Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think there is an Angelic race/world in Warcraft?

While there are the Demon's who are evil, although some act neutral. And there are Naaru, which are embodiment's of the Light.

There are some "beings" which have made appearances through Warcraft and WoW, including the GoAK that Paladins summon, Spirit Healers, and the angelic being that paladins summon in W3 to resurrect allies. There are also paintings on the roof of Wyrmrest that display 4 angels, or again angelic beings. Wyrmrest being a Titan structure built for the Aspects. Although questionable if the Titans painted the roof, or if the Dragons redecorated.

Priests can also become or channel Light to become archangel's for a short amount of time. Or in the case of Shadow Priests, Dark Archangels with the glyph. And why would a priest have angelic wings if no angels exist in Warcraft. Just food for thought.

And some references to seraphs: http://www.wowhead.com/item=23014# and http://www.wowhead.com/item=23014# being the two main ones, although there is what I presume to be a whole bunch of Priest Scroll of Resurrection gear listed on Wowhead.

I know, they are just ingame spells and effects, most likely associated with the Light based classes because they are likened to the thought of Angels and Heaven (Trying VERY hard not to make this into a post for religious arguement).

TL;DR -

But, do you think there is an "Angelic" race/world in Warcraft?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    While there are the Demon's who are evil, although some act neutral. And there are Naaru, which are embodiment's of the Light.

There are some "beings" which have made appearances through Warcraft and WoW, including the GoAK that Paladins summon, Spirit Healers, and the angelic being that paladins summon in W3 to resurrect allies. There are also paintings on the roof of Wyrmrest that display 4 angels, or again angelic beings. Wyrmrest being a Titan structure built for the Aspects. Although questionable if the Titans painted the roof, or if the Dragons redecorated.

Priests can also become or channel Light to become archangel's for a short amount of time. Or in the case of Shadow Priests, Dark Archangels with the glyph. And why would a priest have angelic wings if no angels exist in Warcraft. Just food for thought.

And some references to seraphs: http://www.wowhead.com/item=23014# and http://www.wowhead.com/item=23014# being the two main ones, although there is what I presume to be a whole bunch of Priest Scroll of Resurrection gear listed on Wowhead.

I know, they are just ingame spells and effects, most likely associated with the Light based classes because they are likened to the thought of Angels and Heaven (Trying VERY hard not to make this into a post for religious arguement).

TL;DR -

But, do you think there is an "Angelic" race/world in Warcraft?
    As you yourself said, it is hinted at a lot throughout the game. But who knows, could be that Blizz just made angels and stuff to relate to real life where angels is often related to the light. Nobody will know before they are introduced.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    northrend valkyr are similar

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    After all that "new age" bullshit pandaren gave us, i really hope there isnt any more "good" races in uniwerse.
    "I will give you an important lesson on how to become better person DURRRRRRRRR" - God, just shot me.

there are the spirit healers. they are actual in-lore beings, not just game mechanics, since there is a quest that involves a named spirit healer (anara)

also: I'm noticing a funny tendency for blue dragons to fall in love for non-draconic people lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Is it not the Naaru? Fair enough they look more like letters than Angels but they are servants of the Light and during their life cycles they periodically "fall" as well becoming agents of the Void.

Valkyr are Valkyries, they do exactly what Valkyries do in that they have no affinity for the Light, they simply ascend the worthy fallen to Valhalla or in WoW's case ascend them to Undeath. They look like Angels but they are nothing to do with Angels.

Deleted
    I dont think so, in the warcraft universe chaotic is evil and order is good, so the opposite of the demons would be the titans, not angels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naaru and draenei are likely the closest we'll get. Can't see them cramming in yet another holier than thou race.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Are the spirit healers and valkyr not good enough for you?

incoming tyrael to save the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a couple of people have already said, the Naaru is as close as you're likely to get to the concept of angels in the WoW universe today. That can change at any time of course. Naaru fit rather closely with one traditional definition of an angel as a celestial being who acts as an intermediary between the heavens and 'earth'. Can they be defined as a race? I don't know.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Wouldn't that be the Titans? Or are they not 'angelic' enough?

I always assumed that the 'Holy magic stuff' came from Tyr.
    TYR

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    incoming tyrael to save the day.
    AEL

it all makes sense now! glory to the high heavens!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are numerous angelic paintings in titanic structures, including Wyrmrest and inside Ulduar.

There are also the spirit healers which appear to be benevolent angelic beings, and, seeing as they haven't much been explicated on, you could always go with the Naaru.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Wouldn't that be the Titans? Or are they not 'angelic' enough?

I always assumed that the 'Holy magic stuff' came from Tyr.
    Titans value order, they don't care about Light or Good or Evil AFAIK.

Naaru are as close to Angelic as I can think, with Draenei as their little lower ranked buddies.

Valkyr have wings, but aren't associated with the Light or goodness in Warcraft. Spirit Healers are far, far closer, but like the Titans they don't have any preference - both "good" and "evil" benefit from their presence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Titans value order, they don't care about Light or Good or Evil AFAIK.

Naaru are as close to Angelic as I can think, with Draenei as their little lower ranked buddies.

Valkyr have wings, but aren't associated with the Light or goodness in Warcraft. Spirit Healers are far, far closer, but like the Titans they don't have any preference - both "good" and "evil" benefit from their presence.
    The titans did empower watchers (specifically, temple guardian Anhuur) in the halls of origination with the ability to use Holy Magic
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The titans did empower watchers (specifically, temple guardian Anhuur) in the halls of origination with the ability to use Holy Magic
    Somehow that doesn't seem "strong" enough to me to weigh them in as Angelic, though. That may well simply be real life religious insistence at how Angels "would" work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd call the Titans the "Makers" of the Warcraft universe, but they haven't actually made anything afaik. They just rocked up to planets and shaped them.

And omg, Tyr sounds amazing (just read up on him).
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-05-26 at 04:08 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there isn't an angelic race in WoW.
    It's enough cliche already with werewolves and vampires.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the Naaru are the angelic race and things such as GoAK and Archangel are no more than constructs created from the Light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    First thing I thought when I read the title was Naaru but if you already covered that then I don't know.