Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They seem kind of pointless, I mean they can only have items that weren't bid on, not just a random item from the BMAH. Odds of getting something worthless is really high, because any good item (rare mounts, good gear, etc.) will have sold for something. Even on low pop realms, if a rare mount shows up someone is definitely going to buy it, so there's really no way you'll ever get a mount out of the container. You could probably get gear sometimes, but even so odds are high it won't be gear for your class and it'll be BoP anyway. I really can't see buying these, even if you're basically at gold cap you could always find something more useful to buy.

14.5k Malorne - US. Black Resonating Crystal, no title or achievement though.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Just stop.

Liar liar pants on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Just stop.
    It's true. I took a picture of how excited I was.
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-05-31 at 04:10 PM. Reason: removed image that was causing malware warnings
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true. I took a picture of how excited I was.
    not sure if Me Gusta....
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-05-31 at 04:10 PM. Reason: removed image that was causing malware warnings
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    They seem kind of pointless, I mean they can only have items that weren't bid on, not just a random item from the BMAH. Odds of getting something worthless is really high, because any good item (rare mounts, good gear, etc.) will have sold for something. Even on low pop realms, if a rare mount shows up someone is definitely going to buy it, so there's really no way you'll ever get a mount out of the container. You could probably get gear sometimes, but even so odds are high it won't be gear for your class and it'll be BoP anyway. I really can't see buying these, even if you're basically at gold cap you could always find something more useful to buy.
    except for the fact that that's entirely wrong. it can have anything from the list of items that have a chance to be on black market. it is NOT a box containing "only things that weren't bid on"

the flavor text on the containers is just that.... flavor text

they can contain anything found on the BMAH

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the starting bid on those containers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    what is the starting bid on those containers?
    5.000g start bid 10 chars!

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    No, the flavour text is indicating something that was "not picked up".
    That is not the same as something not receiving a bid.
    "An item sold at a previous auction that was never picked up by the winning bidder. Buyer beware."
    I simply believe it to be a random item.
    A lucky dip as such.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-27 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    I didn't get it but last night on my server it went for 46k. winner was an ally druid winning horde pvp braces

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason to buy this thing unless you got nothing else to do with the millions of gold sitting in your bank.

It should at least be BoA so you can give gear you can't use to your alts. And they should remove the cat carriers cause they're just sad.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Went for over 140k on Silvermoon... not sure what was in it though although the person who won wouldn't reply to any whispers and such so I'd assume it was something they could have got for 20 gold from the Auction house (Pet).

Got one for 23k and the Lich king mount was inside...definitely worth it for me

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    I think if you did get that mount, for such a low price, you would at least know the name of the mount, not "The lich king mount" So unless there is some proof, I will have to decline belief on this^^

I can see a pattern now, everyone who loses the bid is going to try and comfort themselves by saying it must have contained a 20silver pet

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny coz your armory says otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    Funny coz your armory says otherwise
    2 accounts

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I think if you did get that mount, for such a low price, you would at least know the name of the mount, not "The lich king mount" So unless there is some proof, I will have to decline belief on this^^

I can see a pattern now, everyone who loses the bid is going to try and comfort themselves by saying it must have contained a 20silver pet
    not everyone lives and breathes to know every single name of a mount

10+ Year Old Account
    2 accounts

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 11:58 AM ----------

not everyone lives and breathes to know every single name of a mount
    Considering you just claimed to have received one of (If not the best) mounts in game, I would think it would be pretty much ingrained into you memory...