Deleted

Sha of Fear 10H strategy

Hi,
    our guild were thinking of trying Sha of Fear 10H but couldn't find many guides on it online. And seeing as 5.2/3 would change a lot of things, we'd like to ask a couple questions regarding strategy

- i understand the first try you get him to ~50% to get the buff - would we just lust and do it like normal then wipe to get it?

- how tight would the enrage be?

- how hard is it on healers? (2 or 3 heals?)

- is there any easy way (ie macros) to deal with the ball tossing?

Thanks

For your first pull you want to find the centre of the room in phase 2.
    Well ideally you want to lust on the pull and then lust on execute phase in phase 2.
    The enrage resets once sha hits phase two, it shouldn't be tight at all in throne of thunder raid gear.

I two healed it, but the DPS req isn't that high now.

For the macros, I'd use

/tar (Player)
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlastarget

Deleted
    You'll always want to lust at the start because atleast when we did it in little bit over 500 ilvl gear we got 3 lusts during the fight (one at start of p1, second at start of p2 and third somewhere around 10-20% boss hp) and everyone gets to nuke the boss if you lust at the start. (sated is removed and cooldowns reset when you enter p2). No need to wipe once you get to p2, the buff is only active in p1 so you can safely practice p2 on that try too.

I don't even remember if there is a hard enrage timer, but your main concern in p1 will be burning the pandas in time and dodging all the bolts the adds throw (assuming here you are going to ignore them as we did). In p2 you are just going to be overwhelmed with adds if you don't kill him around the first or second seven add wave which would be about 12 minutes into p2 if I remember correctly. So no, don't worry about enrage timers.

Definitely two healers, otherwise you are getting 3 dps, 1 heals and tank to platforms in one group and 2 dps, 2 heals and tank in the other and you don't want that. The healing isn't too hard anyway atleast according to our healers but disc priest is again really good in this fight.

As far as I know, our group handled tossing with mouseover macros, I'm not sure though since I play a tank so I didnt touch the ball after I threw it to a healer at the start of p2. I'm not very good with macros so someone else hopefully can help you with that.

Hopefully I helped atleast a little, it's been quite sometime since we downed him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post
    For your first pull you want to find the centre of the room in phase 2.
    Well ideally you want to lust on the pull and then lust on execute phase in phase 2.
    The enrage resets once sha hits phase two, it shouldn't be tight at all in throne of thunder raid gear.

I two healed it, but the DPS req isn't that high now.

For the macros, I'd use

/tar (Player)
    /targetlastarget
    ok, thanks, any other tips?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post
    For the macros, I'd use

/tar (Player)
    /targetlastarget
    Specific target macro propably isn't very good for ball tossing since you won't always be tossing the ball to the same person. Atleast we broke huddles by throwing the ball at them so the targets would differ atleast a bit at every huddle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest 2 healing, but damage in phase 2 can be spiky and it's possible to 3 heal with current ToT ilvl gear so more room for error in p2. (in phase 1, he always picks 1 heal, 1 tank, 3 dps to a panda platform if possible no matter how many healers/tanks you have)

Designate 3 people (2 healer + 1 dps) for bouncing the ball. Arrange a triangle behind the boss where the ball catchers would stand, they should be around 30 yards from each other. That way, you can make sure at least one healer isn't affected by huddle. Each person in the triangle needs to set up 2 macros, one for each direction. We find it easiest to learn with only 3 people ever have to worry about tossing the ball. When one of the add is about to get to melee range of the person with ball, just toss it to the person in the triangle that is furthest away from the add. The reason we need 3 people bouncing is because adds wouldn't converge properly in the later part of the fight when there are many of them.
    Last edited by Berianther; 2013-05-26 at 02:56 PM.

Heres the strat I wrote for our guild when we were working on it

Sha Strat