Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What will it take to stop this guy from grieving us?

For Clarification, I am talking about a Horde player doing this to Fellow Horde players. There is no "PvP solution" for same faction grieving Which is what this is. Its grieving in an instanced raid, its grieving in the world.

My realm has a problem. Its ongoing. Its actually just one guy. He is known by the entire realm. Why you may ask? When ever we try to kill oondasta, he will repeatedly Pull oondasta and wipe any raids that are there trying to kill him. He does this over and over until the raids fall apart. Everyone knows him. Its to the point where when people are in trade looking for more for oondasta, everyone says its pointless to try it if this guy is there. There have been Numerous times when there have been 40+ reports for this ONE GUY sent about his behavior.

When will blizzard actually do something about this guy? He does this Over, And Over, and Over. Its on the arthas Realm. He is a horde player. How many more reports does blizzard actually need to do something about this guy? When is it enough for them to get their crap together and do something?
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-05-26 at 04:38 AM.

Arthas is PvP, isn't it?

that doesnt seem to be against the rules
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm from Arthas as well, but haven't heard of this yet.

Since naming people is against the ToS here(unless I'm wrong), does this person happen to be a Gnome Rogue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone open a ticket and speak with a GM about it? Sounds like he is harassing an entire server basically, what an ass. Post on the official forum for your server, if he is such a problem I am sure enough people that have experienced it will post as well if they are forum lurkers. Maybe attract the attention of a blue.

If there is a pvp solution it's not griefing. If not, it's griefing. That's been the stance for a long time.

We of course don't have the numbers to this but frequently this is a case of 20 people complaining about it and 0 people reporting it. I've had very mixed GM experiences over the years but can't say I've had a bad experience where a number of people in a raid have all chimed in to go "Hey this guy is griefing"

It happens on my realm too, but not always the same guy, and can a member of either faction.

It's griefing and not a pvp issue as they are pulling a world boss NOT engaging in pvp.

Whether anything happens about it I have no idea, but regularly this wastes an hour a week of my time to these asshats.

Watch next xpac them review world bosses on that level of difficulty and scrap them because people griefed with them, and then look out for the griefers crying in the forums that they can't have nice things

Sounds like clever use of game mechanics to kill lots and lots of players at once. What a badass. PvP World Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajimo View Post
    I'm from Arthas as well, but haven't heard of this yet.

Since naming people is against the ToS here(unless I'm wrong), does this person happen to be a Gnome Rogue?
    No.

For everyone saying 'Pvp solution" Its not PvP. He is PULLING The BOSS and Killing The Raids. He is doing this to his OWN FACTION. We CANNOT Kill our own faction. The alliance population is dead on this server. There is NO PVP SOLUTION.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Sounds like clever use of game mechanics to kill lots and lots of players at once. What a badass. PvP World Champion.
    Its Not PVP. He is doing it to his Own Faction. He pulls the boss, Runs at the raid groups forming. Then just dies With us.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dlouhys View Post
    If there is a pvp solution it's not griefing. If not, it's griefing. That's been the stance for a long time.

We of course don't have the numbers to this but frequently this is a case of 20 people complaining about it and 0 people reporting it. I've had very mixed GM experiences over the years but can't say I've had a bad experience where a number of people in a raid have all chimed in to go "Hey this guy is griefing"
    Oh, its 40people + that reports this guy AT a single Time. Like I said, its to the point where if Oondasta is up, and he is there, they wont even try. Ive literally gone to raids that just disbanded and gave up because he kept killing everyone. Over, and Over.

So wait.... there is 40+ people at a world boss and nobody there can taunt the boss off this guy?

You know he does it every time, have a tank ready to taunt off him as soon as he pulls, healers heal the raid and let the griefer die.
    If you don't have a full raid group there and ready to pull then stay mounted/out of range so he can't pull the boss to you before he gets killed.

I have seen people pull this trick before and while it is annoying it is just not the big deal you make it out to be. There is no way a 40 man raid group is wiping because of an early pull unless everyone is standing there doing nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    So wait.... there is 40+ people at a world boss and nobody there can taunt the boss off this guy?

You know he does it every time, have a tank ready to taunt off him as soon as he pulls, healers heal the raid and let the griefer die.
    If you don't have a full raid group there and ready to pull then stay mounted/out of range so he can't pull the boss to you before he gets killed.

I have seen people pull this trick before and while it is annoying it is just not the big deal you make it out to be. There is no way a 40 man raid group is wiping because of an early pull unless everyone is standing there doing nothing about it.
    No, you haven't seen it done because Oondasta Cannot be taunted. So no, it can be a big deal. when everyone Is still rezzing, still buffing, and still getting mana. Especially since Tanks cant taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No.

For everyone saying 'Pvp solution" Its not PvP. He is PULLING The BOSS and Killing The Raids. He is doing this to his OWN FACTION. We CANNOT Kill our own faction. The alliance population is dead on this server. There is NO PVP SOLUTION.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 12:20 AM ----------

Its Not PVP. He is doing it to his Own Faction. He pulls the boss, Runs at the raid groups forming. Then just dies With us.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 12:21 AM ----------

Oh, its 40people + that reports this guy AT a single Time. Like I said, its to the point where if Oondasta is up, and he is there, they wont even try. Ive literally gone to raids that just disbanded and gave up because he kept killing everyone. Over, and Over.

Yes, there is a pvp solution. You just don't want to put the effort or gold for it, and would rather have blizzard punish someone for something not against the rules.
    You could put a bounty on him large enough to get someone to transfer over. You could level an alliance toon to use as a merc. You could pay the alliance on the server to kill him.

There are pvp solutions, it is a pvp server, blizzard won't do anything. If this were a pve server it would be griefing and he would get a ban.

Sorry mang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the alliance kill him. It really isn't that complicated.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    If he does this repeatedly why not just wait till the raid is full before you go there? Also Oondasta is fairly easy now after the initial wipe with no one healing him your tanks/groups should be topped off and ready pretty quick for when he dies i'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakudai View Post
    Yes, there is a pvp solution. You just don't want to put the effort or gold for it, and would rather have blizzard punish someone for something not against the rules.
    You could put a bounty on him large enough to get someone to transfer over. You could level an alliance toon to use as a merc. You could pay the alliance on the server to kill him.

There are pvp solutions, it is a pvp server, blizzard won't do anything. If this were a pve server it would be griefing and he would get a ban.

Sorry mang.
    This is awesome.

Everything has a pvp solution!

Bots on your server? Kill them all! whats that? It would take hours? Who cares!
    People playing AH and price fixing, make a 40 man raid on chars you levelled specially on the other faction and run into the city and kill them!
    Guild doing better than yours in raids? Camp them outside so they waste raid time pvping!
    Need to grind gold? Kill some level 10 alts until they relent and give you their coppers on your other faction toon to make you go away!

Sorry but either you are one of the guys doing this, or you are defending something so stupid you just blew my mind.

Sounds like my kinda guy.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    If he does this repeatedly why not just wait till the raid is full before you go there? Also Oondasta is fairly easy now after the initial wipe with no one healing him your tanks/groups should be topped off and ready pretty quick for when he dies i'd think.
    We have gone there with full groups. Do you know how easy it is for oondasta to kill 60 closely grouped people who are getting ready to raid him? He is a druid. He faire fires from a distance, then sprints right into the group. BAM insta dead from his spit fire beam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakudai View Post

Sorry mang.
    Its still griefing on a PvP server. Its a world boss. Not camping an enemy player or city. No, I won't spend gold or money for an alliance to come and kill him when blizzard should be doing their JOB and ensuring that he isn't griefing 40+ people.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Have the alliance kill him. It really isn't that complicated.
    There is practically no alliance on my server. Its a very horde dominated server with very few alliance.

Well... It's not really a World Boss if it's not out in the World. It seems what you're asking for is more along the lines of 'Make this boss an instance boss so they can't be griefed!'. Because banning one player is never the solution, and I'm pretty sure you know it, whether you acknowledge it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Well... It's not really a World Boss if it's not out in the World. It seems what you're asking for is more along the lines of 'Make this boss an instance boss so they can't be griefed!'. Because banning one player is never the solution, and I'm pretty sure you know it, whether you acknowledge it or not.
    It's one player doing it over and over. Not a group, not many. One. ONE. Banning that one player would help. Its on the isle of giants, therefore, world boss.