Page 1 of 39
... LastLast

New Expansion - Rise of the Legion

Rise of the Legion

Lost in Translation Update

This was originally a thread to draw up some stuff you think we might see in the next expansion, but a Chinese gold farming site saw the images and the context was lost in translation. They thought it was concept art leaks (which it clearly isn't). Mass trolling ensued:

Threads here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-of-the-Legion

Others:

Rise of the Legion on Reddit
    Rise of the Legion on Gamebreaker.tv

There were actually a few videos that popped up (not put together by me)

And I'm actually 99% certain Metzen was talking about Rise of the Legion here (7:50):

---------------- The Original Topic ----------------

Note: The original images are broken links due to me moving my website hosting but you can see them all in the videos and some of the links above.

World of Warcraft Expansion #5: Rise of the Legion

I think the 10th anniversary of WoW will bring us back to the games roots in Warcraft 3. Dreadlords and the legion will return!

Rise of the Legion: NEW RACES

The alliance give their Draenei members lead on their new expeditions to Outland. The Draenei are able to ignite a new alliance with a long-time, friendly faction... the Arakkoa.

The horde have been splintered after the events following the fall of Garrosh Hellscream. An old horde champion returns to his people with great wisdom and strength he has acquired during his travels. Rexxar, the half-Ogre, half-Orc takes up the Warchief mantle and uses his heritage to forge allegiances to bring the horde..... the Ogres.

Rise of the Legion: FOURTH SPEC

With the rise of the burning legion, the great champions of Azeroth expand their expertise with new studies and training. All heroes gain eligibility for a... 4th specialization.

Death Knight: Hellfire.
    Death Knights’ new affinity to fire has drawn some suspicion. Some mages brought forth a simple explanation that appears to be now widely accepted. During a mage’s education, learning how to control the powers of Frost requires the same basic training to that of fire, so it’s not surprising they are expanding into new disciplines. However, Death Knights claim they aren’t trying to learn anything new, but rather this ability is “burning from within”. Representatives of the Ebon Blade support these claims and say the only way they can receive new power is through the will of the Lich King, who is dead. Tirion Fordring on the subject “No comment”
    Also: Frost runes converted to hell runes. Blood plague converted to burning blood. (Not boiling, son)

Druid: N/A
    Druids being great oracles of wisdom have already expanded their knowledge into four specializations!

Hunter: Primal.
    Rexxar melee stuff. Uses spirit animal buffs.

Mage: Summoner.
    Great advancements have been made amongst the mage community. Master wizards can now summon much greater objects than food and water. Conjuration focused mages can now summon monsters and beasts as well as armor and weapons for themselves and their allies. Think Naxx spirit swords and stuff. Plus they can summon raid members now so you don't have to always bring a warlock.

Monk: Firedancer.
    Monk spec built off the 4th August Celestial, Chi-Ji, the guardian of hope. These monks use the fire of spirit and zeal to deal ranged magical damage to their opponents. They use chants and poetry to call the flame.

Paladin: Zeal.
    Ranged holy dps, Shockadin. Obv. Shield + 1h spell sword.

Priest: Domination.
    Dark priest that uses shadow spells but also disperses into a mist and enters bodies of a host and takes control of them. 2 holy specs, need 2 shadow. That's just balance, man.

Rogue: Dark Ranger.
    Ranged dps spec. There's gotta be more people who use bows and guns than just Hunters. I also think another spec might get an overhaul since all the rogue specs are kinda the same. Delete 'Combat' spec. Give us 'Vampirism' or 'Dreadblade' that leeches life. Lore: We gotz bit by a dread lord. Throw us WC3 Spirit of Vengeance for this spec too please.

Shaman: Earthwarden.
    Tank spec that's pretty much there already. Uses 1h and shield + earth shields and rockbiter. Uses tectonic magic, earth and magma as well.

Warlock: Necromancy.
    Changes summons into skeletons, aboms, skeleton mages and leeches life. Blood magic.
    Also: Demonology becomes tank spec.

Warrior: Blademaster.
    Give this spec DW 1hs and make it based off haste. Add WC3 Windwalk short duration buff = gold.
    Also: Fury is DW 2h only, loses single-minded fury.

NEW CLASS = TINKER
    Horde races: Undead, Belf, Gob, Orc
    Ally races: Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei

Robotics (tank)
    Chemistry (heals)
    Augmentation (melee dps)
    Pyrotechnics - or Explosives, Demolition (ranged dps)

Rise of the Legion: TIER 17 SETS

Warlock T17 Complete
    Amalgamation of Tortured Subjects

Priest T17 Complete
    Coils of Possession

Rogue T17 Complete
    [B]Shroud of the Raven

Warrior T17 Complete
    Tojara's Decree of Blood

Hunter T17 Complete
    Carapace of the Scorpion King

DK T17 WIP
    Carapace of the Iron Gargoyle

Update #1

WIP Dreadlord color illustration
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2016-04-03 at 11:22 PM.

Both Alliance and Horde have slaughtered countless Arrakoa and Ogres in the past so this just seems dumb to me.

Deleted
    New warchief Rexxar to tie in the new ogre race for horde and High Elves for Alliance which with tie in with the return of Alleria and spark a sub story of rival sisters: Sylvannas vs Alleria.

(Just my opinion/personal bet)

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Both Alliance and Horde have slaughtered countless Arrakoa and Ogres in the past so this just seems dumb to me.
    Horde have also killed many, many trolls. Alliance have killed a lot of humans. There are separate factions in each race.

There are plenty of Arakkoa and Ogres who are at least neutral to Horde and Alliance and could easily be converted. Dustwallow Ogres, Ogrila, plenty of random Ogre NPCs. Then think about all of the Arakkoa quest givers in the Auchindoun area. Not to mention it's said that Arakkoa respect the Draenei, who are among the alliance.

Deleted
    Looks cool, though I'm not sure about us going back to outland.

Well, why not of course, but who knows what Blizzard has in store. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    And in the past both have also slaughter countless goblins and worgen but we still got those.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the idea, but like whats been said. Who knows whats in store!

Some people don't seem to know the meaning of definite. >.<
    Very nice drawings though, would love to roll an Arakkoa mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, i like the logo!

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 06:17 PM ----------

Fits the icon x)
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2013-05-26 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    My prediction for the next expansion is WoW: Deathwings Revenge. Wouldn't that be cool?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they decide for new races i hope it'll be

Centaurs for the horde

Keeper of the grove/dryads for the alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Damn, i like the logo!

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 06:17 PM ----------

Fits the icon x)
    Wow I love that pic. I need to Photoshop the logo on that screenshot lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    If they decide for new races i hope it'll be

Centaurs for the horde

Keeper of the grove/dryads for the alliance

blizzard has stated in interviews tons of times that creatures with more then 2 legs won't be a race, due alot of reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    End of MOP
    • • Garrosh is freed from the influence of the seventh Sha; his life is spared and he is being exiled from the Horde as the new leader of the Dark Horde
    • • Vol'jin becomes new Warchief of the Horde
    • • Dalaran lands in Dustwallow Marsh, replacing Theramore

Possibility of expansion 1

Subject: The Burning Legion aims to get rid of the remains of Outland and prepare its entry into Azeroth

New content: 5 new levels, new models, path of the Titans

Areas: Outland: remodeled old areas + new areas

New race for the Horde: Rexxar becomes the racial leader of the new race of the Horde: ogres

New race for the Alliance: The High Elves officially joined the Alliance taking home in Greenwood and Alleria as their leader

New hero class: The Demon Hunter

Reinforcements for the Alliance: Turalyon and the silver hand return to the Alliance

Reinforcements for the Horde: Rastakhan and his faithful Zandalari joined the Horde

Conflict: BG: High Elves + human against blood elves + forsaken; PVP zone: Dustwallow Marsh

Factions: Sons of Lothar, Reformed Kor'kron, recreation of the Council of Tirisfal

Possibility of expansion 2

Subject: The revenge of Azshara

New content: Restructuring of levels, 5 new levels, some new specializations

Areas: New underwater continent: domains of Azshara and new areas of Azeroth (the islands of the South Seas)

New neutral race: Rebel Naga

New class: The Tinker

Reinforcements for the Alliance: Kul Tiras

Reinforcements for the Horde: Kezan

Conflict: Naval BG: Golden Fleet of the zandalari against the armada of Kul Tiras

Factions: Pirates of the South Seas

Possibility of expansion 3

Subject: The Emerald Dream and the end of the old gods

New content: 5 new levels, some new specializations

Areas: New continent: the Emerald Dream

New race for the Alliance: Furbolgs

New race for the Horde: Unknown race

New hero class: The Dragonsworn

Reinforcements for the Alliance: Stromgarde

Reinforcements for the Horde: Alterac

Possibility of expansion 4

Subject: The Spider Kingdom

New content: 5 new levels, last new specializations

Areas: the complete Azjol'nerub and an updated Northrend

New class: Necromancers

Reinforcements for the Horde: The return of Gul'dan and the Council of Shadows

Reinforcements for the Alliance: The Queen Calia appearance and the foundation of new Lordaeron

Factions: The new scourge of Bolvar

Possibility of expansion 5

Subject: The end of the Burning Legion and WoW

Areas: Argus
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-05-26 at 10:10 PM.

Boom rise of the legion login!

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone seems to be guessing Emerald Dream or Burning Legion.

I think Blizzard will surprise us.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Ho, we have a challenger today.

World of Warcraft: The Titan Moon

Level cap raised to 95.

New Alliance Race: Broken.
    Starting Zone - Instanced Nagrand
    Capital - Shattrath
    Classes - Warrior, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Hunter, Monk

New Horde Race: Ogre.
    Starting Area - Instanced Blades Edge
    Capital - Ogri'la
    Classes - Warrior, Mage, Warlock, Priest, Shaman, Hunter, Death Knight

New continent: The Blue Child

Outland Quest Revamp
    Not a full continent rebuild like Cata did.

Clan/House System
    Alternate advancement for your main and alts designed after ToR's legacy system.

Guild Halls

For those wondering where my beloved Demon Hunter is, the following expansion is Argus. With Demon hunter.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

At least to me, an expansion involving the return of the Burning Legion or Azshara and N'Zoth would make the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Rogue: Deadeye.
    Ranged dps spec. There's gotta be more people who use bows and guns than just Hunters. I also think another spec might get an overhaul since all the rogue specs are kinda the same. Delete 'Combat' spec. Give us 'Vampirism' or 'Dreadblade' that leeches life. Lore: We gotz bit by a dread lord. Throw us WC3 Spirit of Vengeance for this spec too please.
    So rework the specs of a class whose specs are all samey by deleting the one that's the most different from the other two? Also, Dreadlords aren't vampires. They're demons with vampiric powers, yes, but they're not 'contagious' in the way vampires are. i.e. getting bit by one would most likely result in you being dead more than anything else.

I predict a 3rd faction and all the races become neutral. Jaina Proudmoore will be the leader of this new faction. It makes sense. A revolution usually ends up with someone forging their own faction.