Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

BMAH - What's up?

What's on your BMAH today?

Let me know if you are after any item that could appear on BMAH.

Myself, I'm after warrior/paladin T3 gear.

Let me know if they're on your realm and the current bid/time left. Thanks you!

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 03:34 PM ----------

Warlock Tier3 legs on ragnaros EU

You can't buy from xrealms BMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    You can't buy from xrealms BMAH.
    Which is why he will xfer with gold.

Shocker .

Quote Originally Posted by Bavlet View Post
    Which is why he will xfer with gold.

Shocker .
    Are you telling me there are people stupid enough to pay 20€ (real money that is) to move a char to another server just to steal things from other realms' auction houses? In fact, I doubt even that would be enough since the gold cap as I recall it is around 50k, which means you'd have to create a whole guild and transfer it, and that probably costs even more.

This happens all the time. If Mim or Invincible pops up on a dead server, people go there so they can buy it.

Are you telling me there are people stupid enough to pay 20€ (real money that is) to move a char to another server just to steal things from other realms' auction houses? In fact, I doubt even that would be enough since the gold cap as I recall it is around 50k, which means you'd have to create a whole guild and transfer it, and that probably costs even more.
    Nothing stupid about it. Be more close minded. Lol.

"Steal", no. Price to move a guild is 25 Pounds. If you have gold cap sitting there, which many do, why not? Most people i've helped have tipped me 50k just for tipping them off, and most just leave the toon on my realm.

It's smart.

Deleted
    Are you telling me there are people stupid enough to pay 20€ (real money that is) to move a char to another server just to steal things from other realms' auction houses?
    This has to do nothing, absolutely nothing with being stupid. It's their money, and if a T3 piece is worth that much to them, it's perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had the gold and found a Mimiron's Head or Invincible's Reins on a dead server, I'd xfer right now and place a massive bid on it just to make sure I won.

Don't let dead realms fool you though. My server (which is very much dead) has had one Invincible and two Mimiron's Heads, and they have all three gone for gold cap to on server players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This happens all the time. If Mim or Invincible pops up on a dead server, people go there so they can buy it.
    I would be tempted to do this for a mount and only if it's "Invincible's Reins". That is probably the best looking mount in the game. The 2nd best looking mount in the game is the "Vampire" Horse from the Headless Horseman which I have. I only wish it could fly. No other mount even comes close. Sure Ashes of Alar looks alright but my eyes hurt every time I see one and its quite common. I've only ever seen 2 "Invincible Reins" during my entire time in WoW.

But I would do it for Invincible's Reins. Also you don't really have to transfer your toon back for mounts since its account wide. When it comes to gear, and transmorg gear well then I wouldn't really consider it money and gold well spent. But to each their own.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    Don't let dead realms fool you though. My server (which is very much dead) has had one Invincible and two Mimiron's Heads, and they have all three gone for gold cap to on server players.
    Well dead servers were never always dead. Quite a few of the dead servers are "old" servers that were around right since the launch of the game in 2004. I've played on Doomhammer and Stormrage both launch realms and its quite baffling comparing those 2 servers. One pretty much isn't far from having a final nail hammered onto the coffin, its pretty much dead and the other just continues to grow. Doomhammer is pretty much dead at this point, but there are some long term players that have stayed and made it their home. So its definitely not unthinkable for someone to be sitting on a big fat stack of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    ... The 2nd best looking mount in the game is the "Vampire" Horse from the Headless Horseman which I have. I only wish it could fly ...
    If you're talking about Headless Horseman's Mount it can fly >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Razuvious View Post
    Oh sorry, I mean the Horseman from Karazhan.

Edit: Should be Huntsman. Don't really know why I keep calling him the "Horseman". Probably cause I see him sitting on a Horse? Maybe.
    Last edited by Ebonheart; 2013-05-27 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Razuvious View Post
    He's referring to firey warhorse: http://www.wowhead.com/item=30480

EDIT: Beaten to the punch /wrists.

BTW, just came across the "Invincible's Reins on Stormrage that sold for 956,000G. Only had a single bidder.

From researching on the undermine journal, "Invincible's Reins" have been bought for gold cap or close to gold cap most of the times. So even transferring to a dead server would be a battle.

I was the first one to buy an Invincible on US realms after the data became public (previously it was a subscription service). Accord to TUJ it was 1 month and 2 weeks ago. I had been planning to do this for a little while, but didn't feel like subscribing. The moment they made it free, I my level 1 GM toon to 20 and transferred him over with the gold. The minimum you need to bid is 953k because that'll put the next bid at 1 million (5% increments), but I did 955k just to be safe =p

Waiting for the transfer to go through was excruciating because if someone ninjaed it, I wasted money and that guild bank would be stuck on that realm for I believe 30 days. I don't think anyone else was really trying though. Since then there might be 2-3 people at any given time trying to transfer. Just a FYI I put my level 20 toon by a gbank so he could withdraw the gold, and then I used my hearthstone to the Tavern in the Mists and mounted over.

I wouldn't transfer for T3 though. That'd mean bringing my main over, and I'm not doing that lol. Plus it'd take several transfers. Better off buying a CM set with that gold IMO.

If you think transferring to a dead realm is going to help you win a rare item... forget about it. Even though a server is dead, it doesn't mean it's poor.

For example, I play on an extremely dead realm and have millions and millions and millions of gold on standby. As do many others who have been here since vanilla.

Save your IRL money and don't bother xfering. Unless you feel like xfering back after the natives hit buyout and you're shit out of luck.

I'm curious where does all the gold come from then? A dead server is supposed to be dead thus no economy whatsoever and i'm pretty sure people ain't farming those old instances for 10-15gold vendor-price epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    I'm curious where does all the gold come from then? A dead server is supposed to be dead thus no economy whatsoever and i'm pretty sure people ain't farming those old instances for 10-15gold vendor-price epics.
    playing the market.. good at professions, and Selling green/blues for insane amounts 500g+ piece for transmog, I myself have gotten about 300k on only Selling greens.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I wish I had enough gold on release of MoP. Destromath-US had Invincible's Reins on release day, only went for like 180k I think. Havn't seen a rare mount since.