Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I agree, but only if they get it right in 6.0.

Mages are a fucking mess. L90 talents are so aggravating, Fire is going out of control but nerfing scaling at this point will cause it to plummet like 5.1 (In addition to having a very low skill cap and just having RNG mechanics), Arcane is immobile in a movement-heavy expansion, and Frost is capping all its stats except for Mastery. I would have GLADLY welcomed some huge changes that fix these issues, but they chose to ignore us for the most part :\
    Whats so bad bout Fire being strong? It is competitive and when pushing H progression, you need strong dps. Unless you are of course content with 4/13H playing the lowest dps class of the three while still attempting to be condescending, which has to be a talent, last yet still condescending. Not you Dragon, just another genuis in his own mind.

But why is it bad Fire is so good? If you have enough gear you can go arcane and on some bosses do even more dps then fire, leaving frost.....dead last....again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep this thread on topic. Frost could be the worst spec ever and it wouldn't change that this thread is a guide. It's informational and I'd really like it to keep on topic.

We can argue about specs and you can insult me backhandedly in other threads.

So when reaching the magic number and removing the Icy Veins glyph, is it best to remove Berserking (Troll Racial) out of AT macro?

So after trying it for about 90 minutes, I kinda gave up on it for a few reasons. First of all, having that much haste is clunky as hell. Like I said beforehand, I'm not sure it's really worth the benefit. Secondly, the FFB procs seemed to hate me. I wouldn't get procs for a couple seconds then it seems like some got wasted because it proc'd a couple ticks in a row.

Overall, I think the benefits and the negatives almost equal out to make it just as good as just going regular LB and IV glyphed. I can't really analyze the numbers right now as I'm still mid raid but just from testing it I'd say do it if you like it, don't if you don't. Personally, it's not my cup of tea so I'll stick with LB and the glyph. Shouldn't produce a significant dps increase or decrease either way.

Here's logs if anyones interested though: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wu...85q/dashboard/
    Last edited by Jaylol; 2013-05-28 at 06:44 AM.

So, as a Goblin i just deduct 425 from these numbers to get my values?.
    atm i'm at 8840 haste and AMR is consequently telling me to replace my haste for int/haste gems and int/haste for pure reds dropping almost 5% haste.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcles/advanced
    This is my char, i stopped raiding for various reasons a while back on my main and picked up my first love (this is my first char i started leveling in 2005) to just dick around, do some lfr/other stuff in game untill i get the time again to pickup raiding again.

I have to make due with the gear i can get from lfr/factions and I'm kind off in the blank which haste plateau i'm gunning for.

Deleted
    Yes AMR tells you to gem int+haste or pure int - this is the standard. But if you know you're scaling factors and you edit the numbers and it suddenly tells you to gem haste or int/haste or even haste/hit if you lack hit. I was postponing gemming my gear anew the past few weeks because I wasn't really sure what to do. Of course we all want to get the best out of our mages dont we ?! Now I will have a go! I was gemming haste today. Sometimes int/haste.
    My mage had too much crit for a frostmage and only about 8k haste/28% mastery. I've made haste +11% and mastery + 6% and I will be testing this week I'm at 12303 haste now (buffed)- simcraft says it would (only) be a dmg increase of about 6k.

Just in this moment I'm doing lfr terrace and... with that much haste I'm sometimes just hammering my frostbold key.. is that right? Do I use proccs of icelance/ffb at all? How do you guys handle with it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mountandpetlover View Post
    Just in this moment I'm doing lfr terrace and... with that much haste I'm sometimes just hammering my frostbold key.. is that right? Do I use proccs of icelance/ffb at all? How do you guys handle with it?
    Same "problem" here if you can call it a problem i suppose... when the stars align and everything procs during bloodlust ( WITHOUT meta GEM i don't have that yet ) My frostbolt casts are around 0,7 sec per cast wich feels really weird.
    Last edited by mmoc95246e56fb; 2013-05-28 at 10:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostbolt will always go under a 1 second cast when you have hero and the meta up at the same time. Getting under a 1 second cast with just the meta requires 15697 haste which you won't reach even with haste gemming.

Having spells go under the gcd is nothing new its just been a while since its happened because its something that occurs later in expansions when there's more stats on gear.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    Same "problem" here if you can call it a problem i suppose... when the stars align and everything procs during bloodlust ( WITHOUT meta GEM i don't have that yet ) My frostbolt casts are around 0,7 sec per cast wich feels really weird.
    when i go under 1s with frostbolt i just replace it with FFB casting frostbolt just to keep the debuff up.

when i go under 1s with frostbolt i just replace it with FFB casting frostbolt just to keep the debuff up.
    u serious?

plz read fb and ffb again then reconsider
    Last edited by Hasufer; 2013-05-28 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannemmar View Post

Say what? I really don't understand this one, can you please explain it a little more?

15 % +dmg on frostbolts after 3 applications and fb itself does more dmg than ffb, further considering both wont be casted more frequent than 1sec, ffb likely on 1.1-1.2sec with meta/lust or berserk/other, it's just a pure dps loss to hardcast ffb's.
    Just dont :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dannemmar View Post
    This is why it's hard to write a guide. The level of understanding is all over the place. I actually cringed at this a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to pounce on him for not knowing about FFB never being worth a hardcast. This might feel clunky and bizarre to some, but it feels smooth and awesome to me. And yeah you can achieve very similar results just going for LB. I'm working on that plus Goblin information right now and should have a reply shortly.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 02:11 PM ----------

Added Living Bomb, enjoy.

I'm having trouble getting Goblin stuffs exactly, I'm not the best math wiz around here. If someone wants to calculate how goblin and troll interact with this I'll put it in a section in the main post. The goal here isn't to push anything just to get numbers in an easy place to read.

Hey Akraen, how does not having the meta gem affect my build, if at all? I can't hit the 12,684 yet. When I can, should I ignore all socket bonuses and gem straight haste? Also, what are you doing for trinkets?

It sucks that I can't post links, because I'm a forum noob.

Thanks for the thread and the help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never ignore socket bonuses unless it was for crit rating for some reason.

You want RPPM trinkets with our levels of haste. Without the meta gem you're fine, just pay attention to the IV+hero section as your highest haste cap.

I changed my gems today. Yellow 320 haste, Blue Haste Hit and red still pure intel at this point. I saw a definite increase in my DPS. went from 30.09% haste to 33% with no frost armor and sitting at 38% now. I'd say it worked to switch from int haste gems to pure haste cause I only lost 400 intel to gaining almost 1200 haste. Im going to assume after I get somemore gear. i want to start going for mastery since in Raid i'm sitting on 43% haste? yes or no?

I'm also a goblin so I would say I would be able to reach the 18th tick no prob with no glyph IV.
    Last edited by Chilbot; 2013-05-28 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    No need to pounce on him for not knowing about FFB never being worth a hardcast. This might feel clunky and bizarre to some, but it feels smooth and awesome to me. And yeah you can achieve very similar results just going for LB. I'm working on that plus Goblin information right now and should have a reply shortly.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 02:11 PM ----------

Added Living Bomb, enjoy.

I'm having trouble getting Goblin stuffs exactly, I'm not the best math wiz around here. If someone wants to calculate how goblin and troll interact with this I'll put it in a section in the main post. The goal here isn't to push anything just to get numbers in an easy place to read.

Have you thought of adding the 2piece tier15 bonus to your list just for completions sake? That extra 1800 haste can go a long way.

Deleted
    ok so tell me how do you handle icelance and ffb poccs during tw/iv? Just as usual and fire them or do you skip those and just cast frostbolt all the way until it fades? What's better dmg wise? And do you use icyveins during bloodlust or after?

Edit: my mage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...endia/advanced
    Tried the addon reforgelite by putting in my numbers from simcraft it tells me to reforge mastery into crit?!
    So is simcraft no good for (frost) mages?
    Last edited by mmoc101213c0c0; 2013-05-29 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FoF/BF procs>Frostbolt. Always. If the gcd only affected instant spells then there might be some changes at very high haste levels.

Last I read akraen said he was stacking hero and IV together for super NT's.

I would honestly just ignore simcraft at this point. Try different things out and use what you feel works best. I'm still doing straight haste gemming and haste>mastery>crit reforging which seems to be a good starting point.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory