Thread: Rogue situation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Maybe he realised he couldn't kill you so was just waiting for you to forfeit so you didn't damage his precious w/l ratio on his statistics page. No other reason why he would stealth for 10minutes, other than to troll you - his offensive CDs are back after 3minutes and his longest CD (preparation) is 5minutes.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

dunno how he took 75% of your health in 3 seconds when you had 20% damage reduction up.
    thats what good rogues do...chain all dmg CD together and this should be normal.
    theres a YouTube movie how to do this too

No, there is no class in the majority of "top-end" pvpers. All we do is repeat the same exact thing, rogues especially. Same, exact, opener, every, fucking, time. If you fuck their opener, they have nothing else to do but to wait for preparation and shadow blades to come back off CD and try it again. They are like a machine, they are proficient in one thing, and execute it until they win. The fact that you made a toon to "talk shit" only complimented him and his endeavor against you. Which is why he immediately started saying the "L2P" crap. To piss you off that much more, and in the end, got you to the point of feeling you needed to even make a forum post about it. That's how those "top players" get renown, or prestige. By pissing ppl off to the point they tell other people about them. When I stream my 1v2 blood, I get so many people making new toons just to talk shit to me after I beat them and their partner, or out smart a over cocky healer. I absolutely love being able to solo 2s as blood, its challenging, its me vs you two, and when it happens, my brain out performed two enemy brains. So when they talk shit to me, it tells me they are acknowledging my job well done.

The thing about rogues, they rely on being "un-touchable" if you dont touch them, they will kill you (stuns, etc) If you can touch them (force a CD "vanish, etc") then it all depends on how they re-open. If he sees you running seal, he knows you will be kiting him, if you are going to be kited- how would you open in his shoes? I can see why he would wait, he has the power too. But at the same time, it is cheap.

My worst rogue story. Mage+rogue+priest VS Me(dk) disc+ holy paly (dbl healer+ unholy dk) Dalaran arena

I force mage to block early, void shift on rogue, cloak and vanish all within first 45 seconds.
    I hard switch to mage (friendly healer MCs rogue off ledge) push him to 20% and knew void shift was just coming off CD
    I switch to priest, the second I hit him with a necrotic strike he void shifts, I strangulate and Soul reaper + 2 more necrotics = dead healer

The rogue ended up forcing my paly to bubble and the mage I almost killed evocated to about 60%hp, they destroyed my Holy paly soon as bubble was off
    I kill the mage, right as rogue finishes up the disc.

Its now 1v1 rogue with NO cds, and a unholy DK with all CDs. 5 minutes go by, I get the crystal, rogue instantly saps me, cheapshots, into kidney shot (just incase a trinket was used on my end) then sprints away into stealth, or would save blind incase I managed a way to keep him in combat.

Crystal spawns again, same exact thing happens. He lets me get the crystal, instantly CCs into a chain CC, reset until next crystal.
    30 minutes go by and the match is over, we both lose points. I went from 2192 - 2170ish, I hadn't yet broken 2.2k in 3s for a while so was anticipating it for a while. then all of a sudden I had to slowly realize that because of shit like this, the game is not balanced and I didnt care any more. We actually ended up disbanding the team because of how the things played out that match, blaming each other an what not. But to me, that IS the cheapest thing to do. If you know you are going to lose, just fucking lose...Why force another victorious team to lose simply because your particular class has an un-avoidable advantage. (stealth) as I mentioned before, its not hard to counter, just lock them into CC soon as they touch the crystal.

It sucks, its annoying, and the only reason I see ppl doing it, is to hold on to that last chance of hoping someone will just "give up" and say they've wasted enough time and leave. And sadly alot of 2200 rogues do this to preserve their rating.

most likely a troll OP 1st of all there are no 10 min CD , maybe the rogue just wanted to troll u he vanished and left to get a coffe eat something or whatever and see how desperate u;re to w8 for min , i guess either way he won the duel if u know what i mean (10 min w8 is rofl) that rogue simply outplayed you most likely he just wanted to waste your time and he succesfully did it +1 for him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    most likely a troll OP 1st of all there are no 10 min CD , maybe the rogue just wanted to troll u he vanished and left to get a coffe eat something or whatever and see how desperate u;re to w8 for min , i guess either way he won the duel if u know what i mean (10 min w8 is rofl) that rogue simply outplayed you most likely he just wanted to waste your time and he succesfully did it +1 for him

I know there no such thing for rogues cd as 10 mins man but that doesnt' stop them from being stealthed for over 10 mins do they? because we can't do anything specially as retri paladin to prevent him from stealth. And no I wasn't desperate I knew the result of that duel from the begining again as I said I'm not upset or annoyed by his strategy style it was just his attitude when I told him sorry this is just not my cup of tea he responded immediatly by L2P issues which is so irrelevant to how he played his strategy.

Well thanks for the feedback guys I learned my lessons from such bad atittude folks the hard way I guess.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2013-05-26 at 10:23 PM.

so u want the rogues to be fair with u? u play the wrong game and u bark at the wrong tree then my friend ))

Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post

Crystal spawns again, same exact thing happens. He lets me get the crystal, instantly CCs into a chain CC, reset until next crystal.
    30 minutes go by and the match is over, we both lose points. I went from 2192 - 2170ish, I hadn't yet broken 2.2k in 3s for a while so was anticipating it for a while. then all of a sudden I had to slowly realize that because of shit like this, the game is not balanced and I didnt care any more. We actually ended up disbanding the team because of how the things played out that match, blaming each other an what not. But to me, that IS the cheapest thing to do. If you know you are going to lose, just fucking lose...Why force another victorious team to lose simply because your particular class has an un-avoidable advantage. (stealth) as I mentioned before, its not hard to counter, just lock them into CC soon as they touch the crystal.
    dude I feel frustrated for you ...That has got to be the worst case of 'cheap rogue crap' I've ever heard

Deleted
    I play a rogue among other classes and i refuse to duel rogues. They can reset the fight any time and then premed+recoup until they are full hp and have all cd's up again. It's pointless and any rogue who spends a lot of time in stealth in a duel is a douche who lost the fight because you outplayed him and forced him to essentially "cheat" in order to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Rogue restealths and doesn't open in the next 20 sec = mount up, fly high enough that he can't hit you and wait for you own cds while you're making yourself a sandwich.
    yea thats what i did to. and then wait till the flaming starts:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    so u want the rogues to be fair with u? u play the wrong game and u bark at the wrong tree then my friend ))

I never said fair it seems you really have hard time understanding my point so here I will write it again: I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH his strategy in term of dueling or fighting me...It was his attitude his behavior...not his gameplay style... got it now? clear? thank you.

In my personal opinion they should redesign stealth ability like the poster above said about giving it a timer limit to prevent such situations. I'm not talking about duels only but in general overall. they should add something to RBGs and BGs against stealth classes kinda similar to how thye put the arena purple gem which is awesome in my opinion.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2013-05-27 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    What 10 min cds do rogues have?

Other than that, nothing says its unfair to wait in a vanish for cds to come back, when you know your opponent has all of his still up, and you want to win the duel.

Childish to go ahead and taunt someone after the duel? Yes, but nothing wrong with his strategy. A little cheap, but it wins fights, so it doesn't matter.
    None. 5 min max, sounds like the rogue just got bored pvping a paladin... lol at class that has bubble and needs to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    None. 5 min max, sounds like the rogue just got bored pvping a paladin... lol at class that has bubble and needs to complain.
    Again I'm not complaining about his play style please do read what I wrote carefully. It was just after I /forfeit and told him sorry but waiting for over 10 mins in duel is not my cup of tea because there is nothing can be done to counter such thing I said it politly without any insults or flaming. Then he started insulting and telling me that I just have L2P issues and all of these kind of stuff.

Again I'm not against his strategy 100% it's no problem with me but it was his respond and his attitude that surprised me specially from a gladiator rogue.

Deleted
    Still wondering if there is any point to try and fight a hunter as a rogue. You can't stun it, you're unlikely to be able to reset the fight and you can't damage it while being kited to hell and you can't slow it down either.

Hunters counter rogues even harder than they counter mages.

Deleted
    rogues dont have 10 min cooldowns.

also you coulda tried casting holy prism on yourself, it pretty much gets anything out of stealth in a 13yard radius.

If you fuck their opener, they have nothing else to do but to wait for preparation and shadow blades to come back off CD and try it again.
    why on earth would you prep in the opener? or shadow blades for that matter, when you can force stuff with just dance which is 1 min cd compared to 3 min shadow blades.
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2013-05-27 at 12:07 PM.

Deleted
    Should have just mounted up and afk up in the air.

Fight fire with fire.

First, duels.

Second, rogues are a lot reliant to their cooldowns - the most people play them like this, they burn out everything, if they don't get a kill they vanish and wait for their cds to return. This kind of things can be don in random BGs, but any serious arena/rated bg game won't allow for such a thing.

Tbh, that rogue sounds like a d***, since he couldn't score the kill he just waited for you to go afk or such.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I fail to see how this is a "rogue" situation. You just met a player who has a very odd way of playing the game.

I've met many a paladin who having failed at a gank attempt or had their lowbie quest giver killing brought to an end love to do the old "bubble>hearth".

In any case. Equally geared a rogue will not take you to 25% HP unless you completely fail to react. If he does take out a huge chunk of HP he got lucky with crits and probably popped trinkets, pots, engi gloves for a huge +agi bonus.

Survive that and he will hit like a wet haddock until CD's come back up.