Non-tier offpiece?

Hi guys,
    I'm a 528-itemleveled hunter, and I just recently got thunderforged legs from Lei Shen. I have all 5 tier pieces, legs and chest upgraded x2. I also have thunderforged gloves from Primordius. I guess I should also say I'm gearing haste>crit. So my question for you guys is; should I use tier gloves + TF lei shen legs or TF primordius + tier legs? Since legs have haste I'm leaning towards that.
    My armory is Shrod-Ragnaros (EU) for reference.

Deleted
    I'd say use the TF Lei Shen legs and tier gloves since you are trading 1 yellow and 1 blue for 3 reds where as using TF gloves only grants you 1 extra red socket.
    About upgrades, it doesn't really matter if you "waste" it on a few items since you can upgrade 2 items a week instead of 2 items in 3 weeks.

Yes but it's a question of haste+crit offpiece and haste+mastery tier or haste+crit offpiece and crit+exp tier

Use the legs from Lei Shen, those are BiS.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Use the legs from Lei Shen, those are BiS.
    BiS from a crit-stacking perspective, yes. Has anyone made a haste-stacking BiS list? I haven't seen one at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurragu View Post
    BiS from a crit-stacking perspective, yes. Has anyone made a haste-stacking BiS list? I haven't seen one at least.
    Also BiS from an agility stacking perspective.. 3 red sockets says hi.

Simcraft says a 300dps increase of switching to Lei Shen legs (upgrades ignored). I will be staying with tier legs and primordius gloves until I don't have anything else to spend my vp on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurragu View Post
    The legs win on Crit, Haste and Agi. They are BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    BiS is going to be whatever HTF pieces drop for you.

Most of those who say the pants are BiS are looking at them in a vacuum. Bad way to look at it. All of the offpieces are good as long as you have the other pieces to back it up. Even the Ra-den chest is usable as long as you use Durumus Xbow.

It's all so close that it won't really matter in the end. RPPM will affect your DPS far more than what offpiece you end up with.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-05-30 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    Last time I checked, in the top hunter simulations (on femaledwarf) is used non-tier head.

H Council helm is solid if you're not farming Heroic Lei-shen... Dat +180 agi bonus. And it has crit/haste.

Honestly its whatever you can get your hands on. Like for me since im in a 10m Guild whichever piece drops then is HTF probably gonna be my off piece for a while. First off piece was Prim Gloves > Heroic Council Helm > Heroic Durumu Chest. Whatever you can get your hands on tbh. The Heroic Lei Shin legs are something to aim for But they won't always drop/Maybe your guild might not get there(idk your progression) So ya. HTF is HTF.

Deleted
    lei shen legs are BiS no doubt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhorder View Post
    H Council helm is solid if you're not farming Heroic Lei-shen... Dat +180 agi bonus. And it has crit/haste.
    Just looking at Effi's BiS list. With HTF leggings, you are 1.6% above hit cap. Non-tier HTF helm trades hit for crit rating and you are just 0.16% above hit cap.

http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=9358