Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Raid Call For Mac?

Anyone know of a verifiably safe Raid Call version that works with Mac? I tried googling, but none of the sites that offer downloads are recognized by McAfee's system with virtually nothing documented by any other reputable website either.

And no offense, but I'm looking for something verified from a reputable source, not a "I've used it, its safe".

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 04:37 PM ----------

I guess I'm pretty screwed then. That's what i figured.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

A fellow raider of mine said he reinstalled taracque's wine wrapped version, clicked on update when it asked for it and it worked.
    Tried it myself and it does not update, so it does not work, also talked to more people about it and I have found noone else whose update is working in that old version. Also, this guildie sent me a compressed copy of his rc app folder and it doesnt work on my rig.

The goood news is I finally made my guild move to a TS and forget about the raidcall hell. All new TS user's first comments were, you guys sound much better now. My best achieve this patch so far, get rid of RC. yes!

Find a public TS/ventrilo/mumble server and get your people there. don't look back, ever.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't trust McAfee just saying.

Since Mac is basically Unix, you could go and install Wine from the command line and go that route and actually install RaidCall (the official version). Or you could get Parallels which lets your run Windows applications on Mac, but I think that requires you to actually dual boot Mac and Windows I'm not sure though as I don't have a Mac to test it.

Best thing I would do in your situtation would be to use Wine and install the official RaidCall app that way.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not emulating windows just for one rom, i bought a mac to escape the windows bullshit.

My group's been using Mumble for the past 3 years, but one member is unable to get his microphone to work with it; so the group arbitrarily decided to switch to raid call with no prior notice to compensate his issues.

I know there are technically ways to bug the system and 'force' it to work on mac, but i don't have the time to even begin to invest in all that. If a reputable site doesn't have it available, I'm not going to be using the program.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with this members mic that doesn't work in mumble? Every mic works in mumble if you set it up correctly.

The setup wizard for Mumble will get it all setup and working perfectly, you just gotta spend a few minutes going through it and setting it up right.