Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Healers are supposed to be strong and not weak. They have to keep themselves alive and heal everyone else. They need to be built like tanks to kill. Even so, they aren't that hard to kill. People are just too lazy or too bad at pvp to know how to kill one. they just faceroll their keyboard and get mad when they can't kill a healer. Pvp is all about cc/timing/burst/cds. If you suck at all of those things well guess what you would probably think healers are OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnar View Post
    Healers are supposed to be strong and not weak. They have to keep themselves alive and heal everyone else. They need to be built like tanks to kill. Even so, they aren't that hard to kill. People are just too lazy or too bad at pvp to know how to kill one. they just faceroll their keyboard and get mad when they can't kill a healer. Pvp is all about cc/timing/burst/cds. If you suck at all of those things well guess what you would probably think healers are OP.
    Man you are just regurgitating the exact same thing everyone else said. Do you have anything new to say? Did you even read all the posts in the thread?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Please spare me with the good player/bad player and CC/interrupt speech.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 10:16 PM ----------

Here we go... Blah blah blah interrupt bla blah blah CC. Those excuses get old man. Look it is not a matter of CC and interrupts in my eyes. I see healers as overpowered and unkillable at the moment plain and simple. And I won't listen to the usual dribble about CC and interrupts.
    So what you're saying is that you want healers to be killable by bad players who don't know how to use the abilities that are there to help people kill healers. And you wonder why people aren't agreeing with you.

Man you are just regurgitating the exact same thing everyone else said. Do you have anything new to say? Did you even read all the posts in the thread?
    Because it's all true. You need to get that through your head. Because you apparently don't understand PvP.

Deleted
    Please spare me with the good player/bad player and CC/interrupt speech.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 10:16 PM ----------

Here we go... Blah blah blah interrupt bla blah blah CC. Those excuses get old man. Look it is not a matter of CC and interrupts in my eyes. I see healers as overpowered and unkillable at the moment plain and simple. And I won't listen to the usual dribble about CC and interrupts.
    So what else do you want people to tell you? "L2P"?

Why even make a thread? If you want to think Healers are OP then you're free to think so, but don't diss others for trying to explain how you bring a healer down.

Good healers have always been tough to bring down. Did you ever face a decent Resto Druid during TBC? Or a Resto Shaman during WotLK? Those are just a couple examples out of the top of my head, too. If you're playing 2v2 then you need to be prepared for 20 minute matches, mana fights and ready to execute CC and interrupts to milisecond precison if you want to win at any decently high rating.

2v2 is a balance nightmare, it always has been and if you make healers easy to kill there then they'll be utter shite in 3s and BGs. 2v2 is 70% combo, 30% ability. Don't want to deal with that? Don't play it. I've been frustrated with 2v2 long enough and thus I changed brackets and I couldn't be happier to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    So what you're saying is that you want healers to be killable by bad players who don't know how to use the abilities that are there to help people kill healers. And you wonder why people aren't agreeing with you.
    Here we go. Pay attention people this is a classic forums technique. The poster is attempting to extrapolate what I said to the extremes. In doing so he is hoping to bend my argument against me.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    So what else do you want people to tell you? "L2P"?

Why even make a thread? If you want to think Healers are OP then you're free to think so, but don't diss others for trying to explain how you bring a healer down.

Good healers have always been tough to bring down. Did you ever face a decent Resto Druid during TBC? Or a Resto Shaman during WotLK? Those are just a couple examples out of the top of my head, too. If you're playing 2v2 then you need to be prepared for 20 minute matches, mana fights and ready to execute CC and interrupts to milisecond precison if you want to win at any decently high rating.

2v2 is a balance nightmare, it always has been and if you make healers easy to kill there then they'll be utter shite in 3s and BGs. 2v2 is 70% combo, 30% ability. Don't want to deal with that? Don't play it. I've been frustrated with 2v2 long enough and thus I changed brackets and I couldn't be happier to do so.
    I want people to say the truth. That healers are and have been overpowered in pvp, and in need of a redesign. I still want interrupts and CC to matter, but missing one should not automatically mean that you have no chance of killing a healer.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-05-25 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It was supposed to be that way from the beginning, from what I hear. A dps shouldn't be capable of killing a healer one on one. Teamwork is supposed to be used to bring down a healer and then focus on the dps they were protecting.

So far I have yet to find a healer that I wasn't able to bring down with a little teamwork.
    so in 2v2 with 1 healer 1 dps on each team it's intended for the match to never end?

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    so in 2v2 with 1 healer 1 dps on each team it's intended for the match to never end?
    Yes, it is and it's pretty stupid huh?

Correction: Rogues are still able to kill healers in 2 resets in 3's, no other class is effective however.

No, you want people to agree with you.

Like someone else said earlier in the thread, what the hell is the point of a healer in BGs/Arenas if 1 player can kill them 1 on 1? There is no point. Why? Because if the healer can't even keep themselves alive from the pressure of ONE player, then what do you expect them to be able to do in a group fight where 1 player pressures them and the DPS just fight each other? They wouldn't be able to keep themselves alive let alone the 5 players that they are charged with healing.

Basically what Lynarii said is what your issue is. You basically want healers to be so weak that they don't need to be CCed or interrupted to be killed. You want their heals to be so low that you can DPS through their heals and eventually kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by NQ Exac View Post
    Correction: Rogues are still able to kill healers in 2 resets in 3's, no other class is effective however.
    Hooray one class out of 11 can kills healers, and it still takes them several resets.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlight View Post
    No, you want people to agree with you.

Like someone else said earlier in the thread, what the hell is the point of a healer in BGs/Arenas if 1 player can kill them 1 on 1? There is no point. Why? Because if the healer can't even keep themselves alive from the pressure of ONE player, then what do you expect them to be able to do in a group fight where 1 player pressures them and the DPS just fight each other? They wouldn't be able to keep themselves alive let alone the 5 players that they are charged with healing.

Basically what Lynarii said is what your issue is. You basically want healers to be so weak that they don't need to be CCed or interrupted to be killed. You want their heals to be so low that you can DPS through their heals and eventually kill them.
    I am not explaining myself again. I clearly stated how heals can be strong, but still killable by a single dps. Reread the posts.

EDIT: it is really not that hard to grasp. You make heals strong but mana regain not so strong. There now you havea healer that can last for awhile and keep multiple up, but still eventually dies to a single dps.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-05-25 at 05:46 AM.

It should be very challenging to impossible to kill a healer in a 1v1 match up, if not they wouldn't stand a chance with more on them and nobody would ever heal in pvp.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I think any two DPS should be able to kill a healer that goes unprotected, and even against one, the healer should have no chance of actually killing the DPS. Surviving him no problem until running out of mana, sure, but not killing him. I think healers have been OP ever since Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    That wasn't the case and he just kept pillar kiting, Displacer Beast, Prowl, shapeshifting and healing etc.
    Sounds like you were outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It should be very challenging to impossible to kill a healer in a 1v1 match up, if not they wouldn't stand a chance with more on them and nobody would ever heal in pvp.
    See I hate this! I explained 3 time so far how it is possible to make healers remain strong yet still killable by a single dps. But these window lickers keep coming in with out reading the thread.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not extrapolating what you said to the extreme. You just said that you don't want to hear how there are good players who are killing healers (even though there are) and you don't want to hear that smart use of CC/interrupts will get a healer dead in a 1v1 scenario (even though it will). My point (and the one a lot of others are making) is mostly that if you allow a skilled healer to be killable without using all the tools against them, then they will have no chance at all against someone who /can/ use all the tools. If a person can easily kill them one on one, then two on one they're going to get murdered. And in a BG where there can be 10+ people all fighting you might as well just leave because you /can't/ contribute if all it takes is a single person out of that group to shut you down.

You say you want people to say the truth, but then you go on to say your /opinion/ and declare it to be the truth. Obviously, given the number of people who disagree with you, the truth is not in fact nearly as self-evident as you seem to believe. We understand that you have problems with healers, that you think they're OP, and that you want them redesigned. But posting in a forum as volatile as the PvP forums and demanding everyone agree with you is bordering on insanity. The MMO-Champion forums don't unanimously agree on anything. Make your points, defend your points, but accept that other people don't have the same problems you do and stop yelling at them for having different views.

so did any of u tryed to kill a monk healer just asking sometimes i even ask wtf that class is a retarded op healer with decent dps or a decent dps with retarded heals?!

Quote Originally Posted by dejaa View Post
    Sounds like you were outplayed.
    Because it takes so much skill to run in a circle...

I am not explaining myself again. I clearly stated how heals can be strong, but still killable by a single dps. Reread the posts.

EDIT: it is really not that hard to grasp. You make heals strong but mana regain not so strong. There now you havea healer that can last for awhile and keep multiple up, but still eventually dies to a single dps.
    That would just break healers. Current burst doesn't really allow healers to play conservative as it is, what would nerfing mana regen do? Make it so they last 20 seconds during high burst instead of 25 seconds? It's pretty clear you don't play a healer otherwise it wouldn't be so difficult to make sure understand.

So, healers are supposed to be doomed to tank someone until they die?

What about out about and questing? Why shouldn't a healer be able to kill the DPS pestering them (albeit, slowly)?