Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    next expansion wont have any legion. maybe the one after that though

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    next expansion wont have any legion. maybe the one after that though
    I would be content with just one Dreadlord being a part of a central story arc.

It makes sense, to me at least, that the next expansion wouldn't be demon-themed. At least not as the central plot-line. Tie up all the loose ends on Azeroth first, deal with the Naga, possibly another Old God, make the remaining known landmasses available (Kezan, Kul'Tiras, etc), and see how relations between the Horde and Alliance go in a post-Garrosh world.
    Then for the 95-100 expansion, we go kick some demon arse.

If the next expansion is Burning Legion-themed once again, I guess it would be a good excuse for Blizzard to go back and revamp the entire Outland experience, just like they did for Azeroth in Cataclysm.

Once you finish leveling 1-58/60 on a character and step into Hellfire Peninsula, it feels like going back in time. The quests are not as interesting or varied like what the new Azeroth offered you, and the graphics and environment feels the most outdated of all landmasses right now.

MOAR. This is awesome and really well done!
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Someone spent way too much time writing this up.

Next Expansion:
    Back of the Burning Legion
    Final boss: Kil'jaeden
    New "continent": Xoroth, Argus, other "planet"
    New class: Demon Hunter
    New races: maybe Ogres for Horde, and high Elves for Alliance
    +new models
    +Illidan in this expansion(I mean not a boss(See above), but someone who's helping us, like Tirion in Wotlk),

I'm not talking about my "dream expansion" I'm talking about what is most predictable for me.

Why?
    People have always wanted Demon Hunters + Burning Legion, and Blizzard know that. This would give them MANY, MAAANY subscriptions back.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Warrior T17
    Tojara's Decree of Blood
    I like the idea, but it doesn't have chest armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm squealing with joy right now. This is the first info of South Seas in a long while.

FU I'm taking the next expansion off if I see any more trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    +Illidan in this expansion(I mean not a boss(See above), but someone who's helping us, like Tirion in Wotlk),

Illidan is already helping us in Well of Ethernity.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer Furbolgs or High Elves for alliance they both actually have faction officially with the Alliance. I dont want any of these randonm races for alliance deals that blizzard keep giving us, like Pandaren, Worgen or Draenei. We already have races available to us, Why are they not playable for us yet?

Ogres for Horde is pretty good, thehorde already have a group of Ogres in their faction already so to make them playable would be a good idea.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Arms warriors pretty much are blademasters. Don't know why they'd need a 4th spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    FU I'm taking the next expansion off if I see any more trolls.
    Lol well you better start take an expansion off cause we are not even close to dealing with trolls

Illidan is already helping us in Well of Ethernity.
    That was 10,00 years ago before the sundering and we already killed him in Black Temple(He will most likely come back since it is the burning legion expanison)

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Next Expansion:
    Back of the Burning Legion
    Final boss: Kil'jaeden
    New "continent": Xoroth, Argus, other "planet"
    New class: Demon Hunter
    New races: maybe Ogres for Horde, and high Elves for Alliance
    +new models

I'm not talking about my "dream expansion" I'm talking about what is most predictable for me.

Why?
    People have always wanted Demon Hunters + Burning Legion, and Blizzard know that. This would give them MANY, MAAANY subscriptions back.

I like the idea, but it doesn't have chest armor.
    Just hold on for a moment.

Why the crude, should KJ be the final boss? Don't you think this is too predictable and bad for the story flow? Remember, he was allready the final last endboss in TBC in the last final raid Sunwell. He might have a return cause he is currently in lead of the burning legion and powerful and all and was just banished to the twisting nether. BUT, 2 times as final endboss of an expansion is ridiculous. could as well have illidan or arthas which both got way more detailed lore have 2x times as endboss and in case of illidan it would even make more sense as he is pretty smart and incredible powerful. Its easy to imagine he wanted to be on top of the burning legion just so he is no longer in danger anymore, he gets stronger and stronger while KJ things he is in control and too powerful and smart to get his arse kicked.

Unfortunately some lore characters stopped illidan in Black Temple.

Why not make KJ, the first endboss of the first raid tier in the 2nd TBC xpack? I mean after he got deafeated there will be a big hole in the lead of the legion and Sargeras might come back in some form, for the real final deal? Might be also a reasion for Sargeras if KJ, gets destroyed early on and unexpected, that he returns sooner as planned and thus is in a weakened state, so some lore characters and a raid can take on him at all and stop him. Even Titans that possible pursue the Legion might come into our way and we have to fight them, just to proove we are strong enough and worthy.(all the titans did this with us look ulduar and ToT secret bosses)

I think after filler xpacks as cata and pandaria(lore wise), the core of the lore must finally be pushed a bit.

And i do not think its creative writing if KJ is the endboss of the next xpack either way, there are twists and competition in the legion all the time KJ has to fight for his position in and outside. Why assume he will be there forever? He might be smart and powerful, but isn't god like Sargeras who got some masterplans to survive everything, even his death.

Btw, Ilidan helping us......thats exactly like Sarevok in baldurs gate 2: throne of bhaal returning and helping us, it was allready there. Better would be we would know that illidan survived the deal at BT and just was send to the twisting nether made his way to argus and with some clever tactics and power development replaced KJ and he is the leader of the Burning Legion now, that would be much more fun.
    Also the love story between Illidan and Tyrande seems not finished yet, as powerhungry burning legion leader he might put more pressure on her.*lol*

Similar what happened to Blackhand when Orgrim Doomhammer ambushed him for the title "warchief".

Well i also have the theory, that the tortured memory of Lady Sylvannas might bring arthas back at sometime as she is allready acting exactly like him using valkyrs to reanimate and control the dead and her obsession with him and all. But thast another story.

Of course bringing the same lore characters back all the time isn't that much of a good story, just want to point out whats all possible.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-06-09 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah, on the Arakkoa boobs I actually thought about it a little bit and decided to go with them. In my personal opinion, if I was a legit game designer I probably wouldn't have went the boob route only because I think they are just so overplayed and over... developed in so many games these days. But I was thinking about what I think Blizzard would actually do and looking at all of their female races, who have boobs, I figured they would do the same. Would they still lay eggs? Probably. Either way I thought it was also a good way to distinguish the design of the male with the female.
    Maybe all the current races have boobs because they're all mammals as of now? :P I think it'd be quite refreshing if female arakkoa were only marginally different from the males. I mean, people playing a bird race probably wouldn't be looking for sexiness anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Why the crude, should KJ be the final boss? Don't you think this is too predictable and bad for the story flow?
    Because he technically wasn't, originally. He's the final boss in what was a filler raid. The final boss of Burning Crusade was Illidan. Having Kil'jaeden show up was a suprise. So having him as the thematic big bad end boss in the next expansion would have a completely different feel.

Not to mention by that logic the last boss of Wrath of the Lich King is Halion, not the Lich King.

I think after filler xpacks as cata and pandaria(lore wise), the core of te lore must finally be pushed a bit.
    They aren't lore filler. Pay more attention. Both Cata and MoP are full of Old God, Titan and inter-faction lore. Just because they aren't focused on the Burning Legion doesn't mean its not part of the core lore.

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Maybe all the current races have boobs because they're all mammals as of now? :P I think it'd be quite refreshing if female arakkoa were only marginally different from the males. I mean, people playing a bird race probably wouldn't be looking for sexiness anyway.
    Look at Turians from Mass Effect. When they added a female model people complained she was too ugly and didn't jave boobs. Turians are reptiles. Yeah...

Its unavoidable that they'll get bigger eyes, eyelashes and a slimmer figure. Not unless Blizzard just say 'no' and give male and female Arakkoa and Ogres the exact same model. Which would be hilarious and awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    If I were Sargeras I would have stopped trying to invade Azeroth by this point. It clearly isn't going to work out, and really, why do they even need the planet?
    Because Azeroth is merely a prison for a giant monster, Old God style. He wants to release it!

I'm really glad most of you don't work for Blizzard. A lot of the ideas just don't seem well thought out... Others are way to complicated. Some are just incredibly improbable...like a 4th spec. I read something about a warlock becoming a tank and the 4th spec basically a reskinned demonology. WAKE UP! Demonology is already a spec!! I don't know where people got the idea what casters should be tanks or blizzard wants to completely redo the specs of classes. I guess from DKs... but that class needed an over haul. All classes already got their overhaul! Why would they do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Because he technically wasn't, originally. He's the final boss in what was a filler raid. The final boss of Burning Crusade was Illidan. Having Kil'jaeden show up was a suprise. So having him as the thematic big bad end boss in the next expansion would have a completely different feel.

Not to mention by that logic the last boss of Wrath of the Lich King is Halion, not the Lich King.

They aren't lore filler. Pay more attention. Both Cata and MoP are full of Old God, Titan and inter-faction lore. Just because they aren't focused on the Burning Legion doesn't mean its not part of the core lore.
    Technically, KJ is the last endboss of TBC, cause he technically is. Lore wise he is the last endboss too, cause Sunwell raid isn't a filler raid, like the halion raid. Its a full fleshed out raid on grand scale with lots of lore backed up. Did you ever read the inerview of Blizz that Sunwell was planned right from the start of the expansion?. Actually, if Illidan would have survived he ordeal at the BT, he certainly wanted to take part in the sunwell tale, too, as it was created by the vials of the well of eternity. Just blizz screwed the lore in TBC, cause they originally just intended Illidan beeing the last boss for TBC, but they completely failed here. Also remember, TBC was legion themed, and KJ is the leader of the legion, while Illidan almost had no appearance in that xpack at all till he got confronted in BT. Maybe just in 2 quests in the shadowmoon valley. But, Illidan got full detailed character development in WC3 and its expansion.The comparission with halion is pretty ridiculous, and certainly doesn't apply to my logic or any logic at all.

Cata and MoP do not have fleshed out main villians that are as fully developed as arthas or illidan, that was my point. Deathwing and Garrosh simply can't compare and were quite annyoing to have as a lore character at all. Titan and Old gold lore has nothing to do with this. Got that lore in wrath, too in ulduar. I don't think its something special to be mentioned, but rather background basics that drive the whole wow universe, exactly like magic in a fiction based game.
    There is no personalty and character development in place, stuff that drives a good story in those last 2 xpacks, either its a new filler boss that gets quickly vanquished or its just a relaunch of an vanilla boss(neferian, onyxia, ragnaros), Deathwing was really bad implemented as endboss. And if Garrosh really is the last boss in MoP i dunno see how thats going to be a good thing, such a horrible character he makes no sense. Blizz did a way better job on his father, Grom Hellscream. He was hot tempered too, but somehow made sense for the story mechanics and was less of a dumb crybaby that just screw with stuff on purpose?
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-06-09 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theupsman View Post
    I'm really glad most of you don't work for Blizzard. A lot of the ideas just don't seem well thought out... Others are way to complicated. Some are just incredibly improbable...like a 4th spec. I read something about a warlock becoming a tank and the 4th spec basically a reskinned demonology. WAKE UP! Demonology is already a spec!! I don't know where people got the idea what casters should be tanks or blizzard wants to completely redo the specs of classes. I guess from DKs... but that class needed an over haul. All classes already got their overhaul! Why would they do it again?
    Insulting people is fun, yeah?

Mind you, this is a forum, not a job. Besides that, Game Designers don't just say "ok this is my idea" and then it's implemented. It's just not that simple, especially for Blizzard Game Designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Theupsman View Post
    yeah i think dks really need an overhaul they are left behind. But i think with the exception of ferals, all other tank specs need another dd or heal talent tree, cause tanking is crippling too much, especially if you play pvp. There is no place for tanking there, it got removed now with the debuff in rbgs and never was useful in mop arenas to begin with. The best it could do was to annoy people. Its terrybad for instance, that blood spec of the dk has no dd spec since cata preperation patch, but palas, monks and warriors need to be looked at, too.

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Because Azeroth is merely a prison for a giant monster, Old God style. He wants to release it!
    where did you got that? Just 1? thought there are multiple old gods?
    Why on earth should he want to release them?

In my book he is after the sunwell/well of eternity energies and all the riches that azeroth got for him and revenge.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-06-09 at 03:28 PM.

World of Warcraft: Forgotten Nightmares

Takes place under Azeroth through a series of Caves and the like. It takes the idea of the Spider Kingdom expansion and expands on it as there won't be just spiders in the expansion.

"What truly happened to Azeroth as the world plunged into chaos?" "The planet itself is calling out to me, crying in pain like a beast with at thorn in its side" "I believe that the world is much more damaged than what my father did" - Quotes from the Black Prince

New Content Area : Caves of Azeroth
    New Playable Race(Horde): Ogres
    New Playable Race(Alliance): Ethereal
    New Playable Class: Spirit Knight
    Level Cap Raised to 100, with raids at level 95
    Final Boss: A'Zeroth, The Worldly Nightmare
    New Profession: Excavating
    3 Cities(1 for each faction and 1 for joint): Goblins Undermine(Horde), Kul-Tiras(Think similar to Raftfleet in Suikoden 5 combined with an Island), Dark Void Encampment(Both) headed by the Ethereals and Ogres working together

The Caves of Azeroth consist of 15 zones spanning from Pandaria to Outland, and while they are just caves, each zone is different from the last, and features things like cracks in the planet where rain will seep in, snow will fall, giant openings in the planet forming what looks like giant cliffs surrounding the zone(Think BL2: Hammerlocks Big Hunt)

Also has natural disasters occurring at random points, a flood at point 1 which can add quest mobs that only last X amount of minutes, a quest mob that only spawns during a thunderstorm or a blizzard, an earthquake which can both spawn enemies and deal damage if your not careful

4 World Bosses: Spirits of Heat, Cold, Fog, and Thunder
    New Raid: Caverns of Time: Shades of Proudmoore(Final Boss: Admiral Proudmoore)
    New Raid: Island of Zandalar(Final Boss: King Rastakhan)
    New Raid: Sunset Peak(Final Boss: Lorewalker Cho)(this raid is more like the Shado-Pan Monastery part where you challenge the 100 disciples)(no real evil in this raid, just a training ground to prepare you for the final boss of the expansion)

New Raid: Scarlet Catacombs(Final Boss: Spirit of Mal' Ganis)(Hidden Boss: Mal'Ganis)
    New Raid: Tomb of the Fallen(Final Boss: Spirit of Uther)

New Raid: Fallen City of Stromgarde(Final Boss: Galen Trollbane)

New Raid: Temple of the Seven Stars(Final Boss: Illusions of the Past)(Illidan, Arthas, Medivh, Proudmoore, Garrosh, Deathwing, and Kael'Thas Sunstrider)

New Raid: Labyrinth Core(Final Boss A'zeroth, the spirit of the planet)

New Battleground: Assault of Sunset Keep
    New Battleground: Vorgamar Caverns

New Battleground: War on Wintermaul
    New Battleground: Castle Frenzy(similar to Footmen Frenzy)

New Battleground: Caverns of Time: Thunder Valley

Seven Dungeons plus 3 remastered dungeons

Remastered:

Blackrock Depths
    Wailing Caverns
    Ulduar(The residents of Ulduar have decided to replace their fallen leaders)

New:

Benvlar Mines
    Fallen Tower of Karazhan
    The Pristine Grove
    Manor of Time
    City of Assassins
    Book of the Past
    Shores of Azeroth

Hero Class: Spirit Knight
    Talent Trees/Specs: Spirit Walker, Infusion, Diffusion
    This class is a combination of a Warlock and a Death Knight

The character itself doesn't attack, but sends his soul into Spirit Dolls, each with their own set of skills. He can also choose to possess the enemy to deal damage to the enemy itself, but while he does so, the enemy is constantly trying to exorcise him from their body.

Spirit Walker - Able to send his spirit ahead to scout for danger, also the healer of the group
    Infusion - Sends his Spirit into living dolls, melee and ranged dps
    Diffusion - Sends his Spirit into the Enemy, debuff enemies from within