Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Screenshots

I took about 300 screenshots of the entire event (minus the kill of empress, sadly I had to go before the kill). Unfortunately it seems I can't post any links yet. I did post the gallery link on reddit on /r/wow though. The post name is 25 warlocks vs Heart of Fear. It's about 12 pictures from the event. I can upåload more if you want.

Deleted
    Congratulions people !
    Nice feat, now is the time for clothies to take revenge against all platies (DKs especially) who have mocked us !

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    Congratulions people !
    Nice feat, now is the time for clothies to take revenge against all platies (DKs especially) who have mocked us !
    if you beat HoF on heroic then come again and tell us
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    I took about 300 screenshots of the entire event (minus the kill of empress, sadly I had to go before the kill). Unfortunately it seems I can't post any links yet. I did post the gallery link on reddit on /r/wow though. The post name is 25 warlocks vs Heart of Fear. It's about 12 pictures from the event. I can upåload more if you want.
    Nice, would be awesome if you could post a link to this thread on the reddit post though
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    if you beat HoF on heroic then come again and tell us
    I don't understand the anger...
    No I haven't beat HoF on heroic and I fail to see the relevance with my post...
    I was just amazed that 25 clothies could beat a current raid like that.
    I guess you misunderstood me... well please vent your anger elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    I don't understand the anger...
    No I haven't beat HoF on heroic and I fail to see the relevance with my post...
    I was just amazed that 25 clothies could beat a current raid like that.
    I guess you misunderstood me... well please vent your anger elsewhere...
    dont get me wrong i didnt mean to make you think im angry im not it's jus no mages could do it or shadowpriests maybe a dispersion rotation combined with healing its just warlocks are pretty much the only calss which has tanky skills dark apothesis and stuff the only clothie class could do is them

yes i challenge all other clothies to do it ^^
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    lol Dark Apotheosis. I wish people would stop thinking it has any real tanking utility. What made that run doable was the using of multiple voidlords tanking the bosses, and by tanking I mean taking a few hits and dying (+ of course all our survival and selfhealing abilities). Because locks can easily manage their aggro (through gateways and soulshatter), you could infinitely rotate pets tanking with no issue.
    Dark Apotheosis tanking + no healer supporting you = dead lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Nice, would be awesome if you could post a link to this thread on the reddit post though
    Done and done, it was linked a few comments under, though with all the new comments it kinda drowned there.

Congratz on the feat guys! Best thing I've seen since early MoP 85 twink soloing on my pal. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    lol Dark Apotheosis. I wish people would stop thinking it has any real tanking utility. What made that run doable was the using of multiple voidlords tanking the bosses, and by tanking I mean taking a few hits and dying (+ of course all our survival and selfhealing abilities). Because locks can easily manage their aggro (through gateways and soulshatter), you could infinitely rotate pets tanking with no issue.
    Dark Apotheosis tanking + no healer supporting you = dead lock.
    not to forget how it's just impossible to keep aggro even if you have 500% threat because your damage is so far behind

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    not to forget how it's just impossible to keep aggro even if you have 500% threat because your damage is so far behind
    Can't say I've found that to be an issue. You're doing more than 20% of your normal damage for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    This. Dark Apothesis is okay with a healer in a 5 man or something, but really its not that great. You do very little damage, which also means very little threat. Its really only a 15% magic dmg reduction and around 20% physical dmg reduction. You can still get critically hit, and you dont gain any new self healing spells or anything (Apart from fury ward which sucks). What made the run possible was Warlocks ability to self heal/absorb with Soul leech, void lords and gateways Oh and the fact with 25 warlocks we were able to make fights considerably easier thanks to having so much damage.

IMO DA is decent for on the spot moments, Lei Shen transitions if the healing on your platform is week, you can jump into Dark Apothesis to reduce damage taken and if you have no tank on your platform, or hunters to MD, you can even tank any adds that spawn.
    Last edited by Chrispotter; 2013-06-03 at 02:31 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Can't say I've found that to be an issue. You're doing more than 20% of your normal damage for sure.
    sure, but you are gonna have problems keeping it up in a 25 man raid with random threat spikes. I'm sure it's doable but very hard to coordinate with so many people. especially in these groups so many people wanna top the meters and just go ham on boss. I think that was the main reason we had so many wipes on grand emp.

speaking of which if anyone deserves a MVP reward for the HoF run it's Filth. he was sitting at 541 ilvl but still rarely topping meters because he focused on actually staying alive with ember taps instead of spamming chaos bolts. really good job.

Deleted
    yea 37k hps filth was pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Sorry for the US 10 Alli side. We didn't get 10 people (/sad) and my computer decided to crap out on me. I only just got it back up and running just now.
    I would be interested in this. The issue is between raid days and IRL stuff, it's hard for me to commit to a time too far in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Impressive! I still remember being part of the all-lock guild way back in Vanilla and downing Ony. Always fun to see what a bunch of locks can accomplish together.

That's awesome. I only hope this isn't the "Voidwalker tanks Sarth 3D" moment of Mists.

Deleted
    A sneakpeak for what's to come from the videos. A nice little group photo

http://i.imgur.com/2kdppso.jpg
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-06-03 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Use large thumbnails when linking large pictures next time, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    That's awesome. I only hope this isn't the "Voidwalker tanks Sarth 3D" moment of Mists.
    That would piss me off.

25 death knights tank heroic content that's a teir old or 30% nerfed and blizzard says "It's old content, who cares, lmao" .... but when warlocks do it? "NERF NERF NERF NERF"

It's the one thing that's always really pissed me off. Paladins, Mages and rogues can do no wrong, but every other class had better sit real nice and pretty where blizzard wants them, because if they stray any where out of it, even if it's behind, they'll get nerfed.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignocia View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/ignociatv/b/411127974

Video of the whole event. 5 hours long video. (you may wanna skip 1-2 hours of the beginning of the video as we had some issues with servers going down.)

I am working on editing it so i can upload kill videos on youtube. I'll PM u later chrispotter
    First pull starts at 2 hours 13 mins.

At 2:13:53-
    I GOT TOP DEEPS GUYS, I GOT TOP DEEPS!!!!

Is this where we go with the obvious "dead DPS do 0 DPS?"
    Last edited by Medieve; 2013-06-04 at 05:20 AM.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!