Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyman007 View Post
    This is mainly due to our educational system. Watch this video. I rather have this video explain it to you than typing it all.
    [video=youtu.be;uAZqMaBY2MI]http://youtu.be/uAZqMaBY2MI[video]
    he says "in most western countries", but most issues he mentions (basic manual craft, cooking, group management, social interaction) are, in fact, part of education where i live (austria) and i assume most of EU. some schools even specialize in social integration, proper self-organization and generally thinking for yourself.
    and the final tests and document of the "higher education schools" (for a lack of a better translation) which the majority of teens attends and graduates from at around age 18 are crucial for being allowed to most universities.

i'm not saying the school system here is perfect - far from it. there are still many changes and improvements possible and needed. but the video you linked very much describes the american school system and it's problems. as sad as it is, the education in the US is incredibly poor (and not just in the issues mentioned in the video, but also the more classic education in general) in comparison to (most of?) europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    he says "in most western countries", but most issues he mentions (basic manual craft, cooking, group management, social interaction) are, in fact, part of education where i live (austria) and i assume most of EU. some schools even specialize in social integration, proper self-organization and generally thinking for yourself.
    and the final tests and document of the "higher education schools" (for a lack of a better translation) which the majority of teens attends and graduates from at around age 18 are crucial for being allowed to most universities.

i'm not saying the school system here is perfect - far from it. there are still many changes and improvements possible and needed. but the video you linked very much describes the american school system and it's problems. as sad as it is, the education in the US is incredibly poor (and not just in the issues mentioned in the video, but also the more classic education in general) in comparison to (most of?) europe.
    I can attest that here in Denmark you also have cooking, woodcraft and even sewing (believe it or not) in primary school. Only for a year or 2 though.

And we dont use SATs either. I would kill for an exam which had multiple choice questions...

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Interitus View Post
    I have high iq, i dont have friends nor girlfriend...
    I bet they prefer big muscular boys or something without brains nor feelings...
    You know, its possible for you to grow muscles. Its much harder to grow a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    And we dont use SATs either. I would kill for an exam which had multiple choice questions...
    Why on earth do you like the idea of multiple choice question exams? I don't know anyone who prefers them over normal exams. At least not in any field of engineering.

Deleted
    Because dumb bitches fuck jocks, get pregnant and give birth to more jocks and dumb bitches.