10+ Year Old Account

Found a couple of Screenies to the start of Cata

Was going through some old screenshots on my FB account, When i stumbled across these two

What a crazy start to Cataclysm
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    still better than pandaria intro
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    still better than pandaria intro
    What did happen with Pandaria? i was on holidays during the week release, such a bad time that was

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    What did happen with Pandaria? i was on holidays during the week release, such a bad time that was
    The gyrocopter... THE GYROCOPTER!!! Not sure about Horde side, but on Alliance side after getting past the obligatory mount stacking on quest NPC's that don't have invisible walls, you mounted a copter and had to kill some Horde. Problem was it was so laggy no one could do it. People resorted to jumping off the airship and finding other quests in the zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Pandaria was so insanely busy, you were in a copter and had to kill a few horde right?
    Well there were 100 to 200 pple in a copter too shooting on a few walking orcs, took like 20minutes longer then it suppost to be x)
    Was hella fun though =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    The gyrocopter... THE GYROCOPTER!!! Not sure about Horde side, but on Alliance side after getting past the obligatory mount stacking on quest NPC's that don't have invisible walls, you mounted a copter and had to kill some Horde. Problem was it was so laggy no one could do it. People resorted to jumping off the airship and finding other quests in the zone.
    It was buggy on first day only ! dont make Problem from it! Dont make Elephant from ant! Pandaria Into was quite epic too. There was very good World PVP on all reals which I enjoyed very much! There was no Flying mount and sometimes I Enjoyed killing opposite Faction for hours. Jade Forest was like Big Battleground
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Deleted
    oh god that MOP Intro was Insanely slow lol , I remember staying up all night playing it.. got through eventually..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthawk45 View Post
    oh god that MOP Intro was Insanely slow lol , I remember staying up all night playing it.. got through eventually..
    I skipped jade forest. Did 5mans till 86 which was under 2 hours. I even think it was less then 1 hour then moved onto krasarang wilds where it was almost deserted. Everyone else that did that went to 4 winds. This was on a full realm with like a 4 hours q to get in.

Cata i went to the underwater zone and it was almost abandoned. Half way threw the quests i could swear i was the only one in that area.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-05-26 at 01:52 PM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the servers at the start of MoP were so bad we just did dungeons the first night 'cause they're on different servers. I couldn't even get off the boat it was so bad.

Romire: I remember that UI! I used to use that for Darsithis when he was still a blood tank in Ulduar/ICC (I was blood tank before it was cool)

Yeah, I had already played through Vashj'ir in beta, and knew it would be underpopulated, so I left Hyjal out. Didn't play on release night for MoP, but I heard it was quite laggy in Jade Forest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yeah the servers at the start of MoP were so bad we just did dungeons the first night 'cause they're on different servers. I couldn't even get off the boat it was so bad.

Romire: I remember that UI! I used to use that for Darsithis when he was still a blood tank in Ulduar/ICC (I was blood tank before it was cool)
    I use GuI now, i got sick of Spartan

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, Hyjal was a clusterfuck. I didn't know that there was a command for interacting with NPCs so I accidentally attacked enemy players only to get smashed by the neutral guards over and over.

I remember that UI, too! I thought it was really cool at the time, but in the end it just took up so much space, just made my own instead. Nevertheless, the design of it is quite neat.

Didn't experience any lag/clusterfuck whatsoever in Jade Forest, tbh. Although, I did login 30min past launch, but that shouldn't have had THAT much of an impact. There were quite a few people, but nothing close to what Hyjal was.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Hyjal? Vashj'ir was way worse.

Enjoy 50 people being on the boat, and the tentacles bugging out so that you just get thrown endlessly sideways until you die from fatgiue, or so much zone lag that you drown before the Draenei shaman can cast the bubble on you to save you.

And don't even get me started on having to loot that god damned shell for the sea legs quest.

Well Hyjal was really cramped, but I remember I somehow managed to get ahead of the questing crowd for the most part. I think it was because I was a boomkin I would tag things from far away and kill them and sometimes kill a big group to make it go by faster. I finally laid down to take a nap and when I woke up from my nap everyone was finally where I was which was Deepholm or Uldum. Don't remember honestly now.

I was Alliance on the start MOP of it, and I was one of the first on the copter thank god! Once I got off the copter and out of jade forest, I was actually pretty lonely all day until I hit 90. I would only see a few people here and there. I assume most of everyone was stuck back on the copter. LOL.

However Wrath was by far my worst experience on launch. I tried to quest with my 70 hunter on the Horde and I couldn't ever get anything tagged for myself for the quests, so I tried my Alliance boomkin and couldn't do anything either. So I made a DK and for the most part had a blast. It was still super cramped but not like Northrend was. I remember being an unholy DK with unholy blight, it was awesome back then <3 They were so OP it was nothing to pull thousands of mobs and not die. Hahaha, I also remember a time when blood DK's were DPS too before they were THE tank spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Indeed, I find MoP more crowded then I did with Cata.. The chopper.. god the chopper!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't set foot in Hyjal until my 10th alt, probably 3/4 of the way through the expansion lol. Would do Vash'jir, run instances, and eventually hit twilight highlands to finish up. Though by about the 5th or so alt, I just ran instances for the most part. The later ones I decided to test out other zones. Vash is still one of my all-time favorite zones in the game, such epic questing, and doing so underwater was awesome!

I hit Vash day one, and didn't have much of an issue. I know that there were a LOT of people out trying to kill the freaking whale instead of leveling that first day lol. I got to the outer zones of Vash by day two, and there weren't but a handful of people out there total. No contenders for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.