Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Rift level 50 to 60 to long?

I think anybody that have played Rift and done the level 50 to 60 can agree that it is far to long and almost forced to do either IA, PvP or dungeons or you won't get enough exp. compared to zone progression. What I fear is that Trion world isn't going to change this, and with the F2P coming up I fear that a lot of people will hit this wall and just give up after spending 20 hours and be 1 maybe 2 levels higher. It might also lead people to think that this is a artificial made wall made to force them into buying the experience boost flasks.
    I don't know if it is just me that feel this way, but I want to hear if people here on MMOC feel the same way, and could Trion do something about it, or do you feel the leveling was fast enough?

50-60 is to long but trion won't do anything about it.
    You can buy xp boost pots in cash shop when it goes F2P though

Unless you want to jump into raiding asap you really don't need to rush to 60. Enjoy the game don't make it a grind. And with mentoring you get exp equivalent to your real level if you choose to go back and do old things.

Deleted
    They have already discussed with 2.3 and free to play that they are doing a few things naturally to speed up 50-60 such as reducing the amount of mobs to kill for all carnage quests by 30% and various other things, however you will also be able to buy an exp boost if you do want to just completely zerg upto 60 when F2P comes. =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Unless you want to jump into raiding asap you really don't need to rush to 60. Enjoy the game don't make it a grind. And with mentoring you get exp equivalent to your real level if you choose to go back and do old things.
    I enjoyed it the first two times, third was annoying and a complete drag. The fourth that I'm on now is really taking all my will to live.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    They have already discussed with 2.3 and free to play that they are doing a few things naturally to speed up 50-60 such as reducing the amount of mobs to kill for all carnage quests by 30% and various other things, however you will also be able to buy an exp boost if you do want to just completely zerg upto 60 when F2P comes. =)
    I haven't heard this, nice to hear

I enjoyed it the first two times, third was annoying and a complete drag. The fourth that I'm on now is really taking all my will to live.
    And when you hit 60 you get to repeat the process of being a new lvl 60 for the 4th time.

Try mentor to low lvl zones and play the story quests there for an alternative really, don't burn yourself out over the same thing 4 times in a row.

I'm on my 3rd getting to lvl 50 and I haven't touched a quest since lvl 10. Been doing just random rifts, IA, dungeons, whatever I feel like. Lvl 42 now :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I think anybody that have played Rift and done the level 50 to 60 can agree that it is far to long and almost forced to do either IA, PvP or dungeons or you won't get enough exp. compared to zone progression. What I fear is that Trion world isn't going to change this, and with the F2P coming up I fear that a lot of people will hit this wall and just give up after spending 20 hours and be 1 maybe 2 levels higher. It might also lead people to think that this is a artificial made wall made to force them into buying the experience boost flasks.
    I don't know if it is just me that feel this way, but I want to hear if people here on MMOC feel the same way, and could Trion do something about it, or do you feel the leveling was fast enough?
    I gave up at 58 when I ran out of story quests. I just did not want to go back and do all of the carnages I failed to complete, nor was I interested in doing more onslaughts. That was around the time I quit.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    And when you hit 60 you get to repeat the process of being a new lvl 60 for the 4th time.

Try mentor to low lvl zones and play the story quests there for an alternative really, don't burn yourself out over the same thing 4 times in a row.

I'm on my 3rd getting to lvl 50 and I haven't touched a quest since lvl 10. Been doing just random rifts, IA, dungeons, whatever I feel like. Lvl 42 now :/
    I have done every quest in the game on both Defiant and guardian

I guess I just played the same stuff to many times, luckily this is the last class I need (Trion don't you dare release a brand new one)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it is a bit grindy if you're rushing to get to 60 - hop into hunt rift groups if you're just mindlessly grinding ~ especially at level 58.

They are making the carnage quests less painful, however by lowering the mob requirements by 20~25% - even for F2P (non subscriber) players.

It has alwasy been my biggest complaint with Storm Legion, but with the intro of XP pots and other benefits for subscribers, it will be less grindy.

Prior to the f2p announcement I definitely thought that 50-60 needed to be made quite a bit faster. After the announcement while I do still think maybe they should nerf 50-60 a little bit it isn't as big of a concern for me anymore. I mean patrons get a 40% to experience and you can have up to 7 charges of this buff and each one lasts two hours I think. You also get a boost to notoriety which will be nice in grinding out faction. And if someone doesn't want to subscribed for a month or more you can do as little as three days as a patron. There is also the option to buy experience pots though I do think the 80% one either needs to be buffed back up to 100% or the price needs to be lowered. 3 dollars worth of credits for 80% is too high even at 100% its rather pricey. Also the carnage quest change is nice. I know I was so happy when I saw in Dendrome most carnage quest seem to be around 8 kills needed and the highest I have seen so far is 12. That is how carnage quests should have been from the start. Also mob density seems to be better in Dendrome from the little bit of exploring I did. Anyway currently I have stopped leveling my rogue which is in her 40s just to wait for the patron bonuses and also waiting on doing much else on my main as well because once again patron bonuses!

Previously was 40 hours give or take. 2.3 is changing requirements on carnage quest to much much much lower, so I bet it will be 30-35 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Previously was 40 hours give or take. 2.3 is changing requirements on carnage quest to much much much lower, so I bet it will be 30-35 hours.
    Other than the reduction in the number of mobs needed for Carnage quests, what else are they changing? >.>

I only remember the Carnage quest change, and that's not going to change all that much since the Carnage quests didn't give much experience for completion anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    40 hours for 50-60 or for one level? :P If it's 40 hours for 10 levels, then it's honestly not much. WoW leveling took A LOT longer before all the nerfs, heirlooms, RAFs and other shit came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    40 hours for 50-60 or for one level? :P If it's 40 hours for 10 levels, then it's honestly not much. WoW leveling took A LOT longer before all the nerfs, heirlooms, RAFs and other shit came out.
    It's approx 40 hours for 10 levels, I've got 4 level 60's and the quickest I've done it in is about just over 26.

Deleted
    I did 50-60 twice, i would say the amount of time to level is just right, considering the vast size of the new places, there is still stuff you haven't done after reaching 60, like quests lines and things (for me anyway)
    But i don't just quest, i do dungeons and pvp aswell as IA along the way, i get around 4% of my bar every time i win a WF and a bout the same for completing a dungeon, not so much XP for IA's though.
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2013-05-27 at 11:41 AM.

For me I turned 48 I got the quest to go to the new zones but I finished off the zones and all my quests that I had first. I ended up being 50 and one of things that popped was to go to Ember Isles. It was amazing after I finished that place I was only 2 bars in and wondered if this is why everyone complained about the 50-60 leveling. Once I actually went Cape Jule things went a lot of faster.

However, once I got past Cape Jule things got a bit weird. As a lvl 52 I was trying to take on mobs that were 1 to 2 levels higher than me and while I didn't die for the first time playing I was forced into health management as the mobs dealt quite a bit of damage. I'm seriously thinking of doing some IA's to get to either 53/54 just so I continue questing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    For me I turned 48 I got the quest to go to the new zones but I finished off the zones and all my quests that I had first. I ended up being 50 and one of things that popped was to go to Ember Isles. It was amazing after I finished that place I was only 2 bars in and wondered if this is why everyone complained about the 50-60 leveling. Once I actually went Cape Jule things went a lot of faster.

However, once I got past Cape Jule things got a bit weird. As a lvl 52 I was trying to take on mobs that were 1 to 2 levels higher than me and while I didn't die for the first time playing I was forced into health management as the mobs dealt quite a bit of damage. I'm seriously thinking of doing some IA's to get to either 53/54 just so I continue questing.
    Yeah, ember isle is pre-SL content. which gives garbage exp once you hit 50 (by design, so people do SL Content to hit 60). as for the SL Zones, there are two continents. You'll frequently have to move between them as your quest line outlevels you
    edited sig because wow that was out of date

Is it possible to mentor down while leveling between 50-60 to do Ember Isles for more exp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post

Should have went and did the other starting zone after you finished Cape Jule.

the whole 50-60 thing really didn't seem all that bad to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I did 50-60 twice,
    same here, a rogue and a cleric... BUT... I must say... when I slowed down to smell the roses on my 2nd character, the leveling wasn't so bad. I tried to rush the first guy ~ that said, it was almost rested xp all the way.