Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    -Fire magic for DK's? Please. DK's deal with frost and unholy powers, not fire. This idea is as dumb as those suggestions to make a new spec for healing for DK's. Yuck.

It's not unprecedented.

Deleted
    Unfortunately the next expansion will be the first WoW game I won't be buying, however all the best

i predict more subs drop

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Didn't even think about that.

Anyways the guy you quoted probably didn't read my post. For the hellfire part I hinted at the power over fire coming from the new lich king, Bolvar.

Is this leaked? Or fake? If this is real, just reading about the Tinker gets me all warm and fuzzy on the inside

Quote Originally Posted by vitalitymn View Post
    Is this leaked? Or fake? If this is real, just reading about the Tinker gets me all warm and fuzzy on the inside
    Fan-created fake expansion. But I'll take it as a compliment that you thought it was a real leak. :P
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-06-07 at 08:08 PM.

I'd love to see 4th spec especially Zealotry for Pally's sounds awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see this that fan-made Spider Kingdom Expansion. Some great idea and it looks pretty solid, as well as dark-themed which i like it. I feel it's just isn't time for a Burning Legion yet

10+ Year Old Account
    While I know Wrathion etc have hinted at what appears to be the Burning Legion's return, I have a theory about a possible fifth expansion to set the stage first, so to speak. After the stuff going down between the horde and alliance in Pandaria, there is no way we would recuperate following Garrosh's defeat in time to face off against the Legion so soon. Instead, here is my guess at what's coming (I am willing to put money on this or something close to it being in expansion 5):

"World of Warcraft: Call of the Abyss"

Following the defeat of Garrosh and his Kor'kron horde, talk of peace has finally resumed between the Alliance and the Horde. Wrathion's grave warnings regarding Azeroth's future have begun to spread, and many of the world's denizens begin to feel a darkness approaching. Deep below the surface of Azeroth's swirling Maelstrom, something stirs...

Queen Azshara has made her presence known after millenia spent beneath the seas. Nazjatar, the sunken city and home of the Naga, has risen from the depths, sending forth the horrors of the Abyss into an already-fragile world. When Queen Azshara first attempted to summon the Burning Legion into Azeroth ten millenia ago, the Old Gods secretly wished to sow chaos and dissent, to assure a Legion victory. They would have then risen to corrupt the Legion, and eventually its dark lord Sargeras. With the shadow of the Legion again falling upon Azeroth, The Old Gods and Azshara have awakened to "prepare" the world for its arrival, and to secure many ancient and terrible locations such as the fabled Tomb of Sargeras, in order to preemptively cripple Azeroth's mortal defenders.

Following Azshara's defeat at the hands of Azeroth's guardians and the ancients of the Emerald Dream in the War of the Ancients 10,000 years ago, she was left to brood, plan, and prepare beneath the waters. Given her experience with the druids and their ancients, she and her Old God's minions preemptively sabotaged the Dream with their Emerald Nightmare, hoping to claim its power for their own. Much of Nazjatar is phased between the Dream and terrestrial Azeroth as a result.

Neptulon, lord of the Abyssal Maw, has once again called to the mortals of Azeroth for aid against Azshara's forces, who seek dominion over his realm in their unending conquest.

Malfurion and Tyrande, along with their Ancients, have again allied themselves with the Alliance and Horde in this new fight, but an old foe has been reborn from the raging energies of the Dream: Illidan Stormrage.

Seeking not power nor control, Illidan has come to our aid, having himself witnessed the War of the Ancients firsthand, now wishing to finally make his amends with the world, and repent for his crimes. Maiev, one his most passionate rivals, seeks to reveal what she believes to be his greatest treachery yet, and destroy him once and for all. She, along with Malfurion, Tyrande, and countless others find themselves torn between distrust, necessity, and hope in Illidan's return. This could even reignite a saucy love triangle between Malfurion, Tyrande, and Illidan.

Wrathion, interested in seeing if Azeroth's defenders can finally put aside their hatred and distrust, has begun observing from the shadows and aiding the most brave adventurers once more, for if we cannot learn to stand together now, there will be no hope in standing against the inevitable shadow of the Legion.

Features:
    • New landmass of Nazjatar (8 or so zones), risen from the sea surrounding and containing the Maelstrom (maps from Cata can be changed to reflect this). Parts are still submerged, others merged with Azshara's horrific vision of the Emerald Dream, but all are dripping with the terrors of the newly awakened Abyss
    • Increased level cap to 100
    • No new classes (Pandaria gave us one, that's enough for now), but possibly a new neutral race (A splinter faction of naga, mayhaps)
    • A new hub city a la Shattrath and Dalaran, as the Alliance and Horde practice their teamwork (Perhaps a pvp zone could be tied to this hub, since scuffles would be likely given the history between our two factions)
    • More than one tier of raid content at release. Even if their availability is staggered, it still creates a feeling of more content (this philosophy also works for ten levels instead of five. Even if the time to level is equal to cata/mists launch, having ten levels and more zones feels more satisfying, imo)
    • No all-underwater zones, but maybe more submerged areas within zones. This, and a submerged area in the hub city will allow for players to attain, and actually use, more aquatic mounts
    • The Tomb of Sargeras (conveniently located in the sea) will be important, and involve something to toact as a segue into expansion 6. Maybe Azshara wants something of value there, and in doing so allows the Legion to access Azeroth (since they always seem to have issues doing that on their own)

Small Expansion 6 Blurb:
    Azshara's defeat will (ideally) secure Azeroth against the coming invasion, where we will be free to take the fight to the Legion preemptively via a revamped Outland, or at least new lands beyond Outland's portals, in expansion 6. Illidan's return will also allow for the training of a new league of Demon Hunters to aid in this first strike, so we can get that new class everyone seems to want (just not in expansion 5).

Edits: Fixed some grammar, typing on a tablet blows... Also redid some of the story section based on discussion from later in this thread
    Last edited by Abraxan; 2013-06-09 at 07:13 PM.

@Leper C

I like it. After reading your ideas and a few others in this thread, I think I'm slowly being sold on the fact that there has to be one more expansion with Azshara and the Seas before the Legion come. The only thing that still keeps me on the Legion side is that this will be WoW's 10th anniversary. It just seems like a Legion expansion is meant to be.

Either way as long as we get back to some old school villains I think I'll be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Would be on Xoroth or something. There's a lot more to Outland than what we got in the Burning Crusade. I have no interest in the Emerald Dream but more Nerubian stuff I would be all over.
    Out of topic question, but do you by any chance have a concept art of Y'Shaarj? If so will you be able to link it to me? Thank you and you're concepts arts are all amazing! You have some talent there!
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

I think it's pretty obvious for a couple things coming in the next expansion. First off is that blizzard is going to keep it 5 level increments from now on, to slow the roll to 100 with the Titan project pushed back. I don't think they will do two new races. I think the new race change in this expansion will be better models instead of a new race. That being said they will have to keep some new thing with classes going to keep things interesting. A fourth spec would be interesting.

Now going into the direction, I think that it'll have to push towards the burning legion. I have no exact source but I believe that they have said in the past Sargeras would be the final raid boss for level 100 content. (Please don't crucify me for saying that, it is just what I have heard.) So this next expansion in my opinion will have to push into us taking the fight to the burning legion. Not straight into their territory, but possibly some in between world that we are going to use as a foothold to connect us to their realm. Also, I think taking down the burning legion is going to be our stepping stone towards accumulating the power to take out the Old Gods and claim the realm of Azeroth under complete mortal control. (The Titans giving us complete control over our own planet and possible even more power than that.)

I'm excited to see where it leads but until I see some info about it that is all that I have to input at the moment. Good topic though and I hope we get even more good ideas to keep it going and possibly guess points before Blizzcon.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have way too much free time on your hands.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Leper C View Post
    While I know Wrathion etc have hinted at what appears to be the Burning Legion's return, I have a theory about a possible fifth expansion to set the stage first, so to speak. After the stuff going down between the horde and alliance in Pandaria, there is no way we would recuperate following Garrosh's defeat in time to face off against the Legion so soon. Instead, here is my guess at what's coming (I am willing to put money on this or something close to it being in expansion 5):

"World of Warcraft: Call of the Abyss"

Following the defeat of Garrosh and his Kor'kron horde, talk of peace has finally resumed between the Alliance and the Horde. Wrathion's grave warnings regarding Azeroth's future have begun to spread, and many of the world's denizens begin to feel a darkness approaching. Deep below the surface of Azeroth's swirling Maelstrom, something stirs...

Queen Azshara has made her presence known after millenia spent beneath the seas. Nazjatar, the sunken city and home of the Naga, has risen from the depths, sending forth the horrors of the Abyss into an already-fragile world. Seeking not to destroy Azeroth, but to unite it beneath her scaly fist, Azshara (and her Old God master(s)) believe they are the only hope of defending their planet against the coming of the Legion.

Following Azshara's defeat at the hands of Azeroth's guardians and the ancients of the Emerald Dream in the War of the Ancients 10,000 years ago, she was left to brood, plan, and prepare beneath the waters. Given her experience with the druids and their ancients, she and her Old God's minions preemptively sabotaged the Dream with their Emerald Nightmare, hoping to claim its power for their own. Much of Nazjatar is phased between the Dream and terrestrial Azeroth as a result.

Neptulon, lord of the Abyssal Maw, has once again called to the mortals of Azeroth for aid against Azshara's forces, who seek dominion over his realm in their unending conquest.

Malfurion and Tyrande, along with their Ancients, have again allied themselves with the Alliance and Horde in this new fight, but an old foe has been reborn from the raging energies of the Dream: Illidan Stormrage.

Seeking not power nor control, Illidan has come to our aid, having himself witnessed the War of the Ancients firsthand, now wishing to finally make his amends with the world, and repent for his crimes. Maiev, one his greatest rivals, seeks to reveal what she believes to be his greatest treachery yet, and destroy him once and for all. Malfurion, Tyrande, Maiev, and countless others find themselves torn between distrust and necessity in Illidan's return. This could even reignite a saucy love triangle between Malfurion, Tyrande, and Illidan.

Wrathion, interested in seeing if Azeroth's defenders can finally put aside their hatred and distrust, has begun observing from the shadows and aiding the most brave adventurers once more, for if we cannot learn to stand together now, there will be no hope in standing against the inevitable shadow of the Legion.

Features:
    • New landmass of Nazjatar (8 or so zones), risen from the sea surrounding and containing the Maelstrom (maps from Cata can be changed to reflect this). Parts are still submerged, others merged with Azshara's horrific vision of the Emerald Dream, but all are dripping with the terrors of the newly awakened Abyss
    • Increased level cap to 100
    • No new classes (Pandaria gave us one, that's enough for now), but possibly a new neutral race (A splinter faction of naga, mayhaps)
    • A new hub city a la Shattrath and Dalaran, as the Alliance and Horde practice their teamwork (Perhaps a pvp zone could be tied to this hub, since scuffles would be likely given the history between our two factions)
    • More than one tier of raid content at release. Even if their availability is staggered, it still creates a feeling of more content (this philosophy also works for ten levels instead of five. Even if the time to level is equal to cata/mists launch, having ten levels and more zones feels more satisfying, imo)
    • No all-underwater zones, but maybe more submerged areas within zones. This, and a submerged area in the hub city will allow for players to attain, and actually use, more aquatic mounts
    • The Tomb of Sargeras (conveniently located in the sea) will be important, and involve something to toact as a segue into expansion 6. Maybe Azshara wants something of value there, but in doing so unwittingly allows the Legion to access Azeroth (since they always seem to have issues doing that on their own)

Small Expansion 6 Blurb:
    Azshara's defeat will (ideally) secure Azeroth against the coming invasion, where we will be free to take the fight to the Legion preemptively via a revamped Outland, or at least new lands beyond Outland's portals, in expansion 6. Illidan's return will also allow for the training of a new league of Demon Hunters to aid in this first strike, so we can get that new class everyone seems to want (just not in expansion 5).

Edits: Fixed some grammar, typing on a tablet blows...
    Really great and detailed, though one error I found. The Old Gods wouldn't want to help prevent the upcoming Legion attack but rather try to pressure it to happen. With the arrival of the Legion, it might cause enough damage to set free the Old Gods, and with the Old gods being unleashed and released from their prisons they would have the capability of taking over the whole Legion and defeating Sargeras. That was their initial plan during the War of the Ancients.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, yeah I have not been as heavily into lore as I used to be, so I must have forgotten that. How about, Azshara and her "masters" rise from the depths to secure the Tomb of Sargeras, and usher in a legion invasion (for the aforementioned reason of the legion being incapable of invading without an invitation), which would lead to their freedom if the legion defeat the mortals. I guess the old god corruption could play into the challenges in establishing a peace between the Alliance and Horde, with Azshara attempting to "softrn us up" for an easy Legion victory. We stop Azshara at the end of the expansion, but the tomb gets opened and the Legion take advantage of whatever the tomb can do (blizz can easily make up some lore regarding the tomb's power), so we end up with a Legion invasion, but could still do a preemptive Outland portal vacation to sabotage the invasion force.

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 10:29 PM ----------

I also have a feeling that, since the addition of Draenei in TBC eliminated the lore of Sargeras being corrupted by the Eredar, blizzard is going to say that he was corrupted by the Old Gods around the universe during his travels as the Pantheon's champion. The goal of the legion to sow chaos seems to mesh with the Old Gods imo

If the next expansion isn't legion based i'm gonna be pissed. This game needs to get back to its roots in a bad way.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean its roots of Orcs fighting Humans? Or WoW's origins specifically, which were basically horde vs alliance with dragons, trolls, an old god, and an undead wc3 character for raid bosses? Even the burning crusade, our supposed legion expansion, featured very little legion-story advancement

Edit: Forgot about sunwell, which really seemed like an afterthought storywise, with the focus on illidan and his posse throughout the majority of the expansion
    Last edited by Abraxan; 2013-06-08 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    If the next expansion isn't legion based i'm gonna be pissed. This game needs to get back to its roots in a bad way.
    Back to it's roots? It's roots is Orcs vs. Humans.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Leper C View Post
    You mean its roots of Orcs fighting Humans? Or WoW's origins specifically, which were basically horde vs alliance with dragons, trolls, an old god, and an undead wc3 character for raid bosses? Even the burning crusade, our supposed legion expansion, featured very little legion-story advancement

Edit: Forgot about sunwell, which really seemed like an afterthought storywise, with the focus on illidan and his posse throughout the majority of the expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Back to it's roots? It's roots is Orcs vs. Humans.
    I would say that WC3 is still part of the 'roots' period. I mean it's hard to believe, but that came out over 10 years ago. Lots of legion in WC3. Besides, I think WC3 is when the Warcraft IP really developed a solid foundaton for it's player base going into WoW.

Speaking of which, going to play some WC3 this weekend and get a refresher on it.

Anyways, I wanted to post up the latest tier drawing: I redid Warrior T17. And while it's not technically 'plate' anymore, I thought it would be cool to have as part of the introduction of the fourth spec, Blademaster.

Warrior T17
    Tojara's Decree of Blood

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Out of topic question, but do you by any chance have a concept art of Y'Shaarj? If so will you be able to link it to me? Thank you and you're concepts arts are all amazing! You have some talent there!
    Thanks, but no I don't - sorry.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-06-08 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, well, Warcraft is going to be 20 next year, it goes back way farther than 2002. Since WoW and WC3 were in development together, you could argue they both share the same roots from the 90s, not that WC3 provided the bedrock for WoW. But nevertheless, we have had ONE expansion based on a character from pre-WC3.. It was Cataclysm and Deathwing. Every other expansion, even the pandas, are based on WC3 characters. This game has barely explored anything outside of WC3. I think blizzard needs to move on at some point, though im sure many will accuse them of butchering lore once they do.