Poll: Would you like a 2nd Hearthstone like this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    i think blizzard are running out of ways to make this game more convenient as it is. rp reasons or not, i vote no. where can't you fly to in less than a few minutes? you're already playing an mmo so you clearly have time to spare
    Plenty of zones have a decent travel time. You are overestimating your flight speed and also that not everyone has max flight.

So you want to travel less for RP reasons?

Weird, you'd think an RPer would love the idea of having to travel everywhere.
    But so far it doesn't sound like it adds much and only detaches you more from the "world" and feels more like a game hub.

I vote no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say you have a house that you want to log out in. You'd rather hearth, and spend several minutes flying to it every single time you want to log off?

What if you are a goblin who wants to be closer to his giblin ancestors. He wants to live in an underwater cave in Vash'jir. That's a hell of an annoying travel every single night.

Or what about having to hearth to your panda hub, teleport to dalaran or shattrath, and then fly to one of the outer areas in Northrend or Outland every day? Thats not fun at all.

I don't follow as to why "traveling" has much point in Rollplaying. It actually did back before flying mounts. Now though, several minutes 'flying at altitude' doesnt really enhance my experience any when visiting locations I go to 60+ times a month.

In my book RP doesn't necessarily include 100% realistic travel times. I don't drive 45 minutes home from work every night to 'relive the experience' in wow. >_>
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2013-05-26 at 09:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I have my HS set in Pandaria, that gives me access to teleports in all the major cities and Orgrimmar also allows me to teleport to all the Cataclysm zones, which are distributed relatively even across Azeroth.

And if that isn't enough: There are a lot of items that can teleport you around and with those I can get to any location within 2 minutes and don't have to worry about cooldowns.

Blessed Medallion of Karabor

Wrap of Unity

Hellscream's Reach Tabard

Argent Crusader's Tabard

Runed Band of the Kirin Tor

I think there was also one for Pandaria.

Nevermind some of the class specific ports.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I don't see how it hurts things so I guess I'm indifferent. Some people like it, and while others complain about it for god knows what reasons I'm certain they would use it. I'd abuse it maliciously to teleport to the current raid instance without a second thought.

I think blizz would shoot the idea down though, just a hunch.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Personally I have my HS set in Pandaria, that gives me access to teleports in all the major cities and Orgrimmar also allows me to teleport to all the Cataclysm zones, which are distributed relatively even across Azeroth.

And if that isn't enough: There are a lot of items that can teleport you around and with those I can get to any location within 2 minutes and don't have to worry about cooldowns.

Blessed Medallion of Karabor

Wrap of Unity

Hellscream's Reach Tabard

Argent Crusader's Tabard

Runed Band of the Kirin Tor

I think there was also one for Pandaria.

Nevermind some of the class specific ports.
    Ahn'Qiraj in two minutes is a stretch even with max flying from Uldum portal. Feralas. Cape of Stranglethorn. Desolace.

Deleted
    astral recall (shammy spell) should allow you to bind it to another location other than the HS one...
    =(

Quote Originally Posted by WarlockJack View Post
    Did you read my post? Its not a matter of how long the hearthstone is set for. I think the current duration of 15 minutes on the Hearthstone is MORE than reasonable. However, The hearthstone CD could be reduced to 5 minutes or less without effecting this idea at all.

There are a lot of locations that people may like to visit often (Especially in an RP environment) that are not close to a town.
    We understand what you're asking for but outside of RP'ing purposes something like this can be heavily exploited. It's also adding to an already extensive list of items that get's you places without you having to do something. Blizzard already believes that not enough people are actually moving around in the world and adding another item that makes it so you can just press a button to go somewhere goes directly against that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

As long as it's only for RP servers, sure. For every other server it'll pretty much just be used to HS to rare spawn locations. Can you imagine how many would set their 2nd stone to Deepholm's rocks near an Aeonaxx spawn or on the cliffs near a TLPD spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    astral recall (shammy spell) should allow you to bind it to another location other than the HS one...
    =(
    I agree. Also, scrolls of recall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    As long as it's only for RP servers, sure. For every other server it'll pretty much just be used to HS to rare spawn locations. Can you imagine how many would set their 2nd stone to Deepholm's rocks near an Aeonaxx spawn or on the cliffs near a TLPD spawn?
    I do see the issues this would cause. Another person mentioned a way around that. I mean, it IS their game. I'm sure they could implement it with as many area safe-guards as they wanted to.

I also agree that there isn't much reason anyone should have it outside of an RP atmosphere.

I have like 6 teleport items to get me close to any corner of the world I need to go. I wouldn't hate it because frankly I'm a fan of optimizing time and I don't care about manually traveling at all, but at the same time I don't really have many problems getting around.

It would be a nice convenience and I would definitely use it but I'm fine if it never happens.

I struggle to understand the counter arguments in this thread.

This is an idea I have long desired. Examples include ... 1) Isle of Thunder and 2) Shrine. Or either of the reputation spots south of Krasarang that take forever to fly to. Numerous uses.

Blizz could have done this with the farm in Halfhill as a way to make that hearth more meaningful. But didn't.

Players complain about flying mounts killing immersion, killing world pvp, killing exploration.
    Players ask for second hearthstone to make what is already the most convenient travel we have even easier.

A lot of people in this thread can't read or don't understand the RP purpose of a hearthstone.

As the old saying goes, home is where the hearth is. However, the Shrine of Seven Stars is hardly my home, Aerie Peak in the Hinterlands is where I call home, but it would be impractical to set my hearthstone there.

This isn't about flying, travel time, convenience, etc...

Does this make sense to ya'll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players complain about flying mounts killing immersion, killing world pvp, killing exploration.
    Players ask for second hearthstone to make what is already the most convenient travel we have even easier.
    Because those are the same players, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Malist View Post
    Ahn'Qiraj in two minutes is a stretch even with max flying from Uldum portal. Feralas. Cape of Stranglethorn. Desolace.

AQ is easily done under 2 min from Ramkahen. I just flew from Ramkahen to Feralas and it took exactly 2 min as Alliance (travel time would be considerably less as Horde from Thunder Bluff). Cape of Stranglethorn is fast taking the Blasted Lands portal, then flying to the Cape. Desolace is under 2 min for Horde.

Why not just allow the Hearthstone to teleport to any learned location in the game?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlockJack View Post
    I don't see how this would hurt the game at all, and I can come up with a dozen quick ways that this would enhance the game for people; especially on a RP server.

I'm sure I'm not the first, but what does the community think about having a 2nd Hearthstone that operates differently?

If this has a positive reaction, I'll present it on the official forums as an idea.
    I can see two things that will happen from this.

First, one group of people will like it and will ask for more. Look at dual-specs. People are asking for a third or forth spec.

The other group will hate it and then blame it on the "casuals" for making the game even less than it was in vanilla.

Personally, I prefer a one-time use town tele-portation scroll usable by anyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    People will just ask for a third hearthstone if you give them a second one.
    See: dual-spec
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.