Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzbalger View Post
    I don't see how protection against bad luck is getting 'everything served to you'. Luck and effort are two entirely different things. Sure, if you happen to get, to use an example, the Onyxia mount after a few runs, or at 100 runs, it doesn't seem bad to you. To someone like myself however, who was soloing it in wotlk before it became a lvl 80 raid, then again in cata, then in 5.0 with account wide started soloing it every week on 10-12 characters and still is...I probably have around 1k onyxia kills and no mount, would you say I haven't put enough effort in?
    If you were farming for the mount before the raid was revamped to 80 you don't really deserve it anyway.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-09-01 at 06:33 AM.

While I do care somewhat, not quite enough so to disclose all my characters on a public forum ;p So I'll just leave this with one more anecdote from my vast repertoire of poor RNG. Sea Turtle...I'm currently over 19k fish and other things caught, 12k fish caught, I know for certain I've caught only 18 fish since I got the turtle (fishing for the Brawlers Guild item) but not sure how many I caught doing the various other fishing achievements, certainly there were a few thousand in dal sewers for the rat, but most were after the turtle. Blizzard likes to mock me, just before Mop, I'd decided to stock up on water walking pots in case they came in useful levelling, so fished below Dal for the glassfin minnows. Told my GM and a guildie what I was doing, they decided to join in. Both of them got their 25 fish caught achievements and the Sea Turtle, one just before 25 fish, other just after. Then I alted to my ally spriest and ganked them both.
    Can't say I blame you for not wanting to disclose your characters on the MMOC forums. But you could have simply looked at the statistics page of all your characters to find your total Onyxia kills rather than guesstimating. Or lying. Whichever.

Anyway, I managed to find your characters and they only have a combined total of 159 Onyxia kills. Quite a ways off from 1000 - certainly by a lot more than 10%.

ashes never droppsssssss

It's nice to see this is still discussed. Mount farming is a fun pass-time for me, as it tends to work into my hectic schedule really well. I picked up the vitreous stone drake at around 200 kills (including random lfds since cata hit) last week on my rogue, and am at 69 kills on her for Altairus currently. It took me 213 kills on my DK to nab Rivendare's (I used him so I could death gate out and hit the vendor on the way back to the instance rather than run out). Fiery Warhorse took me a handful of runs and surprised me greatly, though not as much as getting Ony on my first solo kill.

What I like about these runs is seeing the different ways people approach running them over and over. I'm doing Ashes on my DK and Warrior every week, Altairus on my rogue (stealth past everything and only kill Ertan and Altairus) and grinding the research tokens for the other Halaa mount.

its not the same i know , but im farming the legendary wep from MC (Molten Core) and im almost 4 years on it with 5 toons(every week) and still no luck , i dont wana start over my mount farming because that is hell () my point is RNG is RNG and will stay RNG.../cry ^^( sorry for the bad english)

Deathcharger - 7 attempts (back when it was 1-10000).
    Ravenlord - 2 attempts
    Kara Midnite/Magisters white chocobo - 120ish so far still trying..

RNG is Random.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

kara since BC evry week still not dropped :/

getting sad !

anyone else that has bad luck with one of the easyest mounts to farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Anyway, I managed to find your characters and they only have a combined total of 159 Onyxia kills. Quite a ways off from 1000 - certainly by a lot more than 10%.
    Someone just got their ass internet detectiverised.

Its a word, look it up.

I got over 270 runs on Rivendare myself. Gotten 3 swords but no mount....

Gotta love RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    What I like about these runs is seeing the different ways people approach running them over and over. I'm doing Ashes on my DK and Warrior every week, Altairus on my rogue (stealth past everything and only kill Ertan and Altairus) and grinding the research tokens for the other Halaa mount.
    For me is more like, if I can pull it off no matter how hard it is I do it in that char. In my final weeks of farming the mount from kharazan I was even using two bank chars I had between 80 and 85 with lvl 70 gear and random crafted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    Im approaching 600 runs for Barons mount /wrists
    Did this in 157 runs or so

Farmed it for 4-5 hours a day. My god.

Deleted
    Can't say I blame you for not wanting to disclose your characters on the MMOC forums. But you could have simply looked at the statistics page of all your characters to find your total Onyxia kills rather than guesstimating. Or lying. Whichever.

I think you're missing quite a few characters there, I currently have 13 lvl 90's, an 86 who's done duo runs back in cata, 85 likewise and 2 more 85 dk's who solo it ;p Nice try, but since I have my characters hidden on both wowprogress and the cogshanks addon (which btw, only tracks alts you've used on forums) I suspect you may have looked up the wrong Katzbalger!
    Last edited by mmoc6cc8cbdac7; 2013-09-03 at 03:30 PM.

I think you're missing quite a few characters there, I currently have 13 lvl 90's, an 86 who's done duo runs back in cata, 85 likewise and 2 more 85 dk's who solo it ;p Nice try, but since I have my characters hidden on both wowprogress and the cogshanks addon (which btw, only tracks alts you've used on forums) I suspect you may have looked up the wrong Katzbalger!
    Well, since you've forced my hand: I know you are Katzbalger, the Orc Hunter of <Adelante> on Arthas-US. And I used neither wowprogress nor cogshanks to find your alts. Granted, I only found 9 of your supposed 13 lvl 90s. But since your main only has 46 Onyxia kills, and the other eight 90s average around 14 kills each, I find it incredibly unlikely that the four 90s, 86, 85 and two 85 DKs I supposedly missed have the average of around 93 kills each necessary to bring you up to your 900 estimate. And given your demonstrated tendency to lie, frankly I'm not sure I believe you have the other characters at all. Not to mention, had you been running Onyxia on all those characters, you'd have been killing her on a lot more than the 10-12 characters you claimed earlier.

Then there's this little gem on Feb 2, 2013 - after Mists had been out more than 4 months:
    ...currently up to 7 onyxia solos per week...
    Kind of contradicts your earlier statement that you had been running Onyxia on 10-12 characters since account-wide mounts had been announced:
    ... in 5.0 with account wide started soloing it every week on 10-12 characters and still is...I probably have around 1k onyxia kills...
    So which is it? 7? 10-12? 15? You only dig yourself deeper by trying to lie your way out of lies.
    Last edited by Soulless Cynic; 2013-09-03 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. Never argue with The Voice of Reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiMage View Post
    I got over 270 runs on Rivendare myself. Gotten 3 swords but no mount....

Gotta love RNG
    330~ 5 swords no mount.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/nas28795.jpg my third attempt in Karazhan.

I have ran Kara on 9 toons (most of my alts literally just sit outside the gate for my tuesday kill) for 13months now and I still don't have the horse. It's pretty annoying honestly.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Deleted
    Note the word 'solos'. Not all my alts could solo Ony at 85, those that couldn't ran it with various friends or random people I found in trade ;-) If you look at the rest of the post you've quoted note that it says 10+ Attumen solos, that I could solo on every alt I had and incidentally got it finally back in feb on my ally spriest. I know I have more than 46 ony on my main, tbh I can't even find it on Statistics myself.
    Just to prove I do have alts you didn't find, which I'm gonna guess GuildOx, since that doesn't have the option to hide alts, here's the Arthas one it's missing, Bloodbuns ;p

Note the word 'solos'. Not all my alts could solo Ony at 85, those that couldn't ran it with various friends or random people I found in trade ;-) If you look at the rest of the post you've quoted note that it says 10+ Attumen solos, that I could solo on every alt I had and incidentally got it finally back in feb on my ally spriest. I know I have more than 46 ony on my main, tbh I can't even find it on Statistics myself.
    Just to prove I do have alts you didn't find, which I'm gonna guess GuildOx, since that doesn't have the option to hide alts, here's the Arthas one it's missing, Bloodbuns ;p
    You said 'solo' in both quotes. In the first quote you said you were up to 7 characters. In the second quote, you said you were at 10-12 characters more than 5 months before the first quote. That's a pretty huge gaffe.

You only have 46 kills on your main. See for yourself: Achievements > Statistics > Dungeons & Raids > Classic.

And Bloodbuns has 7 Onyxia kills. Still 734 short.

Drop rate is a real pain, I have the firey warhorse after farming it casually over a few weeks. I have the death chargers reins farming it to waste time before a reset on my rogue. I just snagged riens of the drake of the south winds (TO4W). Addtionally back before mounts were account wide i also managed to farm up five seperate white hawkstriders. my rogue was by far the luckiest having had 4 at once, (one learned, one in bags, one in the bank and one in a loot window). I managed to snag the raven lord after a week of farming everyday on one toon. I rolled a 96 a few months ago to win Spawn of Horridon, I snagged the blue protodrake in my first ever utgarde pinnacle heroic run (actual first herioc dungeon at 80 that I did on my first toon ever). I farmed ashes doing 4 runs a week for maybe two months straight. I've also farmed firelands maybe a grand total of a month's worth of attempts and actually saw the rag mount drop (it was ninja'd though). I could go on for another paragraph explaining my mount luck but alas that is not the point of this post. .

I've been rolling on SHA every week for at least 2 months across multiple toons (varying from 2 toons, to five last week) with absolutely no luck. By no luck, i mean that only one person on my home server (stormreaver) has the mount (that i've seen riding it anyway). That means that in the past 2 months if i was averaging 3 kills per week and seeing at least 120 people a week roll on it twice (I assume they are bonus rolling) thats 240 unique attempts that i've witnessed per week and not a damned person i've come across has had it drop for them (don't tell me that they wouldn't link the soulbound riens in chat or at least the spell). However i'm gonna keep trying every week.

I almost feel like the sha mount is still bugged in some way, (it was bugged earlier in the expac to actually never drop, for anyone that didn't know). Unless the drop rate is just this low. Maybe like everyone else i just have terrible luck with certain mounts but not others. Still i wanted to at least see proof that this sha touched cloud serpent actually exists as soul bound riens, lol.

TLDR: everyone has terrible luck with one mount or another, stick with it though! you never know!
    Last edited by Cheekun; 2013-09-03 at 05:51 PM.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni