenshin were neither translated to easily available to your average middle-schooler?

Besides The Big O was basically Batman with giant robots and a weird twist. Outlaw Star as fun as it was didn't have much of a plot...if you want bounty-hunters in space better reference Cowboy Bebop for the class....unless you're aiming for anime that was actually around in the early 90's and then you're going to have to look for stuff like Space Battleship Yamato or maybe Captain Harlock or it's spin-off, Queen Emeraldis.

Or just reference any classic anime. The late 80's and early-mid 90's was the heyday of American Cartoons.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2013-05-24 at 04:02 AM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    thats kinda the point...