Mocking banner in TOT

When is mocking banner useful in tot?

1) on netherwyrms in H mageara (worked)
    2) on flame casters on H horridon? (Not tested.. Do they stop casting and chase you?)

Where else? Anyone care to share?

Deleted
    Can be useful on Lei Shen if you are assigned to a platform and the opposite side spawns an add, if you move yourself to the middle and around slightly and just pop a mocking banner on top of the group, on Heroic it will only taunt the bouncing bolt adds but its still useful
    Also on Tortos when later on in the fight you are having the stomp and the bat wave reach the ground at the same time, mocking banner can be very useful so that they don't go and spank the DPS
    On Heroic consorts as well when you go into phase 2, if you just pop a mocking banner, have people run in range of it then are instantly able to run out for you to AoE the hidden adds

Outside of that I can only really think of trash, like pulling the whole Iron Qon room or trash to Magaera

10+ Year Old Account
    Can use it on Heroic Jinrok for lightning storm, stomp on tortos, rampage on Mag, quills on Ji, as needed on council, and the like. Any time a boss is doing damage, and can be impacted by the debuff, mocking banner will work.

Come on Darkfriend... you flame people for smaller mistakes

b2t: Taunting the ball lightnings... does taunting them result in them jumping towards that person? Could be used complementary to the vortex and make the adds even less of a problem. Obviously only with a few balls as a DPS.

You meant demo banner?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Can use it on Heroic Jinrok for lightning storm, stomp on tortos, rampage on Mag, quills on Ji, as needed on council, and the like. Any time a boss is doing damage, and can be impacted by the debuff, mocking banner will work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post

b2t: Taunting the ball lightnings... does taunting them result in them jumping towards that person? Could be used complementary to the vortex and make the adds even less of a problem. Obviously only with a few balls as a DPS.
    Uhm, never really tried taunting those however I would imagine due to it being a fixate mechanic they would just act as if you had never used the banner at all:P The tactic of using a DK to grip them and stunlocking them seems to be the only viable alternative to the very unattractive "spread and single target"
    If you were to use vortex you would be completely screwed if we are talking about HC :P

as a prot war, mocking is only useful on trash really (maybe tortos bats if you were day dreaming and need an instant pick-up on them)

as a dps war, mocking is amazing if you are the person assigned for netherwyrms on H Meg. Most of the time your job is to mainly round them up secondly to dps, using mocking well on one of the final heads let's your round them up while you get to keep DPS on the head.

As you said it works on the adds on horridon. Also on sandlings on council, and the bats on tortos. I believe i read it worked on animus too, but smells risky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Come on Darkfriend... you flame people for smaller mistakes

DARKFRIEND FOR BIGGEST NOOB 2013.

Ya I misread as demo banner hehe. I'm dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinta255 View Post
    As you said it works on the adds on horridon. Also on sandlings on council, and the bats on tortos. I believe i read it worked on animus too, but smells risky.
    It works on Animus in LFR, so I imagine it works in N/H. Don't see why you'd want to do it on those difficultly levels though.

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Uhm, never really tried taunting those however I would imagine due to it being a fixate mechanic they would just act as if you had never used the banner at all:P The tactic of using a DK to grip them and stunlocking them seems to be the only viable alternative to the very unattractive "spread and single target"
    If you were to use vortex you would be completely screwed if we are talking about HC :P
    Why would vortex screw me? We are using it successfully (10). Ball lightnings are no problem at all. The only thing standing between a kill and us at the moment are the screwups during the transmission phases or 2 chain lightning adds on the same person. We hardly ever reach the last phase as 10 or if we do, someone goes crazy and moves too late from the thunderstruck (most likely healers).