Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That's it everyone. There's no topping this. Off-topic can just close it up now, just pack your bags and go home.

OP has made the ultimate thread.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Insects are more beneficial to the environment than humans have, are and will ever be. As a matter of fact, why not just change the name to "Is there really a need for humans to exist?"

Everything has a place in the eco-system.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

the opnly thing you can ever remove is the last chain as that will only remove that one chain so us all other links have a part to play.

If insects didn't exist, neither would any higher form of life. Perhaps a small human population could exist artifically, but the eco-system would be completely destroyed.

I think that's worth having to clean your car every now and again, don't you?

Gl living without pollination.

Well they are a lot more neccesary than the human race for the eco system, so ask you... is there really a need for humans?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ecosystem. If there wasn't a need for them, they wouldn't have existed at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insects stabilize every single terrestrial ecosystem on the planet, whether in the form of pollinators or food for other animals; jobs which humans are unable to replicate.

I'm not too sure how this isn't... well, how it isn't instantly apparent to anyone that thought about it for more than 25 seconds.

As for Mosquitoes...
    Male mosquitoes act as pollinators, mosquito larvae are important food sources for fresh water life forms, and adults are preyed upon by many other animals.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    everything has a reason to be here.... except mosquitos. they offer nothing to the world, and live only to cause strife and aggravation. even spiders have more use than mosquitos.
    Human population control is a reason to be here.

We're just another species on this planet, and just as every other species, we have our own predators and they are very good at it. It's not some coincidence that a creature that lives by feeding off of animal and human blood can spread deadly diseases, that is pure evolutionary design.

What's the human reason to be here? There isn't one as far as the planet systems go, we don't fill any niche role currently. I think it's just to collectively build ourselves up to the point of inter-planetary travel so that we can spread ourselves and the species of this planet to other planets. We were evolved to be Johnny Appleseed for, at least, this galaxy.

Just getting completely derailed here, so I'll shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should a living creature have to be of use to us to justify their lives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there really any reason for humans to exist? I mean, all we ever do is fuck up the planet.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can we get rid of roaches? I killed one and tried to feed it to the ducks outside and instead they were playing with it instead of eating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    If al mamals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish would dissapear from the earth in an instant, the world would continue as normal.

If al insects would dissapear overnight, we'd all be dead in a few days(no exaggeration).
    If that is the case, then why dont we all die in the winter when all the insects are hibernating and inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If that is the case, then why dont we all die in the winter when all the insects are hibernating and inactive
    Are you serious? Do you understand anything about yearly life cycles?

“if all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on
    Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth,
    within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.”

― Biologist Jonas Salk

Insects do more good to this world than humans. Oh and lives should not have to be justified by reasons to live. They exist to live their live. Even if there's a specie that is absolutely useless, they still have the right to live in this world. I am quite disgusted that there's a human who think that a certain specie should be erased just because he thinks they are annoying..
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-05-28 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenver View Post
    Insects actually rule the world. It's just all the bigger animals getting all the attention. Or something ;D.
    There are something like 15 million ants per human being.

That's a lot of stupid ants.

I hate insects, I don't advocate their genocide, but if they enter the house, they die.
    Putin khuliyo

if you removed all insects from earth we would all die. Plain and simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Many insects are still active, its just the large pollinators such as bees and butterflies that hibernate or die off. We can survive a few months without food crops.

Oh god.... please never go into politics. Or any position of power. The answer is yes, we need insects. If they go, we all die as suddenly nothing in the world works properly.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!