Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Honestly, Malkorok is far to unknown of a character to be revealed being the main baddie of this expansion. Also, Garrosh was a tyrannical d-bag before he let the Blackrocks in.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Garrosh as a villain isn't compelling as it is, he'd be even less compelling if he were to just run away and roll with demons, which he's supposed to hate.
    2) Killing off heroes just for the sake of killing off heroes (or shock value) isn't what I consider good storytelling. I have nothing against killing off heroes, but it has to be done better than that.
    3) Malkorok being a demon would mean Tides of War makes no sense, what kind of demon has internal monologues and reminisces as if he's an orc?

Three reasons I don't feel it'd be a perfect ending. I can probably think of more but I'll leave it at that for now.

*Demolitionist Legoso brings the fury of the wintergrasp tanks to his doorstep!*

-SOMEONE DESTROY THOSE F****** TOWERS!
    -Oh yea see, I'm a Shaman AND a Demolition man! My parents thought I was too smart for just one profession. I also liked to blow stuff up.
    -*Legoso kills Garrosh and the Kor'kron with many explosives* "...Was the a lot easier than everyone expected? Or am I just going insane here? Why does it take you guys so long to bring these tyrannical bastards down!?

"That day, Demolitionist Legoso went down in history as a crazy, yet genius S.O.B. that made Azeroth think twice about how difficult it is just throwing a buncha guys at some huge evil enemy rather than just blowing it up with bombs and napalm..."
    Do not underestimate us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Malkorok is revealed to be a demon, Garrosh using some undisclosed and low tactic, kills Thrall and Vol'jin, then escapes with Malkorok and a large group of Orc followers with Kil'jaeden, and Garrosh will be seen in a future Expansion(s) forming his own twisted Horde and feature as antagonists in a way.
    just because Thrall is dead in your story, it's big YES for me.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Gotta love wow's community...

This is a thread about LORE. I'm tired of WoW's stupid lore. I want something new and different. This is something that will never happen in WoW.
    So I want it to end. So we all can move on to something new. Something less Thrallish, Alliancish, Draconish, Titanish.

And yet I still play. Because honestly no one have done raids better than WoW as of now. And I like raiding.

Is your mind blown already?
    yes, by enormous amount of stupidity in your post.

Garrosh staying as warchief would be the perfect end of MoP

I honestly think i would genuinely die of laughter if that happened

Something that involves Sylvanas killing Loth'remar and getting him installed as the (her puppet) head of the Horde as she plots the downfall of Azeroth would be a nice touch (tricking the Trolls/Taurens into it.. Goblins would support any money and to be frank I don't really care for them).

So one of those "Everything appears good but it's about to go horribly wrong" style endings.

And Moira perhaps marrying Anduin, I have no idea why but I'd like to see her gain some more storytime

Garrosh may be a stupid warmongering prick but wouldn't be stupid enough to run off with demons, he knows what they did to the horde and how his father died freeing the orcs. Yes he is too stupid to see he is basically making the same mistake now with the Sha but hes not so oblivious as to make the exact same mistake.

I am pro-Thrall dieing. It's not that I hate him I just think he needs to die for the story / the horde to move forward in new and more interesting ways.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ide rather we redeem Garrosh, I liked it when he was Thrall's pitbull.
    He was more like Thrall's embarrassing nephew he was always apologizing for.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ide rather we redeem Garrosh, I liked it when he was Thrall's pitbull.
    redemption for Garrosh can only come from him dying like his father for a noble reason.

Garrosh, like grom, has killed many people and in cold blood, and caused the orcs to follow his way of thinking. To much blood spilled because of him.
    Grom did the same thing, and the only way his could account for all the death be caused, was with self sacrifice.

So, your either going to have to accept Garrosh is a bad guy and he lives to carry on doing bad guy stuff, or he dies a noble death.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Gotta love wow's community...

This is a thread about LORE. I'm tired of WoW's stupid lore. I want something new and different. This is something that will never happen in WoW.
    So I want it to end. So we all can move on to something new. Something less Thrallish, Alliancish, Draconish, Titanish.

And yet I still play. Because honestly no one have done raids better than WoW as of now. And I like raiding.

Is your mind blown already?
    Haha, go play SWTOR mate if you like bad games.

OT: I would love to see a twist, And i really hope burning legion is next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the ending is, I hope it isn't: we kill Garrosh, loot his corpse (no good guys die) and we go on to the next big bad "boss". Tired of these brainless PG stories. I want some manipulation, some twist, some drama, some darkness. That being said, I won't hold my breath.

Warcraft's story was great during WCIII but apparently Metzen was in a "depression" when he wrote that, so he thinks everything he writes now (that he isn't in a depression) is somehow better.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    thumbs up if he survived so we have a well known villiain for the next expansion. he could for example pact with some pit lord to bring back teh curse of blood and the orcs to their former glory.
    ild also appreciate if the wow gets a bit darker. he could probably kill aggra and thralls baby on his way tearing him slightly into madness or at least rage.

Malkorok is revealed to be a demon, Garrosh using some undisclosed and low tactic, kills Thrall and Vol'jin, then escapes with Malkorok and a large group of Orc followers with Kil'jaeden, and Garrosh will be seen in a future Expansion(s) forming his own twisted Horde and feature as antagonists in a way.
    Would be cool, but who would be the new warchief?

REXXAR returns as Warchief. He got a bit of orc blood too, is a famous legendary hero and was there when orgrimmar was founded and etablished in the northern Kalimdor region.(wc3 horde campaign in the exp)
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-05-26 at 02:42 PM.

I actually like this ending, because its atleast not the same basic routine we've been experiencing over and over again.

I'm getting pretty tired of ''we fight our way to the bad guy, we reach and kill him, now wait for the next expansion TO DO THE EXACT THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN, just with a different setting and a different name for the villain''.

I'd like some variation, more twists and drama. Like Garrosh actually winning at the end, but he still loses his rank as warchief and gets kidnapped by the demons. Thrall must die, but I don't agree so much for Vol'jin to die. The trolls still need their leader, while the orcs can easily find a replacement (Saurfang is my guess).

But knowing Blizzard, Garrosh will just die a cheap death and Thrall gets all the praise. It'll be Cataclysm and Deathwing all over again

Lorewalker Cho: Tell them only that Garrosh Hellscream is dead...
    Lorewalker Cho: ...and that Game Balance died with him.

*Lorewalker Cho, Gorehowl and Resilience fade in the mists, becoming one with Pandaria*

Thrall / Varok / Vol'jin: What just happened?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I want a bad guy who isn't corrupt in some way by an outside force and I believe Garrosh is going to be exactly that. Here is my list of events I want to happen:

- Thrall is captured by Garrosh. While the Darkspear rebellion and the Alliance are preparing outside the gates of Orgrimmar, Thrall calls Garrosh out and the two take to the sands of the arena one final time to battle for the title of Warchief. Garrosh being the Orc he is would not refuse a challenge such as this.

- Thrall overwhelms Garrosh, breaking Gorehowl in two. He's much stronger than he used to be after all and just as victory is in his grasp... Thrall refuses to kill Garrosh. He'd say something along the lines of "I won't watch another Hellscream die, you are defeated Garrosh. You shall live with your shame." - Thrall turns his back on the angered Garrosh, dropping the doomhammer to floor in exhaustion and it's the last mistake he makes. Garrosh charges the ol' Warchief from behind, lifting Doomhammer in his stride and strikes him down with his own weapon. "That's what made you such a weak Warchief, you wouldn't do what is necessary for the Horde." are his last words to Thrall.

- As the Alliance and Darkspear gather outside, Garrosh appears on the wall above the main Orgrimmar gates. "Let this serve as a warning to all who would oppose the Horde!" Varian and Vol'jin look on in shock as Thrall's body is tossed from the wall down in front of the readying siege by two Kor'kron grunts, followed by Doomhammer landing beside him. Aggra rushes to his body and tearfully whispers to the dead Warchief. Garrosh disappears from the wall laughing and barking orders at his Kor'kron guards to prepare for the defense of the capital.

- Vol'jin puts a hand on Aggra's shoulder comforting her, he intends to keep the promise of looking after the widow and son of Thrall. He would watch over the young Orc for the forseeable future, like some kind of Obi-wan Kenobi figure to Luke Skywalker, preparing him for great things in the future! He turns to the armies of the rebellion and is joined by Varian who both make inspirational speeches to their forces, riling them up!

- Garrosh expects that the death of Thrall would break the rebellion. He's is mistaken. It fires them up even more and the advance on Orgrimmar begins.

... I'm still thinking about how Garrosh would meet his end, but if ANY of the above happened I'd be one happy goblin!

10+ Year Old Account
    People want Thrall to die, even when this is his horde we're anot now fighting for, him who brought the horde together, and now him who's prepared to put his life on the line for the sake of his horde.

Really, you people need a morality check.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    People want Thrall to die, even when this is his horde we're anot now fighting for, him who brought the horde together, and now him who's prepared to put his life on the line for the sake of his horde.

Really, you people need a morality check.
    I think people don't hate the character per say, but just the way he was force fed to us in Cataclysm. Aggra for example is a nobody just forced into the story, so I don't really care about her, but Thrall is someone I remember standing tall with Grom in Demon's Fall Canyon when Grom defeated Mannoroth. Thrall was the only real diplomat in the Horde as far as leaders go, and actually cares about the safety of his people. I'm okay with Thrall going all Shaman and even having a kid, but Cataclysm was just.. atrocious, and people are probably just sick of the forced writing.
    --------------------------------
    As far as the story goes, I'd rather see Thrall support the siege on Org, not be the main contender to stop Garrosh. That should be Vol'jin's bag.

Ugg, I'd still really REALLY like to see side characters or actual leaders be important sometimes, much like Neville Longbottom was in Harry Potter. Demolitionist Legoso hears about the collaborative siege on Orgrimmar and decides to bring a contingent of bombadiers and vehicles to the fray, Her Tallness Boss Mida escapes Org and manages to get her goblins to help siege and loot the city, King Varian shows up has a verbal squall with Thrall, telling him that it's his fault for leaving that monster in charge, that he himself (Varian) will take the head of the warmonger and charges in with a small but highly skilled crew of paladins, knights and warriors, etc.
    Last edited by LTCrystallite; 2013-05-26 at 03:32 PM.
    Do not underestimate us.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    This would be most shitty and cliche ending ever. Can I PLEASE have villain that is just driven by his own desire just ONCE in a while, please?
    This. Just this.