Deleted

Quick Archaeology question.

So I have been doing a lot of Archaeology recently and I have been getting the rare pets.
    On the AH I noticed that they are worth quiet a bit of gold but I was wondering if it was possible to discover multiple of them so that I can sell them and make some gold?

Deleted
    i dont think you can, unless you make another char that has archeology

but then again, im not 100% sure.

afaik you can get multiple pet using the Above method.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    i dont think you can, unless you make another char that has archeology

but then again, im not 100% sure.
    This is correct. Completing any rare archeology find on a particular character flags an in-game tracker to prevent that character from ever solving that item again. I believe that this is how the game is able to track whether you've fully solved a race's artifacts or not since the change where races that are fully completed have a reduced chance to spawn additional digsites over other races. If you want another version of that item you'll have to do archeology on another character.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not correct.
    I do know for fact you can get rares more than once.
    Since I only have one toon with 600 archaeology (at the time) and on that same character I have two Fossil Raptor mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    That's not correct.
    I do know for fact you can get rares more than once.
    Since I only have one toon with 600 archaeology (at the time) and on that same character I have two Fossil Raptor mounts.
    You sure it was two of the Fossilized Raptor mount and not the two Fossil minipets (pterodax and fossilized raptor hatchling) you discovered?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 100% sure.
    Since it's still currently sitting in my bank hopeing that one day Blizzard lifts the Soulbound on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    I'm 100% sure.
    Since it's still currently sitting in my bank hopeing that one day Blizzard lifts the Soulbound on it.
    That's strange then. Guessing you've already reported the issue to Blizzard since there's no reason that a single character should get multiples of the same rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mistakenly vendorded/trashed the wisp amulet and put in a ticket to get it back. The response was I could do arch on a different character to get it back. Makes no sense as it is bop but w/e. I think you can only get each thing once. I remember people having to have 2 toons to get the lvl 74 axe for their twink.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max