Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The fact that one person can solo a raid boss either indicates that said person is a hacker or it's evidence of blizzard seriously undertuning the difficulty of said raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    And whats about Primordius & stacks reset via bubble, insane healing cuz vengance on Animus, debuff reset at Iron Qoon?
    Prot Paladin is sick and nowhere balanced with other tanks.
    Bubble is a paladin class ability. If Blizzard didn't intend for stacks being reset via bubble, they could easily prevent it from happening (which they do on many fights). Further, solo-tanking fights like Primordius is risky because that debuff, which you're likely to only reset once, HURTS when it reaches high stacks.

Insane healing because of vengeance on Animus? What, you mean during early parts of the fight when you're tanking 2 small golems? Or perhaps you're referring to heroic mode. If that's the case, allow me to counter with the burn strat offered to groups with monk tanks. Yeah, THAT's not OP. Either way, I've never seen anyone use Dark Animus as an example which kind of makes me wonder where you pulled it from.

Any tank can reset their debuff stacks on Iron Qon (and Horridon and Durumu, while we're at it) by having any paladin use HoP on them. In fact, that's exactly how we got our first Iron Qon kill -- I logged on my warlock and our DK solo-tanked the fight. Yeah, WAAAAY OP. The only requirement is that you have a paladin -- not a prot paladin, but ANY paladin.

Here's a little piece of advice: Don't say a class is OP when it uses HoP to clear stacks. Any tank class can take advantage of HoP. That's a paladin class benefit, not a prot paladin benefit. Also, don't use bubble as an excuse, either, because anything that can be bubbled off is clearly by design, since Blizzard regularly makes certain abilities ignore bubble. Basically the only legitimate complaint you've offered is high healing and, let's be honest, you sure picked a bad fight for that one.

If you want to offer any other reasons that paladins are OP, go for it and I'll be happy to shoot down the poorly thought-out ones while accepting any that are legitimate complains. Good luck with that last part.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-06-18 at 08:07 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus25 View Post
    The fact that one person can solo a raid boss either indicates that said person is a hacker
    HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Why the fuck did i choose to make a rogue 6 years ago. WHAT A FUCKING FAIL.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure I remember a video from the same site of a prot pally soloing heroic Primordius too. I'll do some searching and see if I can find it.

I can't think of another time where Blizzard was fine with one tank being able to trivialize so many mechanics and encounters. Paladins truly are a favored class.

10+ Year Old Account
    as someone who is primarily a pvper, can you explain vengence? i understand that damage you take increases your attack power? but why? is tank DPS an issue in raids?
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    as someone who is primarily a pvper, can you explain vengence? i understand that damage you take increases your attack power? but why? is tank DPS an issue in raids?
    It was intended as a fun mechanic to allow tanks to maintain threat throughout an expansion as the gear of the DPS around them improved. When Blizzard said "Nah, fuck it. Tanks all get a 500% modifier to threat," they ended up leaving Vengeance in, allowing Tanks to pump out absurd amounts of damage while claiming it's their job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    It was intended as a fun mechanic to allow tanks to maintain threat throughout an expansion as the gear of the DPS around them improved. When Blizzard said "Nah, fuck it. Tanks all get a 500% modifier to threat," they ended up leaving Vengeance in, allowing Tanks to pump out absurd amounts of damage while claiming it's their job.

ah ok thanks :P i always had a hard time understanding the mechanic :P
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Greed001 View Post
    Is it just me or is the OP's jimmy at maximum rustle over this?
    Not sure why I'm belly-laughing at this, but I am.

Deleted
    Had a crack at it myself and something doesnt seem right. The swings off the boss are huge. Popped holy avenger and I got 107k vengeance, the damage was managable. The boss then did his meteor shower, during this time I wasnt getting hit and vengeance dropped to 60k roughly. Popping guardian to survive and try and gain some reasonable vengeance I found again, not even breaking 110k. Just before the boss stomped I bubbled, then the adds come in to give me a nice ganking. It does seem that with clemency you may be able to divine shield just before 1 stomp and hand of protection just before another. This will stop the stomp effect entirely and should be up for every stomp.

However, I have deliberately ignored the tier in favour of more haste items and I use the dps legendary meta. Even in 25 man heroics so far I see no need to have the tier or tank legendary so far. Im surviving just fine and doing berserk dps to boot. Worthy trade off if it can be pulled off but this gear setup isn't optimal for a serious solo attempt like this.
    Still my ilvl is only 533.

Key to me seems to be able to survive long enough to get to the adds comfortably and gain enough vengeance to survive.

Also looking at the video. I find it odd he has 2 people in the group with him. Looking at his mini map they're a distance away but not far enough away to help him with some external damage reduction.

Also looking at his buffs he doesn't appear to have kings or might. Either he totally nerfed himself by mistake or he's hiding the standard buffs with an addon. So it is also possible his friends were also buffing him.

Hard for me to say its a true solo with people so close and online.

With this guy being on a Chinese server he also gets higher ilvl from 25 man raids. I doubt world bosses will be buffed to reflect this as gear obtained elsewhere is at max 522 i believe, could be wrong.