H Durumu or Twins next?

Hi all just a quick question! We just got down H Meg and Primo this weekend. We are 8/13 H now, H (Jin/Horridon/Council/Tortos/Meg/Ji-Kun/Primo/Qon) down. Just curious what you guys think, whether we should head to Durumu or Twins next and why. Most of us are about 530 ilvl now. Cheers and thanks!

*Also I don't need to be linked the kill ratio on WoWProgress, I have already seen that* I assume the majority of guilds went to Durumu first due to the extremely high DPS check that Twins required but after 5.3 and gear upgrading + Hunter buff (thank you blizz) our DPS has sky rocketed so perhaps the so called high dps check won't be to bad now?

Personally, i think twins would fall over faster than H Durumu, so I say Twins.

Twins is actually surprisingly easy. We killed it in less than 10 pulls when we were 8/13. That being said, Durumu is also not as hard as it looks, but has more room for people to screw up badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're 10m, then twins is definitely easier, much fewer mechanics you have to worry about. We killed it before both Primordius and Megaera

Deleted
    If it's planned for next reset, you may as well at least put in some time on durumu because twins really isn't gunna take you that long

Deleted
    Twins seems easier but we had issues with timer bugs - Tidal Wave. The timer was several seconds off and I don't know if it's been fixed. The Durumu bug with the red add randomly exploding should be fixed though.

Both encounters are rather easy especially after the item upgrades - twins should be still the easier encounter on both raid sizes.

Twins is so face roll after 5.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Twins is so face roll after 5.3.
    With 5.3 10/13 bosses are faceroll.
    Durumu shouldnt be a big deal with the item upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Physx View Post
    With 5.3 10/13 bosses are faceroll.
    Durumu shouldnt be a big deal with the item upgrade.
    Durumu is way more of a shitshow mechanics-wise then twins is.

Twins
    P1: Spread and Damage the sun boss when she comes up.

P2: Move close to the comet and heal through the AOE.

P3: Do the constellations correctly while doing P1 and 2 a the same time.

P4: LOL gratz on the kill.

Honestly what is hard about twins?

Ilvl upgrades really have made most bosses extremely easy. I'd say it effected council and Twins the most though.

Deleted
    Dunno if you are 10 or 25 man. We are 25 man and downed Twins last ID (5.2). The first night we had a terrible healing setup and had ppl dying during nuclear inferno but 2nd night we had more main healers available and had the kill within 6 pulls.

We are currently working on Durumu but that boss can give a lot of BS since there is a LOT of room for ppl dying from failing. Last night we were close to killing it a few times, best was 3% and then half the raid decided to die during maze phase and we could get ice wall down with less ppl. We will go at it tonight again with more icewall dmg, ie more destro locks :-) and I hope this will tip the scale.

So in shot Twins before Durumu

GL

Deleted
    Twins is much easier than Durumu, assuming that the comets don't bug on you too much (they really should fix that already, it's been around from the start of the tier iirc). You can even tank Suen pretty long after berserk, our first kill went about 20-30 seconds over berserk and managed to tank her as a guardian, just be sure that you always have cooldowns rolling or you get one shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Twins seems easier but we had issues with timer bugs - Tidal Wave. The timer was several seconds off and I don't know if it's been fixed. The Durumu bug with the red add randomly exploding should be fixed though.
    What bug with red adds exploding lol? Never existed in our kills. Only thing that sometimes fucked up was the yellow add explosions/being unattackable.

Deleted
    Durumu ... fun boss
    a) eats pets
    They just disappear for no apparent reason
    b) adds bugged
    all adds (disregard color) can be popped twice in the same second (resulting in a wipe in 98,4% of the cases)

That encounter is still bugged as hell even after 5.3, but if you get the general idea of the fight and what actually is important it's a rather quick and replayable kill.

Twins are rather easy as mentioned above several times, you might be disappointed/losing some raiding time when you'd went straight for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Dunno if you are 10 or 25 man. We are 25 man and downed Twins last ID (5.2). The first night we had a terrible healing setup and had ppl dying during nuclear inferno but 2nd night we had more main healers available and had the kill within 6 pulls.

We are currently working on Durumu but that boss can give a lot of BS since there is a LOT of room for ppl dying from failing. Last night we were close to killing it a few times, best was 3% and then half the raid decided to die during maze phase and we could get ice wall down with less ppl. We will go at it tonight again with more icewall dmg, ie more destro locks :-) and I hope this will tip the scale.

So in shot Twins before Durumu

GL
    Real wall damage == ele shamans ... just Oo

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We killed megeara and primordius hc this week on 10 man and decided to go for twins as we had previous attempts on it with lesser gear, so figured that would be the best course of action........however, as easy as it is (and it was VERy easy, took us 4 pulls to down it last night) I would go for durumu depending on how much time you have left this week to raid as twins literally falls over and really feels like it did on normal now.

Go for Twins, because currently Crimson fog adds are bugged on Durumu Heroic, and you really dont want that bug while you are trying to progress.

Anyways its like most of the comments here states Twins is pretty easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    What bug with red adds exploding lol? Never existed in our kills. Only thing that sometimes fucked up was the yellow add explosions/being unattackable.
    It was a bug that occurred randomly and not all the time. There was a blue poster about it and several people reported it on both US and EU.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Twins is easier but Durumu is earlier in the raid. I'd still work on Durumu.

We took a long time on Twins but it was mostly because we treated it as a 'bonus' boss during progression. For 2-3 weeks we spent a couple hours at the end of our raid week practicing it and landed a kill a couple weeks ago, never putting any serious effort into it.

Durumu took us a little over a day to beat the first time and he really wasn't that bad. We got our second kill this week with item upgrades and killed him right as the second disintegration beam phase started. Week prior we killed him about 10-15 seconds into the third colour spectrum phase (which meant we had to deal with a couple life drains).

If you have solid AoE DPS the only difficult part of the encounter is the life drains.