Poll: Which could be a future Alliance race?

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Choose the next Alliance race.

So clearly the forum favorite choice for the Horde would be Ogres or Orc/Ogre hybrids.

What about the Alliance though? The choices seem to run the gamut from High elves to Naga. So let's put it to a vote shall we? Which race is the front runner for a new Alliance race among MMOC?

Here are your choices (in Alphabetical order):

Arrakkoa

Ethreals

High Elves

Naga

Cast your votes. It should make future expansion discussions a bit easier.

I would roll an alliance toon if they got ethereals, they're just too cool-looking.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    Highly improbable to see another shitelves race so.. i'd go for Ethereals.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 out of 4 aren't reasonable races in my opinion.
    Only possible chance of race is high elves, other 3 are just unrealistic to be as race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arrakkoa please. Would love to see these a playable characters. Ethereals could be neutral, Horde could get Ogres, and no one cares about High Elves. We can kill the Naga for Epic Lewt.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Ethereals, there arn't enough High Elves to call them a racial faction. Though then again, there's probably as many High Elves as there are Darkspear trolls in lore but whatever.

I'd love to have an Ethereal.

Why would naga be an alliance race? If anything neutral/like pandaren. I still think arrakoa would be weird for gear, mounts, and would have weird animations like they do for walking.

naga would join the horde or be neutral, joining the alliance wouldnt make much sense even if th3ey were good the night elves are douche bags and wouldnt accept them.

and while id love high elves i dont see them happening.

arrakoa or ethereal is a tough choice but ima go with ethereal since it would give the alliance a greedy race plus they run like demon hunters
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Arrakoa.
    Ethereals and Naga doesnt fit Alliance, and High Elves are just Belfs with different eye colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    Why would naga be an alliance race? If anything neutral/like pandaren. I still think arrakoa would be weird for gear, mounts, and would have weird animations like they do for walking.
    they would recieve a model revamp if added so that doesnt matter, the old worgen models wouldve looked horrible on mounts as well as the old goblin models

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Arrakoa.
    Ethereals and Naga doesnt fit Alliance, and High Elves are just Belfs with different eye colour.
    i think ethereals would fit in fine with the alliance and would be a great counter to the goblins.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Blizz will throw you for a loop and there won't be a new Horde or a new Alliance race. Maybe there will be two more "Neutral" races, Seems like a better use of development time to me, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    A lot of people seem to think that Naga is a strong possibility. There's been numerous threads about it.

Arrakoa could get a race upgrade like Draenei received for Burning Crusade. The original design for Draenei were similar to the Broken. They were "prettied up" for racial inclusion.

Remember the Worgen?

Old WoW model:

I'd like to see Arrakkoa, personally. Naga are more suited to Horde I'd say. Though I do love 'em.

None to all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Only possible chance of race is high elves, other 3 are just unrealistic to be as race.
    Lore-wise, High Elves are too few to be a significant player. Game design-wise, they're just a copy of something already in game. The other three races listed would bring something new and different.

I voted Naga, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    naga would join the horde or be neutral, joining the alliance wouldnt make much sense even if th3ey were good the night elves are douche bags and wouldnt accept them.
    Actually, you never know with Night Elves. They did accept the Highborn back in their society, allowing players to become Mages.
    If a group of Nagas some how redeem themselves I bet the Night Elves would accept them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Lore-wise, High Elves are too few to be a significant player. Game design-wise, they're just a copy of something already in game. The other three races listed would bring something new and different.

I voted Naga, of course.
    there are more high elves than gnomes or darkspear trolls.

population means nothing when it comes to whether a race could become playable or not.

High elves make the most sense because of their relation with the alliance. I voted Ethreals because they look awesome but they will most likely be a neutral race if they are ever implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post

How are Ethereals and Naga more unreasonable than Worgen? If Blizzard needs them to be a player race, they'll tailor lore that fits with them joining the respective faction. Before Cataclysm, the idea of Worgen joining the Alliance also made no sense.

Besides, Ethereals could feel connected to Draenei because they've been in touch before, and if they have to join up, they'd probably want to know that, like draenei, they're welcome. That said, it could be the Alliance counterpart to the goblins.

Arrakoa seem iffy to me, yeah, but also possible with some lore.

Naga could be a great neutral option for an Azshara expac, and the lore behind it could be that the naga are a small group, not at all representative of the whole group. They could've broken free and noticed that Azshara was getting even more out of hand.

Ethereals, like I said, could be a great asset in the fight with the Burning Legion. I'm sure they've got some knowledge on them, seeing as they've been under siege as well, and they could feel welcome with the draenei. Somewhat like gnomes are with the dwarves.

High Elves though, are the most unreasonable. They don't have a chance in hell to be a new race, as they aren't. The only way I see them happening is if they did something where they took a race from the Alliance too, recolored it to look like something unplayable (Draenei -> Man'ari Eredar is an example, though not viable; maybe if Garrosh were still around, it would be, but he won't) and go for a slightly different approach than "WHOLE NEW RACE".

But unless Blizzard standards fall below sea-level, they'd never dare insult us by introducing recolored blood elves as a "whole new race". So if anything, high elf is the least reasonable option, going with the system as it's been since ever, with new races.

Burning Legion expac = betting on Ethereals; hoping dearly for Ethereals (could surely have way more interesting lore than high elves or similar races that no longer have a place in WoW)

Azshara expac: Neutral (choice between faction at level 10-13? like with pandaren) Naga.

Ethereals seem more like a race that as a whole would not be affiliated to a single faction, similarly to the goblins. I would rather see them being introduced as a neutral race with one consortium siding with the Alliance and another with the Horde.

The problem is that they might be too 'cool' and we would have the world flooding with ethereals.