Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why the Burning Legion is endless.. (may contain spoilers)

If you did the Warlock Green Fire quest you know that the Doomguard referred to his his people as the hounds of the titans,forever forced to police the arcane, before Sargeras freed them. The Doomguards or Ered'ruin were obviously used by the titans, maybe even created by them. This not only means that the Titans are even more directly responsible for the creation of the Burning Legion than we thougt they were, but it made me think, what if the Legion has control over Titan construct machines?

I mean they conquered so many titanic worlds, they must have found at least one of their machines, that they now use to produce demons 24/7, after all the Doomguards seem to know something about the Titans, but even if not the Legion must have found one of those machines. And when those demons die, they just go back to the nether until they regenerate, essentially the legion's numbers increase forever. I cant wait for more revelations by Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-05-27 at 02:01 AM.

*Grabs tinfoil hat*
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 02:22 AM ----------

But yeah no I had been thinking about this too
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're reading too much into what happened. It's obvious the Titans found demons along their way and decided to make demons productive. Sargeras was once a Titan. It's not crazy to think certain species morphed into demons due to corruption.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I...didnt know that

The Twisting Nether is Warcraft's word for outer space... Demons are aliens, it specifically says in the lore they come from the other planets that Sargeras has conquered/enslaved. So yes, they could have technologies that regenerate the dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think you're reading too much into what happened. It's obvious the Titans found demons along their way and decided to make demons productive. Sargeras was once a Titan. It's not crazy to think certain species morphed into demons due to corruption.
    maybe they did not originally create them and just used them, but what if the demons now simply produce non corrupted constructs like the Mogu and then corrupt them into demons? would yield the same result

HMMM maybe, but I don't think they can mass produce all demons, just already titan constructs... Which then brings the question of why Doomguards are flesh already without the curse of flesh afflicting them. And also who made the first demons, the Nathrezim who could corrupt even a titan.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    The Twisting Nether is Warcraft's word for outer space... Demons are aliens, it specifically says in the lore they come from the other planets that Sargeras has conquered/enslaved. So yes, they could have technologies that regenerate the dead.
    some of the demons were former non-demonic species that lived on planets, yes, but some of them come from the Nether itself, and the Twisting Nether is not to be confused with the Great Dark Beyond, it is a different dimension, intertwining the planets.

I really hope Burning Legion is the theme for the next xpac. They come back in full force decimate nearly everything and everyone and all races unite pushed into a corner for a "final" showdown.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    HMMM maybe, but I don't think they can mass produce all demons, just already titan constructs... Which then brings the question of why Doomguards are flesh already without the curse of flesh afflicting them. And also who made the first demons, the Nathrezim who could corrupt even a titan.
    I read a thread a few days(weeks?) ago where someone suggested that the demons are not truly fleshy, rather they use magic to conjure physical bodies, but they are never really fleshy. so if you would look at their dna, it would all be magic, not actual elements other races are made of. however that theory has one flaw: what about the demons that weren't always demons, they must be made of flesh ;>. Also I think it's been retconned that the Nathrezim actually literally corrupted Sargeras, rather he became depressed due to the endless fighting against the demons and he began to believe that an ordered universe is unnatural and thus responsible for the corruptive nature of demons. He might actually have a point, I mean the titans forced chaotic ( but not necessarily evil) creatures to become ordered, at least they apparently did that to the Doomguards.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-05-27 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demons already are fleshy. They need to stop making everything involved with the bloody Old Gods. Leave them alone.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I read a thread a few days(weeks?) ago where someone suggested that the demons are not truly fleshy, rather they use magic to conjure physical bodies, but they are never really fleshy. so if you would look at their dna, it would all be magic, not actual elements other races are made of. however that theory has one flaw: what about the demons that weren't always demons, they must be made of flesh ;>.
    And of course if they were titan slaves they would be made of stone or metal or even an element, but they look fleshy it could be that the model just doesn't show it and they are stoney..... Doomguards that is.
    Last edited by Landin55; 2013-05-27 at 01:37 AM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I really hope Burning Legion is the theme for the next xpac. They come back in full force decimate nearly everything and everyone and all races unite pushed into a corner for a "final" showdown.
    So do I, so do I..

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Demons already are fleshy. They need to stop making everything involved with the bloody Old Gods. Leave them alone.
    Why? They are the ultimate bad guys on Azeroth, they helped the burning legion invade. ..... IDK why people get their panties in a bunch when it comes to them. And anyhow we are talking about the titans and how they used the Doomguards.

Deleted
    And of course if they were titan slaves they would be made of stone or metal or even an element, but they look fleshy it could be that the model just doesn't show it and they are stoney..... Doomguards that is.
    well or the curse of flesh is demonic in origin and the old gods made us fleshy too, to spite the titans. who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? They are the ultimate bad guys on Azeroth, they helped the burning legion invade. ..... IDK why people get their panties in a bunch when it comes to them. And anyhow we are talking about the titans and how they used the Doomguards.
    We need to stop involving everything the Old Gods with everything. I'm not getting my panties in a bunch so please keep the comments to yourself.

On topic: ...Well it'd be nice we saw some Fel Dwarves, Fel trolls or whatever when they come.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-05-27 at 01:46 AM.

Warrior-Magi

Good advice.,completely valid.

Because when the greatest power is always the old gods, and not the legion or elsewhere, things get stale very quickly. It would be awesome to see a trifecta of evil (relative to mortals on Azeroth) through the Titans, The Legion and the Old Gods. They all hate each other, they all want to cleanse Azeroth of mortals (titans by observation and Algalon event in Wrath), etc. It shouldn't be the Old Gods every time.
    Do not underestimate us.

Any "final showdown" in WoW just turns into a stepping stone for another baddie that conveniently is lying in wait. Or a few expansions down the line, we face the same boss again. Blizz dropped the ball on the epic factor with Deathwing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Any "final showdown" in WoW just turns into a stepping stone for another baddie that conveniently is lying in wait. Or a few expansions down the line, we face the same boss again. Blizz dropped the ball on the epic factor with Deathwing.
    well Deathwing is but a fly compared to Sargeras or the Legion generally, so I wouldnt consider the especially lame fight (encounter-wise) to be a final showdown in any way.